• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Does Suarez want out of LFC though? Because there's really no amount of money that can replace his production from last year. There's also no one else available in the market.

Whether he wants out or not is irrelevant at this point. He'll do whatever the fuck we tell him to do after this shit.

And you're right about his output, but then look at Atletico. They've sold Torres, Aguero, Falcao, and still improved year on year. If we can improve our defence, and get a few more goals from midfield/wide areas, then we still have a 20 goal a season striker ever if Suarez left.

Hell, even if you take away Suarez's tally, we still scored 70 league goals last season.

Balague can fuck off.

zjD8wlN.gif

Hahaha amazing:

Werder Bremen presents their new player Alejandro Gálvez and the guy is wearing a black and kinda yellow hoodie with a huge "09" on it.

Dat BVB

GQman2121

Banned
Whether he wants out or not is irrelevant at this point. He'll do whatever the fuck we tell him to do after this shit.

And you're right about his output, but then look at Atletico. They've sold Torres, Aguero, Falcao, and still improved year on year. If we can improve our defence, and get a few more goals from midfield/wide areas, then we still have a 20 goal a season striker ever if Suarez left.

Hell, even if you take away Suarez's tally, we still scored 70 league goals last season.

You definitely have him by the balls. And I don't think this hurts his value in the market at all with Barca or Real. They're the only two clubs that realistically can afford him.

Atletico are anomaly when it comes to forwards. Luckily doesn't begin to describe their fortune over the last decade.

Look at us over that same period. We buy Drogba in 04' and that worked out brilliantly. But we also bought Kezmen, Mutu, Shev, Crespo and of course, Torres. Flop, after flop, after flop. Jury obviously still out on Lukaku, but that's looking like another potential flop. He's just not cut for the top level.

Look at us over that same period. We buy Drogba in 04' and that worked out brilliantly. But we also bought Kezmen, Mutu, Shev, Crespo and of course, Torres. Flop, after flop, after flop. Jury obviously still out on Lukaku, but that's looking like another potential flop. He's just not cut for the top level.

It will all change when Costa arrives.

it won't

So, Evonik is our shirt sponsor until 2025 (wut) and they now own ~9% of our shares.

Last part sounds good, pretty much finances all our signings this summer. Not sure about the long contract as shirt sponsor, though. Could go either way to be honest. If we establish ourselves as big club in Europe, then we will earn a lot less than we could with this contract... Obviously good if we started to suck again :lol

Pennywise

So, Evonik is our shirt sponsor until 2025 (wut) and they now own ~9% of our shares.

Last part sounds good, pretty much finances all our signings this summer. Not sure about the long contract as shirt sponsor, though. Could go either way to be honest. If we establish ourselves as big club in Europe, then we will earn a lot less than we could with this contract... Obviously good if we started to suck again :lol

There's another part, they're looking for another strategic partner for fall to generate 100m.

I'm curious what exactly Evonik is paying with the sponsoring deal.

First thing is gonna be, buying our old stadium Rote Erde though.

Edit.
Okay, sponsoring is up to 18m a year from 12.

Looks like we're going to sign another player.

Well, obviously Ginter if Freiburg allows him to go. But I would be surprised to see more than that.

Immobile + Ramos + Sahin are a good 36m spent and if we're lucky we get 3m for Schieber. I'm pretty sure these transfers are financed by the Evonik deal.

Feorax

You definitely have him by the balls. And I don't think this hurts his value in the market at all with Barca or Real. They're the only two clubs that realistically can afford him.

Atletico are anomaly when it comes to forwards. Luckily doesn't begin to describe their fortune over the last decade.

Well you have Costa basically wrapped up, and maybe even another;

@GFN_France: Pierre Emerick Aubameyang is in advanced talks with Chelsea, according to @Nabil_djellit. More to follow. #CFC #BVB #ASSE

Bad luck can't last forever, one of these will stick eventually.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Everyone in division 6 or higher in Fifa has jesus teams D:, fucking full teams of TOTW and TOTY players.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

Team of the week and Team of the season, gives normal players boosted stats for having a good week/year. So if I had a team full of players and another team was full of TOTY or TOTW players their players would be better than mine.

I cant afford any players over 85 rating either

Bumhead

Banned

Unless he goes AWOL and decides not to come back to England, in which case Liverpool are completley powerless and Suarez does what he wants.

Mr Cola

I want the Netherlands to go out so we can do more tranfers, sorry Bacon :( pre-season starts soon.

Feorax

Unless he goes AWOL and decides not to come back to England, in which case Liverpool are completley powerless and Suarez does what he wants.

Nope, that's when he gets sued for breach of contract.

If he did that then his great grandchildren would probably be spending their lives paying off a debt to Liverpool FC.

Bumhead

Banned
Nope, that's when he gets sued for breach of contract.

If he did that then his great grandchildren would probably be spending their lives paying off a debt to Liverpool FC.

Clearly though with the amount of times this happens without serious reprecussion, this is easier to threaten in theory but more difficult and complex to apply in practice.

Other than Mutu, which was a slightly seperate issue anyway, I can't think of many other high profile precedents of clubs successfully getting one over rogue players from a legal or financial standpoint.

To varying degree's, the likes of Di Canio, Tevez, Van Hoijdonk etc have all been able to hold their clubs to ransom, or force through what they wanted, before the clubs were able to do anything about it.

EDIT: For the record if Suarez did refuse to return to England I would sincerely hope that Liverpool would be successful in sueing the shit out of him. I just don't know easy it would be for the club to achieve that. The most likely outcome at this point, in my opinion, is that Suarez holds the clubs balls in a vice for a while until Madrid or Barcelona come calling for a few bob less than they'd have paid a week ago. All things considered I think that'd be the best and most painless solution for LFC too.

Suarez needs to come to Barca, why? Because:

a) We know Suarez has bitten defenders

b) The incidents happened in high profile matches.

So I want to see Suarez play in an El Clasico, bite Pepe and get smashed at the mouth for it.

Linius

Suarez needs to come to Barca, why? Because:

a) We know Suarez has bitten defenders

b) The incidents happened in high profile matches.

So I want to see Suarez play in an El Clasico, bite Pepe and get smashed at the mouth for it.

c) Ajax will make about 8-12 million euros if it the transfer goes trough

Feorax

@bigadamsport: Luke Shaw has had his medical at Manchester United - more to follow as story unfolds today @solentsport #mufc #saintsfc

Muppet away.

I would imagine we'd be back in for Lallana by now if we didn't have more, err, "pressing" concerns...

Mr Cola

Wait what. We signed Herrera? Educate me on this, Footygaf. How excited should I be?

According to the 10 articles i read yesterday on how hes one of the best prospects in Spain, extremely. I went from having no idea who he is to full muppet mode in the space of 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom