• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobito

Banned
A family in a golf cart passed me outside 4 times while I was cleaning the inside of my car out and streaming the Argentina game on my phone.

The family was decked out in Argentina kits..... 3 of them Messi kits..... I had to tell them Argentina was 1 up already on an OG...... They didn't seem to care.

Can you imagine if you were some 40 year old bloke and you were still wearing football shirts, should be following Henry's lead.

Suen

Messi looks dead, a couple years ago he would have been chasing down after that shot was fired.
He's been shit ever since Bayern humiliated Barca......ok not quiet since he did find his form before he got injured again last season but still...

The tax evasion took its toll.

Slizz

Can you imagine if you were some 40 year old bloke and you were still wearing football shirts, should be following Henry's lead.

I can't even imagine golfcarting around on a regular street like an asshole. Thats strictly for the course.

bud

messi looks wasted. and we all know ronaldo's going to be even more awful with those pathetic shots from forty yards. perseh and robben are going to be the stars of this world cup.

Suen

messi looks wasted. and we all know ronaldo's going to be even more awful with those pathetic shots from forty yards.

perseh and robben are going to be the starts of this world cup.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here bud. Balotelli and Sterling got this.

Slizz

You know it's trouble when we are the sensible ones

Tad flat this game, Bosnia gonna have to take a chance and stick another forward on and some point

This was my warning to every regular here. WC threads bring out the worst.

EDIT: Oh and by worst I don't mean me, even though I showed up here after the 2010 WC

bud23

Gonzalo Higuaín is on the verge of signing for Barça. The Catalans have agreed terms with the striker and are currently bidding to finalise an agreement with Napoli, who signed the forward for €40 million from Barcelona's arch-rivals, Real Madrid, just last summer.

New 'Azulgranas' boss Luis Enrique has earmarked the Argentina number nine as his top attacking target and Barça director of football Andoni Zubizarreta has moved swiftly to try to tie up a deal.

Fucking hell :(

http://www.marca.com/2014/06/15/en/football/barcelona/1402866613.html

Susans trolling.
nt5j5sS.png

Please, I know you can do better.

I honestly think Argentina should just go completely mad with their line-up:
4 at the back
Mascherano
di Maria - Lavezzi
Higuain - Messi (lol) - Aguero

Suen

I honestly expected Palacio to be in the XI. Any reason why he is not starting? The fact that Willy isn't even in the squad is mindblowing.

Wilbur

Banned
Although I do find it amusing the amount of people in the WC thread that are like "this is the Argentina people were talking about?", "Argentina have no hope in hell"

A week ago Brazil were favourites. And then holland who no one gave a chance are now amazing. They're all extrapolating stuff based off one game, it's jokes lol. You can easily tell the casuals.

Slizz

Although I do find it amusing the amount of people in the WC thread that are like "this is the Argentina people were talking about?", "Argentina have no hope in hell"

A week ago Brazil were favourites. And then holland who no one gave a chance are now amazing. They're all extrapolating stuff based off one game, it's jokes lol. You can easily tell the casuals.

Knee-jerk reactions relating to sports?! Color me shocked!

L1NETT

No different to people going X/Y are...shit/overrated/wooders pls after watching 25 mins

But yeah agree

Oh shit Juninho. Leg

fuenf

I'd say so, yes.

You wouldn't know Argentina have some of the best players in the world on the pitch.

that's true but in general I think we shouldn judge these teams based the their first game. For me this game looks every similar to the Brazil - Croatia game and I'd be hard pressed to say that any of these teams is better than the other.

K1LLER7

Messi moving kinda slow. Not been the same since his injury.

Could've got a shot off a couple times instead of passing in the 1st half.

Salvadora

that's true but in general I think we shouldn judge these teams based the their first game. For me this game looks every similar to the Brazil - Croatia game and I'd be hard pressed to say that any of these teams is better than the other.
Can only judge what I've seen m8.

Not writing anyone off by any means, but I expected them to look far better than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom