• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

Well, I had preferred Durm on the wing and Lahm on the right, with Schweinsteiger and Khedira in DM, and Özil in front. Schürrle and Götze on the wings.

Schweinsteiger clearly isnt fit and sucked massively the last couple of times he played for Bayern. Durm / Höwedes is the only really questionable decision by Löw. I'd rather play with 10 men than with Özil and in current form Götze isnt much better. We can only hope that one of them will finally find their form but they dont deserve to start.

Only 1 more day until we get to see Januzaj warm the bench.

10483468_1426505300962224_1935679606_n.jpg

Germany: Neuer, Howedes, Hummels, Khedira, Ozil, Muller, Lahm, Mertesacker, Kroos, Gotze, Boateng.

Portugal: Patricio, Alves, Pepe, Veloso, Coentrao, Ronaldo (c), Moutinho, Almeida, Meireles, Nani, Pereira.

Blablurn

Germany: Neuer, Howedes, Hummels, Khedira, Ozil, Muller, Lahm, Mertesacker, Kroos, Gotze, Boateng.

Portugal: Patricio, Alves, Pepe, Veloso, Coentrao, Ronaldo (c), Moutinho, Almeida, Meireles, Nani, Pereira.

Neuer

Boateng Hummels Merte Höwedes
-------Lahm

Khedira- Kroos
Müller - Özil - Götze

is my guess

edit: wrong

BqQoA47CUAAAevO.png:large

Gambit

Neuer

Boateng Hummels Merte Höwedes
-------Lahm

Khedira- Kroos
Müller - Özil - Götze

is my guess

edit: wrong

BqQoA47CUAAAevO.png:large

I swear if fucking Özil drifts toward the middle again and refuses to track back....argh!!!

I almost prefer the previous line-up.

Also, why not Durm?!

Yen

I got burnt to a crisp. I was reading the god delusion in the garden. It's a good book.
"but how do we know it is good book? where is the proof? make u think"

If Ronaldo scores today (or at any stage in the WC) he'll have scored in 6 successive tournaments. First player to do so since Klinsmann.

Surprising since he's never really done very well at any of them, apart from maybe Euro 2004.

Wilbur

Banned
- World Cup thread is so jokes
- don't know anything about Koeman as manager
- this game will be fun

If Ronaldo scores today (or at any stage in the WC) he'll have scored in 6 successive tournaments. First player to do so since Klinsmann.

Surprising since he's never really done very well at any of them, apart from maybe Euro 2004.

Thought he was decent in 06, but you're right; for all the flak Messi gets, he was better at the last WC than Ronaldo has been at any international tournament. Wonder if his fitness will hold up.

edit: as WJD mentioned, few crucial moments in 2012 as well

WJD

He was decent at Euro 2012 wasn't he? Few important goals against Netherlands and Denmark before the penalty controversy against Spain.

I don't understand cricket

Surely it's better for the umpire to call an LBW out, and if he's wrong they'll review it and he holds his hands up? As it is, he doesn't call it out, and it turns out he was wrong but the decision can't be overturned (with a lost appeal to boot) because only 49% of the ball was hitting the stump. So the umpire is wrong, and we've ended up with the wrong decision.

L1NETT

I don't understand cricket

Surely it's better for the umpire to call an LBW out, and if he's wrong they'll review it and he holds his hands up? As it is, he doesn't call it out, and it turns out he was wrong but the decision can't be overturned (with a lost appeal to boot) because only 49% of the ball was hitting the stump. So the umpire is wrong, and we've ended up with the wrong decision.

Benefit of the doubt lies with the batsman

Trigger finger helps nobody, especially with limited appeals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom