• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
ask claire, she knows all about my disappointing finales huehuehue

ggad2o8afq.gif

Wastum

Neo Member
Seems like Griezman is close to signing for Real Madrid. Same source who broke the Illarra deal last year.

Higuain is in no way going to Barca.

Highly unlikely with Jesé returning next season, though you might never know if he will ever retain his good form from last season again.

And I don't like the way Higuaín is talking about the Barca rumours. Although he probably wouldn't play as good as he did before his back injury, I hate the idea of seeing him defending Barca's colors. No thank you.

pulga

Banned
Fuck Higuain, let him go to Barca. Let them spend silly money on a player they dont need, and a lesser one than Kunt

dc89

Streaming some Destiny if anyone is interested! Or I will play FIFA14 with someone and stream it, maybe we can do Germany v Portugal :p

Meier

Roma offers 25m (+ Ljajic?) for Aubameyang?

Well, that's tempting.
I don't believe they'd pay €25m for him. They definitely wouldn't pay €40-45m. for him.

Haha, that's awesome. I love how proper she is too. The kawaii head rub afterwards and picking up her heels as she walks off.

I've just seen the video of Hart going mental after Pirlo's freekick
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Love it. Some of our outfield players were in no rush towards the end. Pet peeve of mine when losing teams don't try to get the ball back into play ASAP.
Saw that this morning too and wanted to post it. So good.

Marc

It's so fucking stupid.

That is somewhat of an understatement, although if he hasn't already been let down by a bunch of the stupid plots at the end then he might like it. I hated the show by the finale so it became the cherry on top for my hate. I fully expected that level of pure deus ex machina bullshit.

Coulda been a contender, instead it's a bum. :(

Last GoT tonight, got nothing else to watch. Well, the world cup obviously but a large hole next to that.

Btw, fuck blight town. Fuck it in the arse, no lube for you. Should have called it knock you off the edge and poison you town. POS, it's not even nice to look at, and the framerate drops to still pictures. Fuck that fucking level.

Jack cw

SSNHD says:
Poldi-Müller-Schürrle
Kroos-Khedira
Lahm

This is the slowest offence we could play with. Löw really lost his mind. There is NO creative player in the starting line up. He either wants to have Portugeil have the ball and only play counter or he wants to concede more goals than Spain.

fuenf

I have no idea, you tell me :lol

but seeing that frontline playing with 4 CB's actually might not be the worst idea. With the exception of Poldi and Khedira, who wouldnt be playing if Gündogod and Reus werent injured, he is fielding the best players at their respective positions. I think that's what's confusing me... it finally looks like Löw has a clue after all?

This is the slowest offence we could play with. Löw really lost his mind. There is NO creative player in the starting line up. He either wants to have Portugeil have the ball and only play counter or he wants to concede more goals than Spain.

while that is also true there isnt much of a choice Poldi / Götze / Özil is a crapshoot and Schweini currently isnt any better than Khedira. I'd play Götze but I can understand his decision to go with Poldi.

Jack cw

but seeing that frontline playing with 4 CB's actually might not be the worst idea. With the exception of Poldi and Khedira, who wouldnt be playing if Gündogod and Reus werent injured, he is fielding the best players at their respective positions. I think that's what's confusing me... it finally looks like Löw has a clue after all?

while that is also true there isnt much of a choice Poldi / Götze / Özil is a crapshoot and Schweini currently isnt any better than Khedira. I'd play Götze but I can understand his decision to go with Poldi.

His clue is only counter. But with Müller, Poldi and Schürrle I wonder how we should create chances. Portugals defence have outrun our offence before we even crossed the middle line...

I honestly think this defense is the worst shit Löw has done since fielding Toni against Italy.

While it's a nice idea to close the center for CR7/Nani with 4 CBs, it's like Löw doesn't give a fuck about the wings. Poldi and Schürrle aren't that great defensively and even if they work harder than usual, it's still CR7/Coentrao against Boateng/Schürrle. We're fucked and it will need a terrible day by CR7 for us to not concede.

Jack cw

I honestly think this defense is the worst shit Löw has done since fielding Toni against Italy.

While it's a nice idea to close the center for CR7/Nani with 4 CBs, it's like Löw doesn't give a fuck about the wings. Poldi and Schürrle aren't that great defensively and even if the work harder than usual, it's still CR7/Coentrao against Boateng/Schürrle. We're fucked and it will need a terrible day by CR7 for us to not concede.

Pretty much. The wings are hilariously weak with Schürrle and Podolski. None of them has the pace like Reus or Götze, hell even Özil is faster than both of them. And Kroos as CAM could fail like against Italy. This starting 11 has huge embarrassment potential.

fuenf

While it's a nice idea to close the center for CR7/Nani with 4 CBs, it's like Löw doesn't give a fuck about the wings. Poldi and Schürrle aren't that great defensively and even if they work harder than usual, it's still CR7/Coentrao against Boateng/Schürrle. We're fucked and it will need a terrible day by CR7 for us to not concede.

Pretty much. The wings are hilariously weak with Schürrle and Podolski. None of them has the pace like Reus or Götze, hell even Özil is faster than both of them. And Kroos as CAM could fail like against Italy. This starting 11 has huge embarrassment potential.

Look who'd you rather have today?

Kroos or Schweini? Easy Kroos!
Would a Kroos / Khedira midfield work? most likely not that's why we need Lahm and thus Boateng has to play.

I doubt that Lahm will really be the lone holding midfielder. If Löw has any sanity left it should look like this...

----------Kroos---------------Lahm (attack)-
-------------Khedira---Lahm (build up)--
---------------------------------Lahm (defense)
Höwedes---Hummels---Merte---Boateng

Lahm will most likely play like Bayern's fullbacks usual do, defend vs CR7, help the build play in the middle and if needed race down the wings. The only question is whether he'll be capable of playing like that given the climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom