• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.
That other thread.

Seriously.

I puked a little bit in my mouth and had to get out of there.

No offence US gaf, I admire your, erm, passion.
Just FYI for those not in the know, 90% of people doing eagle, freedom and taco bell jokes are kidding around. We know we're lucky to be here it's just comical how much other countries, particularly European ones, can't admit we are decent enough. Even though all these big name teams are out now.

Are we good enough to win? Fuck no.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Thanks. I'm a MU fan! Not sure how well accepted that is around here. Used to live two blocks from their stadium way back.

If you want Artorias Vidal the Abysswalker, then it's not accepted

Arturo-Vidal1.gif

krYlon

Just FYI for those not in the know, 90% of people doing eagle, freedom and taco bell jokes are kidding around. We know we're lucky to be here it's just comical how much other countries, particularly European ones, can't admit we are decent enough. Even though all these big name teams are out now.

Are we good enough to win? Fuck no.

Oh I completely understand they are supposed to be jokes. I just don't find them funny.

Seriously though, if it was just one or two pages I wouldn't mind at all, but again and again and again, and then the puke came

Pennywise

Well, I personally don't rate a National Cup that high, considering even smaller teams can win it.
It's a good trophy, but real sucess is the league or international titles.

Thanks. I'm a MU fan! Not sure how well accepted that is around here. Used to live two blocks from their stadium way back.

We've got a bunch of MU fans here, be careful around Wilbur though, once he appeared in your dreams, you can never go back....

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh I completely understand they are supposed to be jokes. I just don't find them funny.

Seriously though, if it was just one or two pages I wouldn't mind at all, but again and again and again, and then the puke came

it's classic GAF to run a joke to the ground heh

it's much better here, promise.

omgkitty

Well, I personally don't rate a National Cup that high, considering even smaller teams can win it.

I said "starting to get good." We've got a good squad now and with a few solid additions, I really think we have a good shot next season.

Croyles

I can't decide what I want to see more, Belgium winning and seeing the meltdown in the WC thread, or USA winning and seeing the meltdown in the WC thread...

Most National Cups are worthless, but the FA Cup is the only one that's actually worth a damn, especially since all teams take it seriously.

Kikarian

I can't decide what I want to see more, Belgium winning and seeing the meltdown in the WC thread, or USA winning and seeing the meltdown in the WC thread...
Tough one.

the belgium meltdown would be more funny. It's kind of expected that USA will lose.

wedward

This could be the best week of my life.

US win today.

Turn 25 on Thursday.

4th of July on Friday.

US make Messi cry on Saturday.

Pls god.

Pennywise

Most National Cups are worthless, but the FA Cup is the only one that's actually worth a damn, especially since all teams take it seriously.

Yeah.
National Cups got their own rules, that's why I said it.
A constant performance in the league is worth alot more.

I said "starting to get good." We've got a good squad now and with a few solid additions, I really think we have a good shot next season.

Will be hard though.
I'll say 4th in the league and maybe a better performance in the CL if you get a good group.

Carbonox

Siem de Jong to newcastle

Would Newcastle finish one place higher in the league with Anita and de Jong now in midfield together?
Uus4Plt.png

Not even gonna bother with a muppet formation cos Pardew will fuck it up. We need wingers and strikers and midfielders and defenders (someone to replace Debuchy at least), etc. etc.

Then again, a midfield depth consisting of Sissoko, de Jong, Anita, Tiote and Colback is a decent start for now.

Koko

Banned
Would Newcastle finish one place higher in the league with Anita and de Jong now in midfield together?
Uus4Plt.png

Not even gonna bother with a muppet formation cos Pardew will fuck it up. We need wingers and strikers and midfielders and defenders (someone to replace Debuchy at least), etc. etc.

Then again, a midfield depth consisting of Sissoko, de Jong, Anita, Tiote and Colback is a decent start for now.

Where's that beautiful cunt going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom