• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

So you're German American? I find it interesting when my coworkers ask me soccer questions and then just nod their heads like they understand wtf I just said when they clearly didn't. I chuckle internally.

Nope. Well I may be? I'm just American. Maybe like a distant relative is German. I just like watching Germany play, which is why I'm rooting for them.

So your personal life and views are ruining your experience?

Yep, pretty much. I'm an irrationally pessimistic ass hole basically. I'm the old man yelling for the kids to get off my lawn except I'm 25.

Suen

Keep hating on Murica. We'll be laughing all the way to the semi finals. Before Robben gives us his award winning moment and falls near the goalie in such a spectacular fashion that it'll snub Leo Dicaprio once again.
The freedom jokes are brillian though. Gotta give it to you guys, you are like Colombia and their fans this WC, you play for fun and enjoy it. The rest of us are all just sad old
only FF
men who are frustated about all promising transfer news being wrong.

We all thought England going out in two games would heal us but it's not enough.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So is this where the real footballers hang out? Cause that other thread is just getting too much for me. It's full of people who think they are funny and others who are actually complaining about the soccer. It's bizarre.

Welcome ;)

The freedom jokes are brillian though. Gotta give it to you guys, you are like Colombia and their fans this WC, you play for fun and enjoy it. The rest of us are all just sad old
only FF
men who are frustated about all promising transfer news being wrong.

We all thought England going out in two games would heal us but it's not enough.
I'm Colombian born and America naturalized so imagine just how much I'm enjoying this world cup? Two teams who nobody ever looked for are now in top 8 and top 16. I'm as giddy as a goose.

Pennywise

So is this where the real footballers hang out? Cause that other thread is just getting too much for me. It's full of people who think they are funny and others who are actually complaining about the soccer. It's bizarre.

Welcome.
The most important question first, your favorite club ?

Suen

mellz just replied back to me with salt in the thread despite the fact that Argentina is/was one of the teams I wanted to win along with Italy
after Asia showed the world they can't play football
. Does he even post here anymore?

mellz plz.

Suen

I'm Colombian born and America naturalized so imagine just how much I'm enjoying this world cup? Two teams who nobody ever looked for are now in top 8 and top 16. I'm as giddy as a goose.
Think most of us here were expecting something from Colombia actually, many of their players have put on great performances in Europe in recent seasons.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Everyone I know is supporting Colombia

the Colombians are carrying Serie A's (dipped in bukkake) flag.

Nope. Well I may be? I'm just American. Maybe like a distant relative is German. I just like watching Germany play, which is why I'm rooting for them.

Yep, pretty much. I'm an irrationally pessimistic ass hole basically. I'm the old man yelling for the kids to get off my lawn except I'm 25.

lighten up a little and enjoy the self-deprecation. A lot of people don't get many chances to actually talk about soccer/football in their normal lives. Growing up in Texas and watching the World Cup was damn near impossible. The only people that cared were on my soccer teams. I had a class of 1000 people, and maybe 100 knew 4 premier league teams. maybe 50 watched a game. It was regarded as pussy shit from my football buddies. Hell, even our marching band routinely shit on soccer.

So when I get a chance to introduce the sport to people, and/or talk about the sport in a publicly acceptable fasion, I accept any newcomers. Even if they know jack-all and want to complain about things without knowledge, use it to inform them about the rules. It seems backwards and even more asshole-hipster-like to just retreat to a cave and condemn newcomers. Really weird attitude to me.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Oh shit im older than Fellaini, that makes me feel really bad. He looks twice my age.

Wilbur

Banned

Yeah, there will be very little pictures of salt or eagles here unless Pulga posts

Think most of us here were expecting something from Colombia actually, many of their players have put on great performances in Europe in recent seasons.

Everyone I know is supporting Colombia

the Colombians are carrying Serie A's (dipped in bukkake) flag.
Cuadrado hhhhhhhhames and Ospina are fucking troopers. And we aren't even playing with Falcao. This is the best team my country has had period. Move over El Pibe.

Pennywise

Oh shit im older than Fellaini, that makes me feel really bad. He looks twice my age.

2EbcpKX.png

krYlon

That other thread.

Seriously.

I puked a little bit in my mouth and had to get out of there.

No offence US gaf, I admire your, erm, passion.

Suen

I want to see Lightning's reaction when America beats the dutch.
I want to see your reaction when the German's smash France so hard that their players squat to the pond and squeak their way back to France. Fuck PSG and fuck you Timu.

I want France to win. I want to cheer on Germany between the two but my friend is such an irrational baby when it comes to Germany or Bayern that I want to see his tears and piss him off.

Kikarian

Thanks. I'm a MU fan! Not sure how well accepted that is around here. Used to live two blocks from their stadium way back.
Welcome!

Always good to have another United fan and from Manchester! I live fairly close to OT too!

I'll let you know a little secret, Woodenlung loves United.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom