• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

:lol I'd have thought you would've learnt about our owners by now.

I just edited my post. I can see you guys letting him rot in reserves if it came down to it, but I have no doubt that Suarez will help push Barca's agenda this summer. He did it with us (Guardian interview) and we're nowhere as big or appealing as Barca.

LTWheels

I think we'll pull the plug on the deal before then if Barca start fucking around. Money means fuck all if we can't spend it, and it's not like Suarez is going to be able to be poison in the dressing room at the end of August.

Yep Suarez's anything football related ban means him putting on a tantrum won't have any effect. After 4 months of no football anything, he will be gagging to kick a ball for any team.

Arnie

I just edited my post. I can see you guys letting him rot in reserves if it came down to it, but I have no doubt that Suarez will help push Barca's agenda this summer. He did it with us (Guardian interview) and we're nowhere as big or appealing as Barca.
I'm not disagreeing with any of that. I'm sure he will.

But how does that refer to our principles? Your post was in response to a comment about us sticking to the asking price. That won't change regardless of what Suarez or Barca do, just like it didn't last summer.

omgkitty

The fuck we bid so low for Sanchez? That shit is how we lose players.

I just hope we don't fuck around over a few million this time. It's an opening bid, and I don't think it's that far off the mark. I think if we do get him, it will end up in the low 30's.

Barzul

I'm not disagreeing with any of that. I'm sure he will.

But how does that refer to our principles? Your post was in response to a comment about us sticking to the asking price. That won't change regardless of what Suarez or Barca do, just like it didn't last summer.

I guess we'll see. I think last summer was more complicated because it was selling to a domestic rival. That hangup isn't there anymore.

Barzul

Newcastle switching from Ligue 1 to Eredivise as their primary source of players. They've apparently just signed Siem De Jong.

Arnie

I guess we'll see. I think last summer was more complicated because it was selling to a domestic rival. That hangup isn't there anymore.
You sound hopeful more than logical.

Anyone rationally looking at this situation will accept, based on what's happened previously and how our owners have behaved, that we will absolutely only sell for our asking price.

Independent are saying Sanchez is crucial to our demands and that we view him as a key part of our Champions League plans.

So I guess it's how much pressure Barcelona are able to put on Sanchez to get the deal done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom