• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Lol, you are fucking hilarious.

Why do you reply to every comment about your club/s even when it's not directed at you?

Then counter it with some trivial shit to try and make sure the person posting it is 'wrong'.

Doesn't it get tiresome?

LOL, I've noticed this. I do it too, but only with Arnie.

MooSeePoo

Neo Member

This whole situation is incredibly sad. CCFC used to have the backing of the whole city, but you could see that fractures within the fan-base began to show then the club left Highfield Road. Though I'm not a "true supporter" of CCFC, I've lived in the city my whole life, worked for the company that built the Ricoh Arena, and now; Live within a stones-throw (literally) from the Ricoh...

Essentially; it comes down to greed. SISU thought they would become "big-players" by owning a football club. God only knows what their investors think of the £40m they have pissed down the drain since buying the club. All the actions to withhold rent and payments from the club/area are all scare tactics to try to force ACL to sell the area to them. The idea of the club owning the stadium (or even 50%of it) is not a bad idea in the slightest; but unfortunately not while the people who have proved that they have the football-club management skills of a donkey still own the club.

I do hope that SISU collapse and someone with more passion comes in and picks up the club for very little and has the ability to invest money in the club/team as well as have proper negotiations with ACL/THT to try to purchase a stake in the area in a fair way.

Pennywise

Why do you reply to every comment about your club/s even when it's not directed at you?

Then counter it with some trivial shit to try and make sure the person posting it is 'wrong'.

Doesn't it get tiresome?

Being a cunt isn't easy.
Keep that in mind when Pulga is writing something.

He's always investing 100 %.

King_Moc

Banned
I always had a softspot for Peter Shilton's Handball Maradona on the Spectrum. Showing my age, there, lol. You got to control the keeper though, which was different.

GQman2121

Banned
We're not chasing Khedira. We have no need need for him. Matic is our guy, and Mikel is his backup. Sami is just a more expensive and less attractive version of Obi One anyway.

We need to dump Ramires on whomever will have him. Mou seems to want to hold onto him, but I'd love to see him go and then either Chalobah given a chance with the first team or we make a realistic offer for Pogba.

What will actually happen: we sign Tiago. Rotate Mikel, Ramires and Tiago next to Matic. Chalobah goes on loan to Everton.

We're not chasing Khedira. We have no need need for him. Matic is our guy, and Mikel is his backup. Sami is just a more expensive and less attractive version of Obi One anyway.

We need to dump Ramires on whomever will have him. Mou seems to want to hold onto him, but I'd love to see him go and then either Chalobah given a chance with the first team or we make a realistic offer for Pogba.

What will actually happen: we sign Tiago. Rotate Mikel, Ramires and Tiago next to Matic. Chalobah goes on loan to Everton.

I can't see Ramires going anywhere soon. Mou seems to love him.

EmiPrime

It must be great having unlimited money because of a corrupt government who ignore financial irregularities or rubber stamp whatever they are told.

Joke club.

Joke league.

Plasma

Banned
pD5hZgx.jpg

Played this so much as a kid, even went through all the teams and put in the real players.

h38NTTx.jpg

bu7HSLU.jpg

Anyone else ever play this one? Me and my brother got a lot more fun out of this than we should have. The commentator was great and I can still remember how funny it was to hear him yell GOAL or THROW IN every single time. Game was butt though. It had a glitch where if you to a shot from midfield in the right spot, the ball would go through a standing still goalies legs every time.

pulga

Banned

Doesn't it get tiresome?

this reads like:

waaaahhh momma why is there banter in the football thread i dont understand

Yen

Replaying MGS2 for the first time in about 5 years. In the Tanker, I found a locker with a poster of a woman on the front of it. When you open the locker, the inside has a poster of the same woman, only the portrait is taken from behind instead.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jul/03/louis-van-gaal-tempers-idealism-holland-strengths?CMP=twt_gu

Great article on the genius of Louis van Gaal. What an outstanding choice by Woodward. I was concerned, both with Woodward making the decision and the selection of LvG. But what a revelation it's been already. Woodward to his credit, has clearly learnt a lot about football. I suppose 10 years alongside the likes of Fergie, Sir Bobby, Giggs and all the other great players will rub off.

So excited for next season now. No idea how we will play but I think we will be up there especially if we get Vidal.

ED WOODWARD
ED WOODWARD
ED WOODWARD

Woodward selected him?

I had no idea.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Replaying MGS2 for the first time in about 5 years. In the Tanker, I found a locker with a poster of a woman on the front of it. When you open the locker, the inside has a poster of the same woman, only the portrait is taken from behind instead.

MGS easter-eggs are my 2nd favourite part of the game. :lol

FootballFan

Doesn't it get tiresome?

It's sad.

I guess some habits die while others #stay.

Slizz

Why is Germany France the same day as Brazil Colombia?

Less recovery time for both France and Germany.... Is it because they want games from both sides of the brackets on the same day?

Jarnet87

If Man United do get Dimaria, do you think he'll play in midfield or on the wing?

Tough to say. he'll have to compete with Young, Nani, Welbeck, and Adnan on the wings for a starting spot.

ZachGiggle.gif

Sorry, I tried to keep a straight face while typing this.

Rad-

I dunno about Di Maria. He had a good year but he can also be very frustrating to watch. He's like Nani but better. I think he will be overpriced as well.

GQman2121

Banned
I can't see Ramires going anywhere soon. Mou seems to love him.

Yep, which I suppose makes sense considering he does try and hustle all over the place. Headless chicken though when it comes down to making a critical play.

I'm honestly fine with the team as is (given that Filipe Luis & Tiago seem imminent) and I'm ready for the preseason to start (two weeks away!).

h38NTTx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bu7HSLU.jpg[IMG]

Anyone else ever play this one? Me and my brother got a lot more fun out of this than we should have. The commentator was great and I can still remember how funny it was to hear him yell GOAL or THROW IN every single time. Game was butt though. It had a glitch where if you to a shot from midfield in the right spot, the ball would go through a standing still goalies legs every time.[/QUOTE]

I owned this. Great game. It had tight controls and was very simplistic in it's design. NHL 94' of football really. Super solid. :)

Yen

Imagine being Emre Can and styling your hair like that, and then everyday having to look at Brad Jones' hair. I'd be dead inside. Steve Peters has his work cut out trying to convince Can that just because he has the inferior haircut, doesn't mean he's the inferior man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom