• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.
:O

How the fuck have they worked out that you're worth double the most prestigous club in the world?

Wouldn't doubt if United sell more than everyone. Fuck Real Madrid and their tv money. It's kind of embarrassing when you think about it. They have by far the more prestigious players.

Warrior have been great until this year's home kit.

New third kit looks boss.

Only your home kits were great. That now makes it 7/9 shit kits from Warrior.

omgkitty

Barzul

Yen

Leaked-Liverpool-Third-Kit-2014-15.jpg

-
I noticed the other day, it seems one of my lecturers has convinced Google to remove something related to him from Google search. I imagine wilbury is going to have to use that feature in the future.

WJD

Finished Archer last night and I've picked Mad Men up again.

Like, nothing ever happens in it but I still really enjoy watching it. It's all so quiet.

edit: and naturally as I say that shit starts going down

King_Moc

Banned
Suarez is on 200K, he goes that 200K we can use, so yes

Plus the £80m cash injection from Suarez, the extra £40/50m prem money this year and the champions league money. We've probably got around £150m more to play with them last season, though I expect the owners will finally take some. LFC's wage bill is already lower than Arsenal's as well.

Barzul

And you somehow think paying 200k would be a problem for us. Seeing as we just freed up around 150k this summer in wages alone and have much higher cash reserves?

Plus the £80m cash injection from Suarez, the extra £40/50m prem money this year and the champions league money. We've probably got around £150m more to play with them last season, though I expect the owners will finally take some. LFC's wage bill is already lower than Arsenal's as well.

Your under the assumption you'll be getting a lump sum from Barca?

Lightning

Banned
Your naive if you think wages will stop this transfer going through. Ramsey, according to Dean Camden and Geoff, is on 130k with his latest contract. Walcott over 100k etc it's accepted now that the top players require this.

I'm not saying Sanchez to Arsenal will go through, I still have doubts, I just know wages will not be the stumbling block.

omgkitty

And you somehow think paying 200k would be a problem for us. Seeing as we just freed up around 150k this summer in wages alone and have much higher cash reserves?

Plus there's been plenty of reports saying we've agreed personal terms already. Don't see an issue here.

King_Moc

Banned

The rumours have all mentioned cash. I don't see Liverpool accepting anything else. Why would they?

Baki

Lol Wenger.

Sanchez is not enough. We need another world class player. Martinez or Vidal.

Only then will I begin to forgive Arsene.

TeddyBoy

Plus the £80m cash injection from Suarez, the extra £40/50m prem money this year and the champions league money. We've probably got around £150m more to play with them last season, though I expect the owners will finally take some.

We can probably afford a little more in wages but our wage structure is already at Champions League levels, I doubt we can afford too many more players than what we had last year (we did have two players per position, some of them just weren't good enough).

LFC's wage bill is already lower than Arsenal's as well.

Are you sure about this? - Thank you EmiPrime!

Jabo

Emre Kane

^^^ Yeah guess thats what happens when you do well but fail to get called up to your national team. :3

Baki

Im gunna be honest with you Bak.

Nobody gives a shit if you forgive Arsene.

Especially Arsene.

Guys. You know I'm right.

Wenger can only be redeemed with 2 WC signings. Otherwise he's been a totally failiure this transfer window.

Borderline irrelevant

Nobody limits their spending on the assumption that they won't get the transfer fee in full

If Barca buy Suarez for £80m, that's £80m we're getting, whether it's over 5 years or a 5 second bank transfer

"Nothing changes. He has two years left on his Chelsea contract and has an interest to continue there. Mourinho did not tell him that he would not count on him anymore," Kolar is quoted by Aktualne.

"We have not been given any signals that Petr would be made available [for transfer]. If that was the case, though, you have to realise that Petr is one of the world's top goalkeepers and has a certain salary. There are not many clubs who could afford to sign him.

"If he were to leave, we're discussing two or three clubs in the world. The situation has developed in a way, of course, but for now he is staying at Chelsea."

Kolar then revealed that he had been contacted by France's two premier clubs: "Paris Saint-Germain have shown interest and we have also communicated with Monaco."

He also admits he would make contact with other clubs, if Chelsea told him to find Cech a new club.

"I would get in touch with Zubizarreta (Barcelona) and people at Real Madrid. These are clubs we would consider if Chelsea wanted to get rid of Petr. We would also consider Bayern but they have Neuer there. Then there are leagues Petr would not go to. For instance, the Serie A, because clubs in that league have problems."

But Kolar admits that Cech is more than happy with life in England.

"Petr isn't 20 any more. His family are satisfied living in London. Petr is satisfied at Chelsea and there is interest in his services even after his active football career, so that they would want him to continue in some position at the club."

Cech is currently recovering from shoulder surgery, but Kolar says as it stands he will be heading back to Chelsea ready for pre-season.

"Petr is successfully continuing his recovery from his [shoulder] injury and everything is going according to the plan. He will be ready for the start of the pre-season preparation," he concluded.

Pulga, maybe you can get both Ramires and Cech? That will soften the hit of getting fucking Ramires, that you will finally have a world class keeper.

L1NETT

I want TLOU now !

Can't believe I ordered Thief....allthough it was rather cheap.

It's really not that bad

Doesn't hold a candle to the originals but still has some merits and I found it to be quite absorbing. Story is dribble and I don't know what they did to Garrett. Turned him into a stale Batman wannabe.

I'll judge whether or not this window was a success at the end of the season.

Stop being sensible

The kids need someone to fill up their stickerbooks

So weird how people seem to forget (or ignore?) that Arsenal is a rich club.

Two things really limited them spending similar money to the petro clubs. A) A massive wage bill due to the hilarious comedy characters on massive contracts who bloated out their squad for years. Would take forty minutes to name them. B) They had to pay for that shiny new stadium thing.

Wilbur

Banned
Just been offered a free Arcade Fire ticket.

Do I go and find Nathan and jump on his back? I think he's there.

I AM

I'm pissing right. Now

I'm seven beers down. Wild beasts are on but they played my two favourites already so I'm urinating

Jump on me and touch parts of me only my mother knows exists

Pennywise

It's really not that bad

Doesn't hold a candle to the originals but still has some merits and I found it to be quite absorbing. Story is dribble and I don't know what they did to Garrett. Turned him into a stale Batman wannabe.
Never played a single Thief game :)
Just suprised that this drought really set in now.

For 15€ it's more than okay though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom