• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Fuck did he? I just remember getting embarrassed by Chinese all-star teams, then using the excuse that they were in mid-season form and we weren't.

The pressing

The pressing against lower level teams

We should have known D:

Poor fitness is one thing, but my god the pressing was horrendous.

EmiPrime

2XmvGqW.png

It's too bad you can't buy class with all that money.

GQman2121

Banned
I'm looking forward to the post game interviews with Van Gaal. One bad result could give us something for the history books. I'm sure the English media is going to love him.

Slizz

Any of you guys going to see Arsenal when they come to New York?

Are they doing it in Yankee Stadium? If I lived there I'd go regardless, probably some prime seats available.

I'll be going to the Guinness International Champions Cup final again in Miami. Hope Madrid makes it to the final again, love seeing CR7 live. Would also like Manchester United make it to the final so I can finally see them live.

Barzul

Are they doing it in Yankee Stadium? If I lived there I'd go regardless, probably some prime seats available.

I'll be going to the Guinness International Champions Cup final again in Miami. Hope Madrid makes it to the final again, love seeing CR7 live. Would also like Manchester United make it to the final so I can finally see them live.

When is that, that might be more doable for me actually? I wish Arsenal were coming to one of the Southern states. And the game is at the NY Red Bull Arena.

scently

The pressing

The pressing against lower level teams

We should have known D:

Poor fitness is one thing, but my god the pressing was horrendous.

TBF this was also a problem during Fergie's twilight years. We are not a team used to being pressed and we don't know how to press. We don't have players that can handle pressing and press the opponent themselves. The games against Atl. Bil. being one of the prime example. Also, the game against Southampton in Fergie's last season. We were lucky to win that game.

This is one of the things I want LVG to inculcate into our football. Obviously that involves getting players who are technically gifted and suited to this. We have got Herrera, and if we can get the likes of DiMaria (he is very good at this), and Vidal (however unlikely as it might be), we can make some progress in this area.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
TBF this was also a problem during Fergie's twilight years. We are not a team used to being pressed and we don't know how to press. We don't have players that can handle pressing and press the opponent themselves. The games against Atl. Bil. being one of the prime example. Also, the game against Southampton in Fergie's last season. We were lucky to win that game.

This is one of the things I want LVG to inculcate into our football. Obviously that involves getting players who are technically gifted and suited to this. We have got Herrera, and if we can get the likes of DiMaria (he is very good at this), and Vidal (however unlikely as it might be), we can make some progress in this area.

Wellbeck can press!

Thats about it, a midfield of Carrick and Cleverly literally offers no threat to any competent premier league midfield.

This is the thing thats going to take the longest, its going to take a few summers before we build a team truly around LvG's style. Im patient, i have two hopes for next year.

a) Play some fucking attacking football
b) Get 4th.

Barzul

It's kind of nuts that Arsenal come to the US and only play one game. They really need to tap into the audience here. You'd think with guys like Gazidis and Tom Fox helming things and Kroenke as an owner, they'd be touring here on the regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom