• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nasri never bit someone, he just crushed millions of Arsenal fan's hearts (and was bit of a dick in France).

He's not alone in chosing a higher salary!

My point was that interviews like that are pr bullshit.

Nasri is a cunt and France national team are trying to get rid of their cunts. Good move to let him stay home.

Manager

My point was that interviews like that are pr bullshit.

I'm saying that he changed on the pitch, he used to be a lazy shit since day one but after Pellegrini arrived he's now one of the hardest working players on the pitch. Put off a lot of weight and helps out tonnes defensively.

It was just not a bunch of PR interviews, anyone who watched City last season knows he's one of the main reasons City won the league. Silva, Aguero was always fantastic, but with new Nasri they had the final fantastic midfielder City needed.

EmiPrime

I'm saying that he changed, last summer, had many deep interviews where he explained what he's went through and how his view on life is changed. I'm not saying I know his personality but at least he's much more comitted at City off and on the pitch. It will take years to get the French to change their opinion on him but I really think he's a better person now.

PR nonsense. He made his bed, now he has to lie in it.

People are criticising Deschamps for playing an obviously unfit Sakho (wasting a substitution), not starting with Giroud, persisting with Evra and taking Valbuena off when him and Griezmann were the only players making anything happen. Nasri is the furthest thing from anyone's mind right now.

Manager

PR nonsense. He made his bed, now he has to lie in it.

People are criticising Deschamps for playing an obviously unfit Sakho (wasting a substitution), not starting with Giroud, persisting with Evra and taking Valbuena off when him and Griezmann were the only players making anything happen. Nasri is the furthest thing from anyone's mind right now.

It's not PR nonsense, he's had the 2nd highest goals and assists of his career after several years of poor performances.

Thanks for the input though, always interesting to know. Evra was shit today, stopped running when he should've helped out defensively.

Neither was yours. Nationality of player doesn't matter, quality of player is what counts. Debuchy is steady, experienced and a solid purchase for 8m. If accurate.

Nationality matters when our manager employs lazing scouting. Basically if you are French /play in France you are his first choice.

Manager

Fernandinho got away with 15 fouls or something last match without a card, this is what he does. Such a nice man, referee's knows he's not doing it of malice.

Zabojnik

BrulhNQIEAElfi_.jpg

Meier

Fellaini had 8 fouls against the US and literally complained vocally after every single one and didn't get a yellow. Refs are keeping cards in their pocket unless it looks like a potentially harmful foul.

EmiPrime

It's not PR nonsense, he's had the 2nd highest goals and assists of his career after several years of poor performances.

Thanks for the input though, always interesting to know. Evra was shit today, stopped running when he should've helped out defensively.

I am not denying that Nasri is a very good player but the harmony of the group must come first.

Valbuena was arguably our best player of the tournament and there is no way he would have been as good as he was with Nasri and Ribery around.

I'm saying that he changed on the pitch, he used to be a lazy shit since day one but after Pellegrini arrived he's now one of the hardest working players on the pitch. Put off a lot of weight and helps out tonnes defensively.

It was just not a bunch of PR interviews, anyone who watched City last season knows he's one of the main reasons City won the league. Silva, Aguero was always fantastic, but with new Nasri they had the final fantastic midfielder City needed.

I have my doubts that working harder on the pitch, makes him less of a cunt in the dressing room, he got more than enough qualities to be in the squad if that was the merit alone he was going to be picked on (Deschamps was out saying that himself). However he has shown himself to be a cunt enough times, and Deschamps is having none of that.

On a national team as full of cunts as France's has been, it's probably for the better to leave all of them out for good now. Get a clean start.

Lightning

Banned

You can understand why France didn't want to chance the dice on him though? It's not his on the pitch performances that were the issue it was the baggage and disruption to the harmony to the squad he has a reputation of causing that was the issue.

Manager

Fellaini had 8 fouls against the US and literally complained vocally after every single one and didn't get a yellow. Refs are keeping cards in their pocket unless it looks like a potentially harmful foul.

Been a lot of talk on my country's broadcasts that the refere's has gotten instructions to keep the cards in their pockets, specially with people "pushing" each other and heavy arguments. Just calming it all down and continue playing.

Bookings for persistent fouling need to become more common

Also, Marcelo escaped a booking for grabbing hold of someone's leg and dragging them down, when he would have been booked if it had been his shirt

FIFA need to look at some of the finer details of the rulebook

Manager

I am not denying that Nasri is a very good player but the harmony of the group must come first.

Valbuena was arguably our best player of the tournament and there is no way he would have been as good as he was with Nasri and Ribery around.

I'm not saying he should've started, but he would've been a fantastic asset to put on as a sub.

You can understand why France didn't want to chance the dice on him though? It's not his on the pitch performances that were the issue it was the baggage and disruption to the harmony to the squad he has a reputation of causing that was the issue.

I know, I just feel he did everything he could to show that he's a changed man. Why did Deschamps put him back in the squad against for example Ukraine just before the world cup, only to remove him in the final squad? If he was such a dick, why didn't he just keep him out at all times?

Some rumours that Koscielny and some other guys said they wanted him out, that it was personal in the end.

Plasma

Banned
Trying not to go into full transfer muppet mode but Kike Marin just said that Suarez is going to Barca for 80m and Alexis is off to Arsenal.

GOAT in the studio

vAwlX0g.jpg

I know, I just feel he did everything he could to show that he's a changed man. Why did Deschamps put him back in the squad against for example Ukraine just before the world cup, only to remove him in the final squad? If he was such a dick, why didn't he just keep him out at all times?

Maybe he realized he was still the same fucking cunt as always, despite trying his best in interviews to state otherwise.

EmiPrime

I'm not saying he should've started, but he would've been a fantastic asset to put on as a sub.

Some rumours that Koscielny and some other guys said they wanted him out, that it was personal in the end.

You're missing the point, it's not his position in the team or whether he starts. Deschamps didn't want him anywhere near the group. They spend a lot more time together in hotels, planes, coaches and training pitches than they do in actual matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom