• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

Javi Garcia it is.

Hmm, rules need tightening massively.

Starting to hate the premier league, just a charade.

You're right that Javi Garcia isn't good enough, problem is that then City would have to rely on Rodwell being backup to Yaya. He can't be relied on. Barkley would fix that but there's just some lose rumours right now.

Arnie

Looks like it's because Arsenal and juventus for Sanchez. Congrats on your player Juve.
Aye, and once he declares his team the Suarez deal will go through.

Just want him to make his mind up because I want to see Suarez gone and focus on those coming in.

Really hope we grab Markovic, he looks a player.

Clegg

The way this competition has gone Holland will line up with theoretically their best formation, the one their entire nation has begged them to play, and promptly get done by Costa Rica.

Arnie

I still think there's a pretty fair chance Sanchez ends up at Liverpool.
The only hope we've got is that we're talking to his representatives and he hasn't said "no".

Saying that he's on holiday and also talking to everyone else's representatives.

I'm less optmistic we'll get him now I know Barca are happy to pay the "full amount", even if they brief their local television bods to position it like they've driven a hard bargain.

The only hope we've got is that we're talking to his representatives and he hasn't said "no".

Saying that he's on holiday and also talking to everyone else's representatives.

I'm less optmistic we'll get him now I know Barca are happy to pay the "full amount", even if they brief their local television bods to position it like they've driven a hard bargain.

according to Sky yesterday, Sanchez hasnt made his preference known

The way this competition has gone Holland will line up with theoretically their best formation, the one their entire nation has begged them to play, and promptly get done by Costa Rica.
Holland will have too much quality for them, lethal in the final third which is something Costa Rica are yet to face.

Want LvG to go and win it now. Only a week to the final so makes no difference to us now. Although I'd still be happy if Brazil/Messi won it. Might prefer it tbh.

Nothing solid has been reported though. You get the sense from the stories that Liverpool don't feel too confident about it right now - but I dunno. As you say it's not a no is it. I'm still not convinced how Barca are going to pony up the £75m or whatever it is.

There will be a push for Sanchez to go to Liverpool. Now - that might actually go against it happening because I doubt he wants to be forced into it or whatever, but yeah, there has been very little reported on what he wants to do that I'd trust.

Clegg

Holland will have too much quality for them, lethal in the final third which is something Costa Rica are yet to face.

Want LvG to go and win it now. Only a week to the final so makes no difference to us now. Although I'd still be happy if Brazil/Messi won it. Might prefer it tbh.

Nothing solid has been reported though. You get the sense from the stories that Liverpool don't feel too confident about it right now - but I dunno. As you say it's not a no is it. I'm still not convinced how Barca are going to pony up the £75m or whatever it is.

There will be a push for Sanchez to go to Liverpool. Now - that might actually go against it happening because I doubt he wants to be forced into it or whatever, but yeah, there has been very little reported on what he wants to do that I'd trust.
I expect the Dutch to go through. They've been pretty solid for the most part, and when theyve started to wobble a bit LvG has been shrewd enough to make a sub or change formation.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We would die. Our country might implode. But seriously, it would be amazing for us.

Regardless, I'm happy with the results we've already had.

FORZA COSTA RICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

LETS FUCKING DO THI....
tumblr_n86wki3sgl1r30r4xo2_500.png

FootballFan

It was an awful challenge. There was a case for a red card IMO. Not sure why people were laughing and joking about it so much - looked very painful.

Just go back and read the wc thread lol.

Nearly every single post initially says he is diving.

Replay shows him getting kneed in the back, people still saying dive.

Neymar stretchered off, still people saying dive and just wasting time.

Ridiculous how jealous some people are. Like, it seriously crazy and pathetic at the same time,

Clegg

:lol

Transparency shield at 24%.
Not posting with any agenda here.

From a managerial standpoint he has been pretty impressive. Although you could argue that got his initial tactics wrong in certain games which then required a shift to occur.

Mastadon

Banned
All Spanish press saying £60 mill and English press saying Liverpool won't budge from £75 mill. One can only assume that they're not as close to an agreement as they're feeding to their respective press people.

Surely just posturing from Barça? There's no way we would conceed £15m from our valuation after only two days of negotiation. The reliable Liverpool sources all seem to agree that Barça will cough up.

Arnie

Not posting with any agenda here.

From a managerial standpoint he has been pretty impressive. Although you could argue that got his initial tactics wrong in certain games.
It was just the United optimism disguised as an innocuous World Cup post. Made me giggle.

Don't really think you can glean much from the World Cup in regards to LVG. Job so wildly different in terms of expectation, pressure, working environment and competition that things could change massively.

Still think fear factor is the main thing United had and I don't think LVG is bringing it back.

Surely just posturing from Barça? There's no way we would conceed £15m from our valuation after only two days of negotiation. The reliable Liverpool sources all seem to agree that Barça will cough up.

Seems like posturing from both sides. Unless you think Liverpool can afford to a) prolong this negotiation and b) deal with the possibility of keeping him.

Barzul

Looks like Debuchy is done pending official announcement. Newcastle seem to have awarded his squad number to someone else.

Mastadon

Banned
Seems like posturing from both sides. Unless you think Liverpool can afford to a) prolong this negotiation and b) deal with the possibility of keeping him.

No I don't think we are prepared to take him back now, but it seems an awful lot of money to give up on so quickly. I'm not sure why we'd agree an unfavorable fee before Sanchez has decided where he wants to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom