• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

jOuPcDCRti52s.png

that's not how you do business m8

Arnie

The stage is set for Neymar to rise from the dead and turn the game in the final.

An entire nation behind a single young man.

Nay, he is not a man, he is a god.

Wilbur

Banned
If I was Arsenal I'd much rather spend 30m on Coleman than 10m on Debuchy. Might be because they have a few youngsters lined up, but Coleman is brilliant.

And Neymar... fuck that's shitty luck. Terrible challenge on him. Don't see Brazil winning it without him to be honest, and I'm not a jtb who has said they're gonna lose every match and haven't. With him and Thiago out, that's a big big task. Need dat ref help.

Wilbur

Banned
While I like that refs aren't throwing out yellow cards like candy this WC, that game was a good example of how that can go wrong for both teams.

Fernandinho avoiding a yellow was fucking madness.

God I smell so bad. I just smell like stale beer and sweat. Can't wait to get home and lie naked in my bed

Barzul

If I was Arsenal I'd much rather spend 30m on Coleman than 10m on Debuchy. Might be because they have a few youngsters lined up, but Coleman is brilliant.

And Neymar... fuck that's shitty luck. Terrible challenge on him. Don't see Brazil winning it without him to be honest, and I'm not a jtb who has said they're gonna lose every match and haven't. With him and Thiago out, that's a big big task. Need dat ref help.

I'd rather we got Coleman too. And I don't think he'll cost 30m. He's not English.

Mike Keegan ‏@mikekeeganbbc 46s

Vermaelen on the radar + unnamed centre mid. New man happy with attacking options. That's all #mufc

Seems like United might only get 2 more players. Or that's what they're briefing to the press anyways.

That's it for Brazil. Neymar wasn't at his best today or against Chile but he's their talisman. Depend so hugely on him and they all clearly believe he can win it for them.

And more importantly, he was carrying all the pressure.

L1NETT

I'd rather we got Coleman too. And I don't think he'll cost 30m. He's not English.

He's on a long term deal, just won tons of awards and had a cracking season

Would have taken a helluva deal to get him out of there, 25m at least

---

Vermalen might be the oddest signing if that goes through

The reverse Silvestre

Why? Is it an Ajax thing

Arnie

I had this very discussion with two friends last night.

I fucking firmly, devoutly, unequivocally believe that Coleman can't be bought for less than £30 million.

He was the best right back in the premier league last season. He's one of Everton's best players. He's still got room to grow.

My mates thought he would go for less. I think they're living in cuckoo land. And anyone here who thinks Everton are just going to bend over.

Wilbur

Banned
That's it for Brazil. Neymar wasn't at his best today or against Chile but he's their talisman. Depend so hugely on him and they all clearly believe he can win it for them.

And more importantly, he was carrying all the pressure.

Yep. Even if they beat Germany, I think the final might be a step too far, mentally.

Barzul

He's on a long term deal, just won tons of awards and had a cracking season

Would have taken a helluva wage to get him out of there, 25m at least
Oh yeah forgot about that new deal he signed. Wenger was never going to spend a lot on a fullback anyways.

Wilbur

Banned
Oh yeah forgot about that new deal he signed. Wenger was never going to spend a lot on a fullback anyways.

Think this fullback stuff is a bit mad. Someone on my FB was ranting that we have spent so much on a left back, as if it just doesn't matter in modern football

I don't get the point of Vermaelen. Shouldn't we be looking at someone above his level?

I think so, but I'm choosing to trust LVG for now

I don't get the point of Vermaelen. Shouldn't we be looking at someone above his level?

There's a cult developing amongst United fans who are backing the Vermaelen signing because it means Jones, Evans and Smallings still get to grow and develop whereas signing, for example Hummels, would shatter those dreams.

Jokers.

Arnie

Vermaelen is as tragically average as Debuchy and well below the level of quality expected at a club like United.

LVG's basically after him because he's flemish.

Again, lazy scouting.

Not arsed if United want to replace a figure like Vidic with him, though. Not much worse than replacing Scholes with ClevDOG and Keane with Fellaineh.

Clegg

Seems like United might only get 2 more players. Or that's what they're briefing to the press anyways.
Def wouldn't trust what United brief to the press.

But that number of new signings is what the more informed journos are saying too. They're saying cb and cm too.

Vermaelen tho :/

jtb

Banned
I don't get the Kroos to Madrid transfer. where does Kroos play? at the base of a midfield 3? Isco to the wing? dropped? confused.

edit: also Debuchy is fucking garbage, if we're pissing away 10m on him, we could easily have just handed Sagna a new megacontract

Wilbur

Banned
I don't get the Kroos to Madrid transfer. where does Kroos play? at the base of a midfield 3? Isco to the wing? dropped? confused.

Isco will take over Casillas in goal /Pulga

Lopez; Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo; Modric, Kroos, Di Maria; Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo

Debuchy is a better signing than Vermaelen.

Shaw is a big step in the right direction but United are still going to struggle at the back if they are the two to sort the mess out

Scum

There's a cult developing amongst United fans who are backing the Vermaelen signing because it means Jones, Evans and Smallings still get to grow and develop whereas signing, for example Hummels, would shatter those dreams.

Jokers.

Probably Wilbur innit.

Benatia was the best centre back in Yurop last year. woody pls look better

He's off to Barca when FF crashes through the front doors and demand that Zubi signed him up.

Elchele

edit: also Debuchy is fucking garbage, if we're pissing away 10m on him, we could easily have just handed Sagna a new megacontract

he's going to replace Di Maria innit

Isco will take over Casillas in goal /Pulga

Lopez; Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo; Modric, Kroos, Di Maria; Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo

That sounds like the lineup an english kid would use in FIFA
only Pep would play with 3 attacking midfielders in the middle

Barzul

Think this fullback stuff is a bit mad. Someone on my FB was ranting that we have spent so much on a left back, as if it just doesn't matter in modern football
Man United are really the only club in recent memory to have spent that much on one, besides Barca and Alves, I can't think of anyone else spending that much.

Benatia was the best centre back in Yurop last year. woody pls look better

Benatia to city was in the works for a long time.

This no Europe football is hurting us bad at certain things.

Our goal next season has to be to qualify for Europe. Fuck winning a trophy, need to get CL football.

Def wouldn't trust what United brief to the press.

But that number of new signings is what the more informed journos are saying too. They're saying cb and cm too.

Vermaelen tho :/

Still think we need a winger in addition. If not Gahl better work some serious magic with out current ones cus they've been fucking shite for 2 seasons straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom