• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
one mango a day?

I was planning to buy one per month. but at $3 each? nope.

Mangoes are overrated anyway. Too much of a hassle to eat and you'll make a fucking mess

drink your new gf's natural juices, it's healthier.

edit: I REALLY shouldn't post on GAF while drunk

Wilbur

Banned
Really good game, that.

- James was class again. So dangerous in close quarters, can just skip away from you in the blink of an eye

- Luiz has been brilliant at this World Cup. Dunno if he'll revert to erratic form when it's finished, but he and Silva complement each other well

- Cuadrado was bad which is a shame because he's capable of so much more. Rushed things far too much

- Fernandinho was fouling all night, lool. They're lucky that Gustavo comes back when Silva goes out, they need him. Paulinho poor again

- Hopefully Neymar's fit; can't see them beating Germany with him AND Silva out

- Re: some Arsenal stuff from earlier in the thread. Sorry to sound like a Premface cunt, but those that don't rate Schneiderlin just don't watch him enough. Absolute class. Anything around 20m would be a really good price. Should have played today I think instead of Matuidi.

It was just the United optimism disguised as an innocuous World Cup post. Made me giggle.

Don't really think you can glean much from the World Cup in regards to LVG. Job so wildly different in terms of expectation, pressure, working environment and competition that things could change massively.

Still think fear factor is the main thing United had and I don't think LVG is bringing it back.

Fear factor comes with being a good team.

I don't think it was so intrinsically linked with Ferguson. Obviously Ferguson and his reign was very unique - but not sure it was the main thing. Just a by product of having a good team.

Although suppose many people do think it wasn't a good team for long stretches, just other teams caved to it. Of course - I'd disagree.

Hixx

I was posting sound bits of that in whatsapp some time ago. It's so great hahaha, the acting before the actual fucking, i just want a movie like that

"i love old cock"
"that's good... just don't... suck... your daddy's"

not laughed as hard at something since Karl Pilkington's story on his date with a girl with bone marrow cancer.

EmiPrime

- Re: some Arsenal stuff from earlier in the thread. Sorry to sound like a Premface cunt, but those that don't rate Schneiderlin just don't watch him enough. Absolute class. Anything around 20m would be a really good price. Should have played today I think instead of Matuidi.

Agreed. He's only 24 too, will only get better.

It was just the United optimism disguised as an innocuous World Cup post. Made me giggle.

Don't really think you can glean much from the World Cup in regards to LVG. Job so wildly different in terms of expectation, pressure, working environment and competition that things could change massively.

Still think fear factor is the main thing United had and I don't think LVG is bringing it back.

Fear factor alone was not responsible for Fergie winning the PL with the team he did last time around. Moyes was out if his depth Tactically and by all accounts most players were not fan of his training either. Apart from Rooney, Moyes seemed to think if he got Rooney's future sorted out he won't need anything else.

A stark example is, Moyes keeping RVP on when he was not 100% fit while LVG taking him off to switch to a different game plan.

Moyes never had a plan B. Hell, he didn't even have a Plan A. His idea was throw together a team and it will work out.

Arnie

Aye, Debuchy's pants.

Fucking baffling why they bought him. Probably just because he's French.

Lazy, lazy scouting. Newcastle-esque.

Elchele

Debuchy is ok. fullbacks are very difficult to find anyway, he will look better in a team with proper coaching like Arsenal.

Now it's time for Bayern to sign Di Maria

Debuchy is going to be 29 in a couple of weeks. Arsenal won't get much out of him - he's not great as it is.

Assume Wenger is going to hold on for someone else or hope one of his kids can step up. Will be significantly weaker at RB.

L1NETT

Debuchy is fine. Adequate. Competent. Average. 6/10. The Killzone of right backs

Massive step down from Sagna and I reckon Clyne/Coleman would have been far better albeit more expensive signings. Dunno what Debuchy's wages are like

If the beach-goer is gonna spend the wages on someone else kinda makes sense

Valbuena's buyout clause is £4-5.5m.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Valbuena-se-rapproche-de-valence/480023

Bargain for whoever gets him.

If he was that good he wouldn't be at Marsielle for all these years

I'm only like 5"9 myself but he really is just too small. Unless he has a minder I can see why nobody took a chance.

Arnie

Who did you have that little spat with about Newcastle going all French?

Can't remember, some fucking dullard.

I was so right it's embarrassing.

Tony Barrett's latest piece went up 15 minutes ago, focused on Southampton rejecting our £20 million offer for Lovren. They want £25 million. Here's the excerpt on Suarez:

Talks between Liverpool and Barcelona over the transfer of Luis Suárez to the Nou Camp are continuing. Negotiations have intensified since Suárez bit Giorgio Chiellini, the Italy defender, in Uruguay’s final group game of the World Cup, although it is believed that a deal worth £80 million, including Alexis Sánchez, is not imminent.

Barzul

Debuchy is fine. Adequate. Competent. Average. 6/10. The Killzone of right backs

Massive step down from Sagna and I reckon Clyne/Coleman would have been far better albeit more expensive signings. Dunno what Debuchy's wages are like

If the beach-goer is gonna spend the wages on someone else kinda makes sense

If he was that good he wouldn't be at Marsielle for all these years

I'm only like 5"9 myself but he really is just too small. Unless he has a minder I can see why nobody took a chance.

I think he's waiting for Bellerin and Jenkinson to mature a bit. And Debuchy is simply stop gap.

If Neymar misses the rest of it then its time for my boy Willian to step in.

Time for Big Phil to put Willy on the right, Oscar behind someone that isn't Fred and hell go for it put Ramigod on the left, dat Chelsea 3 behind the striker, gonna rip Germany a new one.

L1NETT

Feel bad for Neymar man. Chat shite about him all you want but 22, World Cup in your home country, poster boy for the nation, semi final coming up and.....injured

Can't imagine it. Poor kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom