• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

This official has a history of dubious calls, I really dislike him. Don't be surprised if Brazil ar gifted something

Hixx

Muller has the knack of being at the right place at the right time

murphy-423367.jpg

Feorax

England's big problem is that everything is done based on how the players play in the league. That's why you get Gerrard there, because he did so at Liverpool.

Instead of thinking about how the National team should gel and play.

Sort of, but Gerrard did it in a midfield 3, because that shielded his weaknesses. We only played like England with a Hendo - Gerrard midfield once, and that was the draw against Villa. It was never repeated because it was a shit idea.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Seeing Oscar waste so many balls, hes much better than this

England's big problem is that everything is done based on how the players play in the league. That's why you get Gerrard there, because he did so at Liverpool.

Instead of thinking about how the National team should gel and play.

Agree completely

Said it before but it was literally as though he watched MotD, saw Gerrard was playing DM and decided to do the same, even though Liverpool's entire team is basically tailored to try and prevent Gerrard from actually being the stuck as the sole protector in front of the back 4.

We were never going to get away with playing him there in that setup, with only Henderson supporting him. His passing and decision-making was shite as well tbf, which I can't fault Hodgson for, unfortunately :p

Marc

Not taking Barry was ludicrous at the time, and even worse in hindsight. Was clear after the Italy game that Gerrard wasn't up to the task of shielding the back 4, and who was there to come into the team and play the role? Nobody, that's who.

Don't know if I've said it before, but Hodgson, you're a right cunt.

MULLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

MIA SAN MIA

BRAZIL'S DEFENSE

MERELY MIA

I said it before a ball was kicked, Henderson and Gerrard as the midfield is too dumb for this level but hoped to be wrong. I don't think Barry was the answer though, he was exposed in the last world cup just as much. Might be more patient at least and less of a headless chicken but I doubt it.

Do you think Rodgers will have seen it and got worried about the champions league? Gone quiet on Shaqiri, think he is someone you need this coming season.

Any other midfielders on Liverpool's radar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom