• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on my way to a shift at Odeon when that happened. Listened to it on the radio, utter madness.

Speaking of Arsenal I said it before and I'll say it again: sensational signing. Surely they're on the right track if they carry on in that direction.

I was on a flight during the game.
Still a little pissed they scored 2, tbh.

Soo glad that Luiz decided to have this type of performance after we sold him to PSG, probably would've knocked a good few million off his value.

Luiz on quite a few of the goals is either not on the screen or walking around like he's taking a stroll in the park. Yikes. Brazil broken in half.

Germany, 1-0: http://gfycat.com/BeneficialMixedCardinal
Germany, 2-0: http://gfycat.com/PrestigiousThankfulGoa
Germany, 3-0: http://gfycat.com/AromaticGleefulJapanesebeetle
Germany, 4-0: http://gfycat.com/BrightAccurateEgret
Germany, 5-0: http://gfycat.com/ShorttermEarnestGreyhounddog

Fernandinho sure didn't look good on second and third either lol... and had a good block of Luiz at the first. What defending, it's great, hope Marcelo stays on.

Zabojnik

BsDNKTxIEAAWlRB.jpg

Who's next?

Blablurn.

TeddyBoy

I'll go through the thread later on but I'm loving this, Brazil are a rank average side without Silva and Neymar with very nieve tactics today. Congrats on reaching the final Germany!

Wilbur

Banned
I was on my way to a shift at Odeon when that happened. Listened to it on the radio, utter madness.

Speaking of Arsenal I said it before and I'll say it again: sensational signing. Surely they're on the right track if they carry on in that direction.

I was at Reading festival, and they read out the scores. They said Arsenal 2, and I was like "no fucking way we've scored 3 lol"

wedward

I really can't fucking wait for this season now.

Was a bit worried at the start of the summer, but this has calmed my nerves.

Hopefully this puts to bed the notion that Wenger didn't want to spend.

Arnie

Markovic is done.

£19.8 million according to the Mirror.

Nice signing but he's a top prospect, not a top player (such as Sanchez). Would like the latter with the Suarez money. Someone to give everyone a lift.

I really can't fucking wait for this season now.

Was a bit worried at the start of the summer, but this has calmed my nerves.

Hopefully this puts to bed the notion that Wenger didn't want to spend.

We need a new RB, a DM, and two new CBs. Sanchez should not be a priority.

dc89

You'd be forgiven if you thought you were watching one of the recent Manchester Derbies. Brazil have been pummelled.

Marc

Robbie Savage: "Funny thing is Brazil would still hammer England."

Its bloody true as well.

*cries*

These Luiz elbows, he is such an utter cunt.

Submarino Conversível;120076210 said:
Because Scolari is a fucking idiot.

Commiserations mate.

Now its 0-5, any changes he makes can't do anything, it is way too late.

These total shit BBC adverts during halftimes, fuck off.

I've seen that midfield boss teams plenty of times this season. The fact that we press very well is evidence of our midfield working as a unit and not individuals.

I feel like there has been a bit of revisionism going on regarding Gerrard's performance this season past. He's had a phenomenal season and been excellent for 90% of it. Yet a slip in one game and Woy seems to have complete re-written his performances for the rest of the season.

Which teams? Which midfielders? The premier leagues midfield quality was utter shite last season, all around. You didn't really boss midfields for me, at your best you were counter attacking.

He really didn't, he was a DM who got exposed time and again. Your defence was awful and the DM has to take a chunk of responsibility for that. How he got in the team of the season was the usual crap from the media wanking themselves silly over him. He had some sensational passes, but overall distribution, use of the ball, positioning... nah. And I said this at the time in the threads too, I am not altering my opinion based on a slip or Woy. I had it before a ball was played.

I hate Woy, he is a complete dinosaur but in terms of setting up the team, there wasn't the complete fuck up's to hinder the team as there have been previously. Certainly in midfield they were given the faith and trust to do well. He fucked around with the forward line more than anything. I don't think they had the excuse or room to pass the blame on like other players had. Especially as captain who pretty much does whatever he wants anyway.

wedward

We need a new RB, a DM, and two new CBs. Sanchez should not be a priority.

We just signed a new RB.

Every report says we are after a CB and a DM.

Barca needed to sell Sanchez in order to buy Suarez so they wanted to sell quickly.

Truly incredible how hard to please you are. If we signed a DM you would have said not a priority we need a goal scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom