• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

That's a shite way to do the trophy presentation. Already lifted and mauled by three dignitaries before Lahm gets it.

Trophy presentations should be the easiest thing to do, but football has found a way to fuck that up too. This wank about walking up the steps and celebrating on a little plinth has to be stopped too. Just go back to the on pitch celebration.

inky

All the greats win World Cups Pele, Maradona, Zidane, Ronaldo, Totti

While the pretenders go home with nothing. Cruyff, Baggio, Messi

I like how you include Baggio there just to not look so biased. Nice touch.

Come on son. They were all greats. Messi is great, Ronaldo is great... Winning a WC is extremely hard and Germany was just a better team all tournament.

Barzul

Platini just asked Ozil for his shirt! #Invisible

BsdOUFSIEAAtXeg.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
He never became a true GOAT and is now already on his way to coke addiction and cheating with strippers around the world. He's like footballs world Amy Winehouse, except Amy had more talent.

I went to a jazz bar in London last year and there was pictures of her everywhere, and the owner knew her. And he started talking about her to my mate who speaks Arabic and was crying

Was awkward

Randdalf

Germany's population is only 133% of our's

What the fuck is our FA doing?

and don't say 'FA'

We need to completely rebuild our mentality, our grassroots, our training methods, our playing style and our ambitions to even have a hope of getting a team this good. We should apply Sir Dave Brailsford's philoshopy of marginal gains. Improve everything, from top to bottom, no matter how big or small. We applied it to cycling, I see no reason why the FA can't apply it to football other than base incompetence.

King_Moc

Banned
This "all the greats win a world cup" attitude makes no sense to me. You can't beat a team by yourself. What happens if you're from Wales, like Bale, or Northern Ireland, like Best? Everyone outside of Argentina's defence wasn't helping Messi at all. The other strikers were dire.

Carbonox

Will sports sites now stock updated Germany jerseys with the 4th star and Gotze on the back? Cos I'll buy it. By heck I'll look like a cunt but I'll buy it.

wedward

Hopefully Ozil gets a nice break now and enjoys the rest of his summer banging hot german girls on the beach.

His two biggest issues have been getting used to the pace of the premier league and confidence. Hopefully he will be used to the pace in his second season and winning the world cup should be a confidence boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom