• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Debuchy, Manquillo and Ospina all in one week.

O my.

Sanchez.

Khedira.

O.

MY.

Im sure i speak for everyone even the clubs that will suffer when I say that the Premiership was always at its best when it was United v Arsenal, may those days return.

omgkitty

Is it crazy that I actually think Arsenal still have one big signing left in them this summer? I'm talking besides the connections of Khedira, Ospina, Debuchy etc. I think we're gonna get someone like Griezmann, di Maria, Cavani....

Scum

Di Maria to Arsenal, innit.

Paulinho of course. For the low, low price of £20m you can buy a wonderful Brazilian midfielder who combines the dynamism and sense of adventure of Denilson with the masterful game intelligence of Jermaine Jenas.

To get yours now call 555-MIDFIELDFRED and have your card details ready.

Loooooool

LNBL

Hopefully Ospina has a decent looking WAG we need more of those to win the WAG awards

screen-shot-2014-07-03-at-12-41-44-pm.png

Meier

I meant it because your club was playing third tier football 15 years ago.

Yeah, I know what you were referencing. I'm telling you that my comment had nothing to do with the club I support.

Again, it's totally fine by me if England continue to go down the same path -- it has no affect on me whatsoever. Man City will continue to do well regardless of whether there is a B team for our kids to develop at. We'll send a few youngsters over to NYCFC and they'll get a chance to develop in a system that is similar to what a B team can offer.

But England's national team is not improving and looks nowhere near challenging for a trophy of any kind. 1 major trophy in the entire history of the team says to me that they desperately need to do something different. If you want to suggest that the B team infrastructure isn't helping the development of the players in other countries, then feel free to continue to believe that. It doesn't really gel with reality though.

You clowns continue talking about maybe signing players, Pards is getting it done.

Two weeks in, we have Colback, Cabella, De Jong and Perez through the door. Janmaat tomorrow, Riviere, hopefully , by the end of the week and more to come.

Oh and Cisse has nearly recovered. Like a knew signing.

Abraxas

Is it crazy that I actually think Arsenal still have one big signing left in them this summer? I'm talking besides the connections of Khedira, Ospina, Debuchy etc. I think we're gonna get someone like Griezmann, di Maria, Cavani....

I'd lose my shit if we got Greizmann, but I find his signing sadly unlikely now we have Sanchez. Perhaps Wenger is looking for a ridiculous front line:

Greizmann----Alexis----Walcott

Imagine those three linking, running at defence's, and swapping positions.

I really expected the Draxler thing to return this summer. Seems like he is dead to us now.

omgkitty

I'd lose my shit if we got Greizmann, but I find his signing sadly unlikely now we have Sanchez. Perhaps Wenger is looking for a ridiculous front line:

Greizmann----Alexis----Walcott

Imagine those three linking, running at defence's, and swapping positions.

I really expected the Draxler thing to return this summer. Seems like he is dead to us now.

Yeah it's kind of sad. I really wanted to see him turn into a striker. Maybe we'll go back next year, but I feel like that deal is dead like you said.

Jarnet87

I don't think Chelsea need him.

Real's price is ruling out a number of destinations for him.

Like that has stopped Chelsea before. Plus wasn't Hazard thinking about a move to PSG or did he say he is staying at Chelsea. If he's turned down United I think City and Chelsea are the two teams willing to pay that heavy a price tag. Of course Madrid could lower the asking price as the transfer window approaches.

Like that has stopped Chelsea before. Plus wasn't Hazard thinking about a move to PSG or did he say he is staying at Chelsea. If he's turned down United I think City and Chelsea are the two teams willing to pay that heavy a price tag. Of course Madrid could lower the asking price as the transfer window approaches.

Hazard said he was fine at Chelsea, but also when he leaves he will go to a club with ambition and prospects of being at the top of world football which isn't PSG, he'll go Real and he'll be happy with it and we'll get a massive fucking payday out of it.

omgkitty

I must say with all of Arsenal's new found wealth, the best part is that we're actually getting shit done. No more haggling on prices and finding bargains. We find a player we want and we buy them. I think shit got left so late in the past because Arsene had his targets and he would try to negotiate, and could never agree on a price so we would just move from player to player. He'd always say he was looking for class, and that was always hampered by the amount of money we could spend. Now we can buy class without waiting for a fire sale.

Carbonox

You clowns continue talking about maybe signing players, Pards is getting it done.

Two weeks in, we have Colback, Cabella, De Jong and Perez through the door. Janmaat tomorrow, Riviere, hopefully , by the end of the week and more to come.

Oh and Cisse has nearly recovered. Like a knew signing.

I hope during the injury Cisse isolated himself in the jungles of Borneo, acquired a bandana, and lived a lone wolf lifestyle rehabilitating himself and eating crocodiles. He'll return as the Senegalese Rambo. His #yolo shooting policy will return with a sniper vengeance.

he will score 1 goal in 34.

Walshy

If that happens, I gladly welcome the 100m+ transfer fee.
Well, seen as Madrid and Barcelona seem to think it's their divine right to sign every player and for some strange reason some players agree with them that it is.

You'll easily get £100m if he has a similar season to what Bale or Suarez had before they got their moves. Hazard will only be 24 too, so I could Chelsea getting it.

Well, seen as Madrid and Barcelona seem to think it's their divine right to sign every player and for some strange reason some players agree with them that it is.

You'll easily get £100m if he has a similar season to what Bale or Suarez had before they got their moves. Hazard will only be 24 too, so I could Chelsea getting it.

When he leaves depends on two things: trophies and Jose. If Jose sticks around (which for now I think he will) then I can see Hazard wanting to work and learn from him and if we're winning the trophies he wants (premier league and/or champions league) then again I think he will stay especially considering his age

He won't remain with us forever but when he leaves, it will smash the transfer record because we won't and don't need the money.

I can see him signing a new contract (like supposedly a few others like Azpilicueta and Cahill) to boost his wages to a bit more soon not that it will mean much. I do wonder how Real's pursuit - if they are - of James Rodriguez affects this though, I don't see Hazard at Barcelona personally

Jan Oblak's transfer from Benfica to Atletico Madrid has caused a Benfica to quickly look for a new keeper...

Italian media reports that Benfica may settle for Julio Cesar (yes that's Brazil's Julio Cesar) LOL

oh well. Portuguese Liga is a farm league. Build up a good keeper, then see him scoot off to Spanish Liga. LOL

http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Nacional/1a_liga/Benfica/interior.aspx?content_id=894553

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/calcio-internazionale/benfica-molto-vicino-larrivo-di-julio-cesar/

First Chelsea game in two days :D

When he leaves depends on two things: trophies and Jose. If Jose sticks around (which for now I think he will) then I can see Hazard wanting to work and learn from him and if we're winning the trophies he wants (premier league and/or champions league) then again I think he will stay especially considering his age

He won't remain with us forever but when he leaves, it will smash the transfer record because we won't and don't need the money.

I can see him signing a new contract (like supposedly a few others like Azpilicueta and Cahill) to boost his wages to a bit more soon not that it will mean much. I do wonder how Real's pursuit - if they are - of James Rodriguez affects this though, I don't see Hazard at Barcelona personally

I agree with this. Hazard will leave when Zidane becomes RM manager and he will smash the world record fee.

Marc

I'm sorry, but it really just feels like leaning on nostalgia to suggest that the B team system would not help England's young players improve. It is not a coincidence that Germany, Spain, France, Portugal and others use this system and their young players develop better and appear further along at a young age. With Italy going away from co-ownership, I wonder if they'll look into doing it as an alternative.

I know I'm happy that Julian Green got a good number of games for Bayern II. I'm certain his staying around the club and getting the chance to play fairly competitive games went a long way in his development.

I disagree completely.

England has a huge advantage over every other nation in having such a competitive structure with huge support under the premier league. We should use that to our advantage, not dismantle it or undermine it.

All we need/should do is enforce a homegrown quota in each division. From League 1 and below you are only allowed to field British players. In the championship it is at least 7 British players fielded or there abouts and in the premier league maybe somewhere around 5 British players. Allow for a 5-8 phasing out period, with exceptions in rare cases where mitigating circumstances exists. Suddenly you have hundreds of players getting first team football in pressured circumstances, the value of English players is brought down to more affordable levels. Hopefully the market is flooded and players move abroad to get an advantage.

I would also do things like have all youth teams dismantled and have a division based youth system, mini-schools all over the country, futsal based and each club pays a subscription into that divisions schools. There is the base training that the league provides based on the countries criteria (a certain system, style, skills curriculum etc.). A minimum amount of hours a week over the course of a month must be achieved to stay in the system to qualify for a club selection, then the club who signs you gets a certain amount of hours on top of that. Each year those hours increase for the club until the 'owning' stage. With a draft system every summer, based on location and players/parents wishes, so if you want a player but he doesn't want to sign on then he goes back into the draft. If that player is then not picked up, he can stay in the system.

Loads of other things can be done, such as the FA growing a pair and threatening the government with all out media war (FA should win unless a politician wants to be the one who got England banned from WC/Euros by interfering) to force councils to provide land in all areas with a certain amount of people. Build 7-a-side all weather artificial pitches in all those areas, council provided lighting like any street and health and safety bollocks waved by a government law.

There are millions of things we could do as a nation, and instead we got Danny Mills and Rio Ferdinand to decide things for us. Brilliant.

Clegg

£75m a year? Fair play to Woowar on that one. Also have that record breaking sponsorship with Chevrolet in place. Rolling in cash now, debt isn't a problem anymore either. Now spend the goddamned money please.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
£75m a year? Fair play to Woowar on that one. Also have that record breaking sponsorship with Chevrolet in place. Rolling in cash now, debt isn't a problem anymore either. Now spend the goddamned money please.

My initial thought was "we should probably start using this new wealth soon before other clubs re-up" I cant imagine ours being this far ahead of everyone else for too long, must be quite positive in the transfer market. That being said ill reiterate, I dont want to turn into a City.

Mr Cola

10559685_10152579306259288_7435164498173772754_n.jpg

What's wrong with his face?

The boots offend me more, having to watch players use those awfully designed disasters, I honestly dont know how they got past Q&A.

Meier

(Ideas)

There are millions of things we could do as a nation, and instead we got Danny Mills and Rio Ferdinand to decide things for us. Brilliant.

Nice suggestions, but again -- it comes down to implementation. I don't think they're very achievable unfortunately. From watching the Fernandinho documentary, he came through one of these independent academies that you're discussing though -- played there for a few years before he finally signed a pro deal with Atlético Paranaense. They showed some of the other kids who are playing at the academy he came through and they're all hoping to replicate his success. They play in a regional league and hope to get discovered by a pro team some day.

The draft system you described is an interesting one but you'd expect English people would balk at using a system that is in place in American sports. Most people seem to be aghast at the concept of it to be honest.

I hope for you all's sake that something along the lines you've mentioned (more pitches, etc.) is implemented, but the reality is that it won't be in all likelihood. Not with land value at a premium in so many places. It's a nice dream though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom