• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I have no idea who we're going to replace Vidal with. The names that get thrown around, like Guarin, are outright TERRIFYING.

Paulinho of course. For the low, low price of £20m you can buy a wonderful Brazilian midfielder who combines the dynamism and sense of adventure of Denilson with the masterful game intelligence of Jermaine Jenas.

To get yours now call 555-MIDFIELDFRED and have your card details ready.

L1NETT

Again, every other country with B teams had to deal with this previously. It's a concession you make if you want to provide youth players with a better opportunity to start their competitive careers earlier and to actually be able to have some level of control over their development. You also could simply increase the size of League 1 or League 2 to compensate and limit the number of B teams who can earn promotion or something along those lines.

It doesn't affect me in the slightest bit -- even MLS teams are creating B teams so to speak. At this point, the US are a stronger national team than England. If English fans think that's acceptable, then go ahead and continue to stick with the status quo. If it were me, I'd want to see my country move to a system that is working elsewhere though.

15 years ago it damn well did

Again, the lower leagues in this country are some the best things about football in this country. Far, far far more so than anywhere. You don't have European Cup winners in the second tier and 20k+ fans going to third tier games

B teams benefits nobody but the big boys whose reserves and youth teams aren't even full of english youngsters. A pointless exercise in killing the most competitive lower leagues to help big clubs blood their stolen foreign and domsetic talent

Again, improve coaching, improving the loan system, stopping big clubs stealing and ruining young talent, improve infrastructure are all SO MUCH MORE important than getting Man City B's to play Rochdale.

Also, sorry for boring t'others in there bout arguing about this. Obviously affects me far more, like my fellow City fans get quite passionate about it. I don't half as annoyed as others rightly do.

BsfWu5GCQAAegRa.jpg:large

JACK WTF ARE YOU DOING

Hart's not gonna need head & shoulders much longer

Zabojnik

Paulinho of course. For the low, low price of £20m you can buy a wonderful Brazilian midfielder who combines the dynamism and sense of adventure of Denilson with the masterful game intelligence of Jermaine Jenas.

To get yours now call 555-MIDFIELDFRED and have your card details ready.

We'll take Lamela for 5M€, thanks.

Didn't PSG get a transfer spend cap imposed of about 60m Euros? Is that net or gross?

Whatever the amount was, the David Luiz transfer covered about 98% of it, I think (or close enough to it).

If they want to spend, they will need to sell first now I believe

sohois

Didn't PSG get a transfer spend cap imposed of about 60m Euros? Is that net or gross?

If they breach the cap they will be kicked out of next years CL(and probably a few more) but otherwise I don't think there are any restrictions. FFP doesn't apply transfer bans.

Barzul

Is Szczęsny leaving ?
4m for a backup goalie... I dunno man..... Well I trust in you Wengy.

You're not considering the possibility that Szczesny gets injured and our replacement is Damien Martinez. A kid who hasn't played a single PL game. Yeah I'd rather sign Ospina and be confident that we have a capable replacement.

Meier

15 years ago it damn well did
I only meant that I don't care about England's national team -- I like to see them succeed but it's not like I'd take any pride from it. Unless your own country is benefiting from it, the development of youth players is frankly just a thing to crow about if you want to be honest.

All of the things you mentioned are fine and dandy and nice ideas but they're a lot less easy to implement. Honestly, how do you improve the loan system? There is never a guarantee a player will play when he's on loan. What options are there to make it better?

How do you improve coaching at lower levels? It's not just something you can fix with money and sending a guy to a class. How do you stop big clubs from taking players when they're young? The intra-England transfer costs are simply out of balance with the rest of the world therefore if you identify young, you have to snap them up while they have some semblance of affordability. In other countries, you might be able to get a good youth player even when he's 20 or so and actually had a long time to develop and pay a fairly modest fee, but in England he's a £15m player like a Zaha. Or a £30m player like Shaw.

The system is inherently beyond repair within these confines. They need to try something new that is achievable.

L1NETT

Suspect as hell but jack's got like two kids doesn't he? As long as he plays good for I fine with it plus he's young he'll calm down with age.

Hmm

---

Also those "rumours" were some journo/blogger muppet looking to get cheap hits

Like Ian Thorpe, I imagine footballers fear losing their sponsorships and all that. Sad state of affairs in 2014, especially when most of the fans I sit near week in week out are perfectly decent folk. Most fans and players are too.

omgkitty

Ospina definitely not back up. He's here to challenge Szczesny for top spot. Single-handedly saved Nice from relegation last season and had a very solid World cup.

Which is exactly what we need. I like Szczesny, but we need competition for all spots, and both will need to step up. No complacency in this team.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This Ospina fella would be first-choice anywhere else. He's much better than Szczcz too.

Arsene, wut r u doin m8

pls

Lots of top teams are looking at getting quality second keepers. City signed Caballero, Spurs are trying to get Vorm, Chelsea will have Cech and Courtois next season. Wenger is just being sensible, Fabianski played well in the cups last season and Chesney can't be backed up by some random kid.

Wilbur

Banned
This is actually me

Lots of top teams are looking at getting quality second keepers. City signed Caballero, Spurs are trying to get Vorm, Chelsea will have Cech and Courtois next season. Wenger is just being sensible, Fabianski played well in the cups last season and Chesney can't be backed up by some random kid.

I agree with this, but it's a shame to see such good keepers go ride the bench. Navas to Bayern is such a waste.

omgkitty

This is actually me

I agree with this, but it's a shame to see such good keepers go ride the bench. Navas to Bayern is such a waste.

Yeah Navas to Bayern is a huge waste. Out of all the teams going for two great keepers, Bayern have Neuer who's probably the best in the world right now.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wilbur you can't credit every shit post you make to Dean

Wait

Does Dean even exist? Or Lloyd? You're all three aren't you

L1NETT

I meant it because your club was playing third tier football 15 years ago

There are articles and articles about how the FA could improve the coaching infrastructure in this country, and saying well it's so broke fuck it isn't the best way to improve it eh? We have an embarrassingly small amount of well qualified coaches.

Also B team just allow big teams to stockpile players and it puts professional club and players potentially out a job, makes lower league academies pointless. Chin up Crewe.

So few lower league fans have any interest in this and are actively against such a stupid idea.

If it does go through I'd rather the top 6 in the prem fuck off and let the rest of us get on with the football.

England you're just not good at football

Please accept it and move on.

This, well kinda

We all prefer club football. It's the truth. United fans would rather see them sign Vidal, Di Maria and whoever else, win the PL/FA Cup then see England have success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom