• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

LNBL

10447153_679912218753097_5931538446932292530_n.jpg

Zabojnik

I had a dream. Balotelli left Milan. It was a beautiful dream.

If he goes, you're as good as dead.

Eh, I don't think so. With Pogba, Marchisio, Pirlo and Asamoah (who, I'll say it again, is better than Pogba) we'd still have a pretty solid midfield + Iturbe, Morata, Evra and maybe Pereyra or Romulo. In any case, I'd be perfectly okay with a transitional season, if I knew we were going to put those 60M€ we'd get from selling Vidal to good use. Be it this summer or the next. I just don't see who we could get though. We really should've signed Nainggolan when we had the chance.

Btw, there is no 'if' regarding Vidal. He's going to join United this summer.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
That obviously isn't true or the English games would be classified as competitive which they aren't. If you do limit them from going above the third or fourth tier, then how is that a bad thing? It affects a handful of clubs but very likely could improve the country's national team. That's a net benefit in most people's eyes.

Italy are the exception to the rule but beyond that, are vastly more successful than England as a nation in terms of football, so it's not exactly a like for like comparison.

It might be good for Man City to save themselves £30 million on buying the next big thing when he's 14 instead of 25, but it wouldn't be good for all the league 1 & 2 teams who get booted into non-league football by EPL B teams who don't have to worry about money anyway.

We don't need B teams and the top 5 owning 100% of the best players in the country by the time they are 15, we just need what B teams give you which is better coaches and better facilities in the lower leagues.

Meier

It might be good for Man City to save themselves £30 million on buying the next big thing when he's 14 instead of 25, but it wouldn't be good for all the league 1 & 2 teams who get booted into non-league football by EPL B teams who don't have to worry about money anyway.

We don't need B teams we just need what B teams give you which is better coaches and better facilities.

Again, every other country with B teams had to deal with this previously. It's a concession you make if you want to provide youth players with a better opportunity to start their competitive careers earlier and to actually be able to have some level of control over their development. You also could simply increase the size of League 1 or League 2 to compensate and limit the number of B teams who can earn promotion or something along those lines.

It doesn't affect me in the slightest bit -- even MLS teams are creating B teams so to speak. At this point, the US are a stronger national team than England. If English fans think that's acceptable, then go ahead and continue to stick with the status quo. If it were me, I'd want to see my country move to a system that is working elsewhere though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Eh, I don't think so. With Pogba, Marchisio, Pirlo and Asamoah (who, I'll say it again, is better than Pogba) we'd still have a pretty solid midfield + Iturbe, Morata, Evra and maybe Pereyra or Romulo. In any case, I'd be perfectly okay with a transitional season, if I knew we were going to put those 60M€ we'd get from selling Vidal to good use. Be it this summer or the next. I just don't see who we could get though. We really should've signed Nainggolan when we had the chance.

Btw, there is no 'if' regarding Vidal. He's going to join United this summer.
Oh we'll be just fine without any of them, but yeah, what the fuck are we going to do with all that money?

Pointless

ClevDog

Toni Kroos

Hixx

I wish we'd sign someone. Even when we sell players it seems to take fucking ages. Nacho Scocco to Newell's has been going on for about 3 weeks, over a £2.5m transfer!
e5YuU.gif

edit: she has horrendous feet, would NOT bang

sohois

That obviously isn't true or the English games would be classified as competitive which they aren't. If you do limit them from going above the third or fourth tier, then how is that a bad thing? It affects a handful of clubs but very likely could improve the country's national team. That's a net benefit in most people's eyes.

Italy are the exception to the rule but beyond that, are vastly more successful than England as a nation in terms of football, so it's not exactly a like for like comparison.

The reserve leagues in England have their issues but the general quality of the teams would definitely be a match for a regional division in the Eredivisie or the French 4th division.

Italy have had good and bad teams over the years with no B teams. Spain had decades of mediocre international teams with a B team system. Germany were thumped 5-1 by England a little over a decade ago and had a pretty dire national team at that time (they reached the final in 2002 but had a piss easy route with Paraguay, USA and South Korea.) From a statistical standpoint, I don't think there would be any discernible correlation between having a B team system and having a better national team. So I'm really struggling to see how people have picked this one variable out from a host of others an pinpointed it as a major reason for poor performance.

Croyles

WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!!!!!

I'm so tired man, was up until 4 am partying and had to get up for work the next day. Only just got back.

I might collapse in a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom