• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

If you invert that image's colours, it turns into a gimp suit

ieWQRwVFXk29S.png

Barzul

Messi Minutes ‏@MessiMinutes 8s
According to @lequipe, Rodríguez to Madrid is moving ever-closer. Pepe may be part of the final deal.

Another one for the Galactico collection.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I imagine no-one will have a clue what im talking about but I always had a soft spot for Blackburn when Graham Fenton put two past Newcastle the season we won the title against them, cracking game.

Ah old premier league.

I did go to India with Birdy

He paid his own way - to India - for a friendly!

He's one of those blokes that lives for football he has a sort of shrine in his house

Mr Cola - we remember it's about the only thing Fenton ever did

inky

Man, getting James AND getting rid of Pepe... that's like a triple win. Well, the only reason I'm not meh on James joining Madrid is because Ronnie seems like the best player to learn from for someone like him.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I did go to India with Birdy

He paid his own way - to India - for a friendly!

He's one of those blokes that lives for football he has a sort of shrine in his house

Mr Cola - we remember it's about the only thing Fenton ever did

The younguns dont know how good the PL used to be, they just dont know.

Meier

Man, getting James AND getting rid of Pepe... that's like a triple win. Well, the only reason I'm not meh on James joining Madrid is because Ronnie seems like the best player to learn from for someone like him.

On the whole, Pepe was excellent for Madrid last season. Obviously shipping him off would be a move to pacify Varane which isn't necessarily a bad idea.

Tc91

Muppet mode:

Interesting stuff about this guy - @Emmet_Kennedy on Redcafe, he called the RVP transfer way before it happened got the fee correct from his 'contact' and he's reporting Vidal to us for £35m.

/muppet mode deactivated

Pls.

Mr Cola

Muppet mode:

Interesting stuff about this guy - @Emmet_Kennedy on Redcafe, he called the RVP transfer way before it happened got the fee correct from his 'contact' and he's reporting Vidal to us for £35m.

/muppet mode deactivated

Pls.

I read Redcafe alot and if we are resorting to quoting their posters we are lost, half the Vidal thread on there has no links, its just pages and pages of "Well it would be so cool if it was true". Same for Di Maria but since hes not likely joining he isnt very good now.

Tc91

I read Redcafe alot and if we are resorting to quoting their posters we are lost, half the Vidal thread on there has no links, its just pages and pages of "Well it would be so cool if it was true". Same for Di Maria but since hes not likely joining he isnt very good now.

It's in the Twitter transfer thread, that's the only thread I read on there.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Muppet mode:

/muppet mode deactivated

Pls.

35 million. What a bargain!

Did Niersbach just talk Klose into retirement for the German national team?

He talked about giving him kind of a testimonial in the next friendly (against Argentina lol), while Klose only said he'd think about retiring in the next few weeks.

Mr Cola

Hell get injured first game and we will have to make do with Clev till january

It is writ

Tc91

A radio DJ from Cork has the inside scoop on Vidal?

I'm skeptical.

So am I but if there is anything to muppet over this is it:

Emmet Kennedy
‏@Emmet_Kennedy
Just got a text from a contact in London: Robin Van Persie has signed for #MUFC
#AFC are now officially nothing more than a feeder club.
11:16 PM - 11 Aug 2012

Emmet Kennedy
‏@Emmet_Kennedy
#MUFC have agreed a fee of £25m for RVP with #AFC. Wenger not happy, but board accepted. Medical only a formality. RVP now an #MUFC player.
1:38 AM - 12 Aug 2012

Emmet Kennedy
‏@Emmet_Kennedy
As I told you Saturday night, #RVP signs for #MUFC. The deal was agreed Saturday night. #AFC only saving face. My contact is never wrong.
7:33 PM - 15 Aug 2012

Emmet Kennedy @Emmet_Kennedy · 59m
@santinoB1 @evers_karl Same source as RVP. He asked me not to say anything until now.

Craig Sainsbury.

Emmet Kennedy.

#believe.

Mr Cola

Touche :(

We need a discount on your brainless winger then

Did you see the number of times Nani miss-controlled the ball and it went for a throw in?

You simply cannot teach that

Also think of the shot power, he genuinely has a rocket shot

He unfortunately cannot hit any target

I mean, if thats not a £20m player

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hell get injured first game and we will have to make do with Clev till january

It is writ
He never gets injured for long.

Hell he played our last few games with a swollen knee :lol The Abysswalker gives no fucks and takes no prisoners

Marc

Marc that post is most likely larger then the fa's report. Not that I disagree with anything you're saying

They probably asked Fat Sam what he would do, then copied and pasted it.

Nice suggestions, but again -- it comes down to implementation. I don't think they're very achievable unfortunately. From watching the Fernandinho documentary, he came through one of these independent academies that you're discussing though -- played there for a few years before he finally signed a pro deal with Atlético Paranaense. They showed some of the other kids who are playing at the academy he came through and they're all hoping to replicate his success. They play in a regional league and hope to get discovered by a pro team some day.

The draft system you described is an interesting one but you'd expect English people would balk at using a system that is in place in American sports. Most people seem to be aghast at the concept of it to be honest.

I hope for you all's sake that something along the lines you've mentioned (more pitches, etc.) is implemented, but the reality is that it won't be in all likelihood. Not with land value at a premium in so many places. It's a nice dream though.

I think they are achievable, but where there is a will there is a way. The Germans had the will and made things happen. We have absolutely no say in England matters and most of the fans have short attention spans, as soon as the season starts they won't care. Just moan about the mercenary players like Suarez and Toure showing zero loyalty to their club. Our country as a whole tend to sit on their arse and do nothing, guilty of it myself, although I have stopped buying all England merchandise and don't go to games any more. Won't make any difference.

There is a school academy system out there as well, think its Watford doing it, where they essentially own the school and build the teaching around football practice. Much longer days, lots of coaching, apparently shown a good start from what I remember reading. That is a 5-10 year project though and no guarantee's in life. Makes sense, and could see the big clubs doing something like that but not really the solution for the country as a whole.

Really we needed our ex-players to take a stand and lead the way but they're all cowards, Lineker made a small criticism of Woy. Got called up, Woy comes on MOTD and suddenly all criticism has a limit. A leader to get behind like Klinsman was for Germany. Most are just happy playing golf.

For the draft, it would only be fair in the context of sharing a youth system with other clubs and for them to get back their investment. And with youth it is a gamble anyway, no matter how good they look things can change massively in a short amount of time.

For the land, where I have grown up and moved to a lot of full sized pitches were closed down but there are loads of small plots or run down properties that can easily do the job for a 5/7-a-side pitch. There are tons, especially near train tracks (cages for the pitch obviously), it just goes unused because you can't build houses there and has no value for shops so gets wasted. Considering how much the NHS spends on obesity these days, everyone pays in terms of police and damages as youth have no where to hang out and have a kick around... I think it would pay itself off in the long term.

Sorry, another waffle-fest, just annoys me and you're right things aren't going to change. It would take a 7-1 thrashing, or consistent failure to qualify (impossible for the euros now pretty much).

Salvadora

Anyone else think adding 3/4 Fire Emblem characters into Smash Bros is lame?

I'd much rather have had Rayman and the likes.

Iconic innit.

Abraxas

If Vidal is going for 35 million, he'd be getting unveiled as Barca's new CB right now.
Also, Wenger and Ancelotti would be in there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom