• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If Vidal is going for 35 million, he'd be getting unveiled as Barca's new CB right now.
Also, Wenger and Ancelotti would be in there too.

Aye, the thing that makes these rumours sceptical is just how little interest anyone else has in him, especially for these prices. It makes it all rather unbelievable.

Anyone else think adding 3/4 Fire Emblem characters into Smash Bros is lame?

I'd much rather have had Rayman and the likes.

Iconic innit.

Isn't Smash Bro's mostly Nintendo characters with a few exceptions? It could be that Ubi just don't want Rayman in there... Cause Ubisoft sucks.

WJD

Also, pretty much everyone was calling RVP to United around that time. If we're basing transfer credibility on that then god help us.

Carbonox

For those who don't go to OT...this thread is a must

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=854623

What a goldmine. Even Ozil found some time out of his schedule to appear.

v4DVLKa.jpg

omgkitty

If Vidal is going for 35 million, he'd be getting unveiled as Barca's new CB right now.
Also, Wenger and Ancelotti would be in there too.

Exactly. We just signed Alexis, and for that low of a price, Wenger would have to be interested. Khedira isn't the most defensive player in the world, so to spend a few million more to get Vidal would seem like a no brainer. CL football and his Chilean bro. Same agent too.

Exactly. We just signed Alexis, and for that low of a price, Wenger would have to be interested. Khedira isn't the most defensive player in the world, so to spend a few million more to get Vidal would seem like a no brainer. CL football and his Chilean bro. Same agent too.

You can't afford his wages. Your structure doesn't allow for it.

Besic to Everton rumor? Media is going to have a field day. They already got on my nerves during the WC "because he's the first player from the hungarian league to be there since so many years!" Piss off!

omgkitty

You can't afford his wages. Your structure doesn't allow for it.

Afford and willing are two different things. You keep saying we can't afford it and that's wrong. The issue would be parity with the other players in the squad. I think if a player like Vidal came, no one would have a problem with him being a top earner.

spidye

congrats to german gaf

and now let club football commence

so real and germany both won trophies when khedira was out injured. lol

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Anyone tried Vibram Five Fingers? They look rather awesome, thinking of getting a pair for day to day jogging.

more muppetry:

- Enner Valencia to West Ham for 15 million €. pretty pacey player.
- Mourinho interested in Granada's midfieder Yacine Brahimi.

Arsenal can "afford' £250k/week the same way United can "afford" £400k/week.

The club isn't going to stretch itself to the very end of it's financial muscle.

Zabojnik

YES COMAN!

Bshn_I9IQAI_V5o.jpg

Speaking of muppets, I love the new Opel ads with Claudia Schiffer.

"Of course it won't break down, it's a German.". Ain't that a trip.
Is it not enough that people concede that you are efficient, you must also boast about it via ads in countries which owe you money?

And it's Open, so it's not even remotely true.

Barzul

Did you actually read the article.

The part of the article is mostly irrelevant, If we could afford to pay a single player 10m (lump or weekly) in '06 at our height of skintness we could certainly do it now. I also remember Gazidis saying last summer that we could afford Rooney despite his 250k a week wages. We can afford to pay a special player that amount. It won't strain our resources as we've successfully cleared away a lot of our wage moochers. We don't want Vidal.

wedward

I don't want to pay a 27 year old with a dodgy knee 200k a week.

Just buy Cavani with that money.

Rambo will be better than Vidal in two seasons anyway.

jtb

Banned
We paid it up front instead of over a year. Does it really matter?

He signed a three year contract. The signing fee was surely given under the assumption he would see out his contract and if prorated over the length of the contract, his wages would be far less than 200k. even including his signing bonus, should've come out at around ~130k, which is the going rate we seem to pay for our top players these days (Fabregas, RVP, Ozil, now Sanchez)

wedward

He signed a three year contract. The signing fee was surely given under the assumption he would see out his contract and if prorated over the length of the contract, his wages would be far less than 200k

They knew he wasn't seeing out his contract.

omgkitty

He signed a three year contract. The signing fee was surely given under the assumption he would see out his contract and if prorated over the length of the contract, his wages would be far less than 200k. even including his signing bonus, should've come out at around ~130k, which is the going rate we seem to pay for our top players these days (Fabregas, RVP, Ozil, now Sanchez)

I think we can all agree Wenger knew Henry wasn't going to stay more than another season.

We paid it up front instead of over a year. Does it really matter?

His father did so much for us and then his son did whatever he could to tear it down.

The part of the article is mostly irrelevant, If we could afford to pay a single player 10m (lump or weekly) in '06 at our height of skintness we could certainly do it now. I also remember Gazidis saying last summer that we could afford Rooney despite his 250k a week wages. We can afford to pay a special player that amount. It won't strain our resources as we've successfully cleared away a lot of our wage moochers. We don't want Vidal.

It matters hugely.

Committing to a one off sum is not the same as an ongoing investment - at all.

Totally differing types of spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom