• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

tumblr_n8r228fQpA1shp7mjo3_250.gif

start the gif a second earlier when Müller eats off Poldi's plate. Was awesome

Nicktendo86

It says a lot about British fans that rather then being inspired by the Germans to develop their own players, the first thought is how can we nick their leftovers.
Fans in wanting world cup winners to play for their club shocker. Not sure what you mean by leftovers either :/

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
AJAX?

Traitorous cunt
Gio does have a face of an Ajax supporter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnkFfPUxf5o
But at what cost? At what cost??

Triglav was stripped of his powers after reading Vidal's quotes. He's now but a mere mountain in Slovenia. A Mountain that Mountains, in silence.

in other words, this is all because of United GAF.
They're still Germans though.

LOOOL Touche sleutel! But let's be honest here, you guys aren't much better :lol speaking from RL experience, the Germans are a bit nicer and more friendly :p

GorillaJu

eh?

The train has begun it's journey. We may not have started the engine, but Rodgers and Ayre are shoevelling coal in at a record pace.

No chance. There's a higher chance of the absurdly hot girl who just walked past me turning around and telling me in perfect English "Brian I talked to your girlfriend earlier today and she said you can fuck me. Let's go right now."

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
don't expect to see this quote being tweeted by any of the 'high profile' United muppets on twitter

The Abysswalker “I really do not know anything about what is going on. I’m not reading the papers, I am very calm, and I’m doing everything possible to recover from a knee injury.

“Things are going well and I am happy at Juventus
."

but you'll Death-in-Italy see this out of context

“I’m concerned about doing things with the people that I love, everything else is being dealt with by my agent.

“It would be wrong to talk about another team, I just know that [United] are one of the biggest clubs in the world, but I still have a contract with Juventus.

“It would be disrespectful to talk about another team in front of Juventus and my teammates.”

Watching a 05/06 season review.

I miss Reina, and wish he could patch things up with us. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was better last year than Mignolet was.

@cartoon_soldier, twitter bollocks started the engine, now we're in control :p

don't expect to see this quote being tweeted by any of the 'high profile' United muppets on twitter

So, he's not being a cunt and forcing a move. Which is what I have said, Vidal is happy at Juve. He only moves if Juve sell him.

If every twitter started engine went to fruition...shudder.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sounds like we're now looking at other left back options as Swansea keep dicking us about over Davies. I don't really see how a club like them can turn down £12m for a defender but I guess we're trying to force the player to act up.

Feorax

I miss Reina, and wish he could patch things up with us. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was better last year than Mignolet was.

Hard to compare really. Different leagues, different style of keeper.

I think Mignolet last year was better than Pepe had been for 2 or 3 seasons, so I'd rather not take the risk and work on improving the 4 in front of Mig first.

Hard to compare really. Different leagues, different style of keeper.

I think Mignolet last year was better than Pepe had been for 2 or 3 seasons, so I'd rather not take the risk and work on improving the 4 in front of Mig first.

I'd agree with that, though I do believe that the style of keeper Reina is (not the quality between 10/11 and 12/13) is a much better fit for our current back 4 than Mignolet. He got it wrong way too often at the end with us, but someone who did his utmost to take the pressure off the defenders, either by sweeping, claiming crosses, being happy to receive the ball when they're being pressured, and reliably distributing from the back.

Since Barca haven't gone for him and Napoli are reluctant to buy him, I think he'd be open to coming back but it would need some proper air-clearing talks with Rodgers, and we'd perhaps have to send him on loan for a while again for him to prove that the error-strewn lasting form is behind him,

Obviously we'll do our utmost to cash in on him though, which is a shame imo.

Zabojnik

Juve selling Vidal isn't that far fetched, unfortunately. But I doubt we'd entertain offers below 60M€. It needs to be a price that screams "look how many top players we can buy you with this money, dear Conte" or there'll be consequences.

Conte and Pogba are leaving next year in any case. Death. Death. Death.

Hixx

So was the Don.

Our goalkeeping coach is a GENIUS.

Walshy

Sorry, a bit late replying to these. This thread moves so fast sometimes.

ACN player is my main issue. You'd lose him between January and February.
That could definitely be a problem, however I feel that Sturridge would be able to cover as I don't think Bony will be first choice. The only reason we played with two strikers last year, was due to Suarez and Sturridge both being needed to fitted into the team. The notion from the club, is that Rodgers wants four strikers. Borini will be sold, Aspas has already gone. That leaves just Sturridge and Lambert (who will most likely be 3rd choice at best). So I think it would be good to get Bony and Remy, however I can't see it.

I can see us shifting to 4-3-2-1, with Rodgers trying for more attacking midfielders following Markovic.

Don't get me wrong, Bony is a better player than people give him credit for, but he's not a like for like swap for Sturridge if and when he gets injured, not would he be a good option to play wide if Sturridge was fit.

That's why I'd prefer Remy. According to the Times, a top 4 club can have him for £8 million. Seems a no brainer to me.
I think Bony is really underrated technically.

What really sold me,was this Juan Loco post on RAWK.The market is pretty awful at this moment in time for forwards.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Meier is right actually

]Conte and Pogba are leaving next year in any case. Death. Death. Death.[/spoiler]

people think we're kidding btw. What they don't know is that 1) Conte is unhappy with our penny-pinching 2) Conte's contract expires at the end of the season 3) Pogba's contract expires at the end of 2015-2016, which means we're gonna be forced to sell him on a discount next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom