• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No he isn't :lol

The reason City go to america isn't because they care about fans. It's because they want to make money and gain new fans to make even more money. It's naive to think otherwise.

Why aren't they going to every country in the world to please all their fans? Because they're focusing on the ones they can monetise the most. It's a stupid argument.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about :lol I just wanted Meier to be right for once :lol

or twice if you count his Suarez misshaped teeth theory

L1NETT

TBH I imagine all of those will stay in some capacity, partly because no-one would buy them (maybe Kags and Hernandez) and partly because i dont have huge faith we will be bringing alot more in.

Ok we shit on them a lot, but they aren't pub players. They are still decent footballers, just not Man United standard.

The idea that nobody wants them (Young would have to take a wage cut obvs) is madness, Cola pls

We should pick up Smalling.

If Jones were available, I think yous should get him as a spare centre back. At Blackburn the kid was a tank, but I still reckon he's got a really good future if played in that position.

Ok we shit on them a lot, but they aren't pub players. They are still decent footballers, just not Man United standard.

The idea that nobody wants them (Young would have to take a wage cut obvs) is madness, Cola pls

Easily.

Chris Smalling = Lower Mid/bottom table club
Tom Cleverley = Everton
Javier Hernández = Outside EPL
Shinji Kagawa = Dortmund?
Darren Fletcher = Lower table club
Ashley Young = Middle East

Walshy

ESPN reporting the opposite.

There's no way we sent Ayre out there personally just to negotiate the loan of Iago.
Let's hope so. Barrett did mention in the Times today that Ayre went out there with the idea of discussing Moreno.

Have you seen the Shaqiri comments? A Bayern Sporting director came out saying "Xherdan is an important player for the future".

Shaqiri went on to tweet this:
Xherdan ShaqiriVerified account ‏@XS_11official

I live in present... Not in future....;-)
itshappening.gif

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

If Jones were available, I think yous should get him as a spare centre back. At Blackburn the kid was a tank, but I still reckon he's got a really good future if played in that position.

Obviously there is some jokes in there but I have watched Young and Smalling over the last 2 years and im not convinced they would do much for any team in the top flight, Ashley Young possesses none of the attributes needed for a winger.

WJD

Looool, just got this text from my brother

SLB3zsa.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

This look seems to be becoming more common, the semi shaved one side full hair on the other. It confuses me, I genuinely dont know if its attractive or not. I therefore lean to that it is not.

#bigdecisions

Feorax

Let's hope so. Barrett did mention in the Times today that Ayre went out there with the idea of discussing Moreno.

Have you seen the Shaqiri comments? A Bayern Sporting director came out saying "Xherdan is an important player for the future".

itshappening.gif

I think he might leave, but I doubt it will be to us. I think signing Markovic and Lallana has us set for wingers/attacking mids. The only way I see us buying another wide player is if said player can play CF competently.

itshappening.gif

Reus, Shaqiri, Moreno, Lovren

now to sell off some off our...... ahh fuck it, Ayre couldnt sell kotatsus to Northern Siberians

Would you really renew Kagawa on the same wages? :s

He's done very, very little to justify that imo
It's about protecting his value. If LvG doesn't want him then obv we won't but if he does then better renewing now. His wages aren't huge. Otherwise next summer he leaves for very little or he negotiates a bigger contract than otherwise.

Mr Cola

10 of our opening 12 games are on tv, this is great, lots more on BT than Sky it seems.

Walshy

I think he might leave, but I doubt it will be to us. I think signing Markovic and Lallana has us set for wingers/attacking mids. The only way I see us buying another wide player is if said player can play CF competently.
I'm not so sure.

We are likely to switch to 4-2-3-1 this season. For three positions, it will leave us with: Sterling, Markovic, Lallana, Coutinho and Suso.

I will be surprised if we keep it with just them five. Maybe Rodgers has plans for Ibe to step up?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This look seems to be becoming more common, the semi shaved one side full hair on the other. It confuses me, I genuinely dont know if its attractive or not. I therefore lean to that it is not.

#bigdecisions

my hairstyle atm :lol but it's not that long obviously

my hair grows fast though so I can only maintain the look for one or two weeks max :/

pls.

Better than Borini!

Not while his lower leg is being held onto the kneebone with elastic bands he isn't

Plus, English/Southampton tax would make him a ridiculous price for a second-choice striker. I wouldn't be happy at all if we moved Sturridge out wide to accomodate J-Rod.

Wilbur

Banned
Not while his lower leg is being held onto the kneebone with elastic bands he isn't

Plus, English/Southampton tax would make him a ridiculous price for a second-choice striker. I wouldn't be happy at all if we moved Sturridge out wide to accomodate J-Rod.

But J-Rod would play out wide instead like he does for Southampton

Mr Cola

my hairstyle atm :lol but it's not that long obviously

my hair grows fast though so I can only maintain the look for one or two weeks max :/

Yurt i was so attracted to you and now I am conflicted

I was a member of the long hair club a few weeks ago, nothing better than getting 1 tip above a buzzcut

The Daily Mail's troll Adrian Durham wrote a column about Arsenal today which made me chuckle. Here are some extracts from it:

"In years to come Per Mertesacker will tell his grandchildren about the three minutes he played for Germany in the World Cup final against Lionel Messi’s Argentina, not the 120 minutes he played for Arsenal in the FA Cup final against George Boyd’s Hull."

"Alexis Sanchez – all of sudden he’s gone from being the one who doesn’t quite fit in at Barcelona to the man who will make Arsenal world beaters.

It’s an amazing transformation.

It happened last summer, too. Mesut Ozil went from being the lazy one at Real Madrid to the ‘new Bergkamp’ at Arsenal."

"The FA Cup gave the fans a great day out, but seeing Arsenal players win the World Cup is a reality check for Gooners who are letting Wenger get away with it.

After waiting all this time they should demand more. And in fairness to Gooners they do want more. In fact they are so desperate for more, they have hijacked Germany’s World Cup success as some sort of trophy for Arsenal.

Ozil had a decent game in the final but in the words of German legend Paul Breitner was ‘walking’ through the World Cup before that.

Mertesacker came on for the last few minutes of the final but Germany only started to look like serious contenders after he was dropped before the quarter final against France.

And Lukas Podolski is Arsenal’s version of John Terry. He put the kit on for the celebrations and wouldn’t let go of the World Cup.

The reality is that a Chelsea player, Andre Schurrle, was more influential for Germany than the three Gooners combined.

Yet I don’t hear Chelsea fans trying to claim they won the World Cup. Probably because they aren’t so desperate to claim any kind of football success as Arsenal supporters are."

He also wrote another column today called "Liverpool fans saw their Premier League dream collapse last season and selling Luis Suarez means they won't get close again" which is worth a read if you want to laugh about Gerrard's slip again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom