• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

No he isn't :lol

The reason City go to america isn't because they care about fans. It's because they want to make money and gain new fans to make even more money. It's naive to think otherwise.

Why aren't they going to every country in the world to please all their fans? Because they're focusing on the ones they can monetise the most. It's a stupid argument.
Don't be silly. Of course I don't think it's some sort of altruistic gesture. But going 0 times in 25 years is a pretty clear snub and shows a distinct lack of caring. If you can make $2m in one place and $1.99m in another, at some point in a lengthy period of time it's better to take a $0.01 hit to extend good will. Fans should never, ever, ever care about the club's economics. That is not their concern. The club throwing them a bone is though.

Excitement.
All the big clubs were linked to these guys in the past week. Sounds like they're great talents, congrats!

That t-shirt is fucking dope
Seriously, that's a fantastic design.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
SO

*cough*

Diane_Kruger_0002_1600X1200_Wallpaper.jpg

is The Bridge worth watching?

Salvadora

Michael Owen should stick to horse racing, his football predictions seem to be a bit wide of the mark.
my top four for next season would be Chelsea, Man City, Man United and Liverpool.

“Arsenal haven’t had any real stand out players in the last few years, like Thierry Henry. They have just lagged a step behind.”
:lol

Good for a laugh, at least.

He commentates on BT Sport too. Coincidence? I think not.

Meier

SO

*cough*

Yes. First season may be a little slow depending on your tastes but I loved it. Thought the premiere for season 2 the other night was awesome.

When is an FX show not worth watching? It's a rarity. Seek out Terriers first and foremost if you never watched that.

I'd be fine with Shaqiri leaving tbh. Loved watching him, was great, will turn into something special. Thanks for helping us getting the treble.

We'll sell him for higher than we paid him for so it's whatever.

GorillaJu

This look seems to be becoming more common, the semi shaved one side full hair on the other. It confuses me, I genuinely dont know if its attractive or not. I therefore lean to that it is not.

#bigdecisions

My girlfriend does her hair like this, but it looks normal if you just leave it down on both sides instead of swooping it over to the other. It doesn't look too bad, I prefer a girlier style but it's not my hair, and I've been doing my hair a way she doesn't really dig for 2 years now.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yes. First season may be a little slow depending on your tastes but I loved it. Thought the premiere for season 2 the other night was awesome.

When is an FX show not worth watching? It's a rarity. Seek out Terriers first and foremost if you never watched that.

Oh hey Terriers looks good too! But did they wrap up the story in one season?

Yup, can't wait to see him in a Chelsea shirt. As for Luis... eh, not sold on him just yet but that might be because I've seen him play 4 times.

€20m for someone who is 29 next month, bizarre deal unless the price is incorrect and its cheaper than suggested, but theres other players in the same position we could go for that are younger. Of all our transfer dealings recently, that one is the strangest.

Ba to Besiktas is a go it seems despite them denying it, lower than the €13m they were originally quoted but I don't know by how much

Jack cw

I'd be fine with Shaqiri leaving tbh. Loved watching him, was great, will turn into something special. Thanks for helping us getting the treble.

We'll sell him for higher than we paid him for so it's whatever.

Rummenigge just said that they wont sell Shaqiri. He is part of Bayerns future. Whatever that means though.

€20m for someone who is 29 next month, bizarre deal unless the price is incorrect and its cheaper than suggested, but theres other players in the same position we could go for that are younger. Of all our transfer dealings recently, that one is the strangest.

It is OK we will make most of that back selling Bertrand.

Ba to Besiktas is a go it seems despite them denying it, lower than the €13m they were originally quoted but I don't know by how much
Damn I totally forgot about his age lol yeah it's a weird one indeed. If this transfer is Mourinho's and he REALLY seems to like him for some reason, I'm willing to back Jose on it. Apparently he is great friends with Courtois.

Meier

It's kinda open-ended, but they wrapped it in a way that works as a series finale. Sadly, with the exception of The Shield, Shawn Ryan isn't a stranger to shows getting killed off quickly. It's an amazing show, can't recommend it enough.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tottenham will staunchly resist any offers for defender Jan Vertonghen this summer, Sky Sports understands.

The 27-year-old centre-half has four years left on his current contract and Spurs have no intention of selling the Belgium international.

Vertonghen's future at White Hart Lane has been questioned following recent comments made by his agent, Mustapha Nakhli, in which he claimed a host of European clubs were interested in the player.

Well you'd better shape the fuck up then. Kaboul's back now so any more dicking about and you'll he banished to Europa duty.

Salvadora

Think he'll replace Arteta then?
I'd think so.

Arteta does still have a leadership role to play in the squad and can play against some of the same sides, but the days of him starting against the big guns should hopefully be over.

Could see him being a future coach one day.

GorillaJu

I'd think so.

Arteta does still have a leadership role to play in the squad and can play against some of the same sides, but the days of him starting against the big guns should hopefully be over.

Could see him being a future coach one day.

Makes sense. Khedira is definitely a step up, he's the type of midfielder people have been saying Arsenal should get for years

Linius

Meh, it's been fine. There's pretty much nothing else on TV right now anyway.

Well there's The Bridge, Masters of Sex, Halt & Catch Fire and Suits who are all more enjoyable than Tyrant. But I'll stick with it for the rest of the season and see if they improve.

Zabojnik

SO

*cough*

I'll let you be the judge of that (SFW).

Yes, it wraps up nicely. One of my favourite shows from the last five years. Fuck you FX for cancelling it and fuck you for not releasing it on blu-ray. FUCK. YOU.

Well there's The Bridge, Masters of Sex, Halt & Catch Fire and Suits who are all more enjoyable than Tyrant. But I'll stick with it for the rest of the season and see if they improve.

What is this? Agreed on Tyrant, only seen the first episode and thought it was terrible. I also dropped Suits upon finding out that I don't care about any of the characters or the storylines. I really should've stopped watching after S1.

Yup, can't wait to see him in a Chelsea shirt. As for Luis... eh, not sold on him just yet but that might be because I've seen him play 4 times.

He looked good the few times I've seen Atletico, but yeah, not too many times, but it will be nice with a real attacking fullback again haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom