• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

Wenger knew that if he signed Sanchez Conte would resign.

If Conte leaves so does Pogba.

Wenger gets Pogba.

Always thinking one move ahead.

WENGYYYYYYYYYYY

Welcome to Madrid Pogba. CONFIRMED.

000_Par7512192.jpeg

Hixx

If you want something purely for reading just get the standard Kindle.

Also the official case should come with a ridiculously useful light for dark reading.

Will you read much at night? Are you OK using a lamp/leaving the lights on at night? The paperwhite is cool, but not entirely necessary. You don't have to light up the room fully to read it though.

I'd say yes. The light isn't just great at night but also makes day time reading a lot more pleasurable too.

There'll likely be a new one in September though. I'm waiting until then to replace the one I lost.

So the only real tangible difference is a back light? Always have a light on when I'm in the house (staring at screens when its dark gives me a headache very quickly), so will probably just get the basic. Cheers lads.

sohois

Serie A would pretty much be finished as a major league if Juventus do end up selling Vidal and Pogba. Big older teams like the Milans, Lazio and Fiorentina are shells of their former selves and just don't have the money for a push back; Napoli can't even string together a couple of loan deals for new players and it's inevitable Benitez won't stick around with that kind of backing, whilst Roma will probably sell Benatia, they'll sell Strootman soon and Pjanic will be gone next season.

So the only real tangible difference is a back light? Always have a light on when I'm in the house (staring at screens when its dark gives me a headache very quickly), so will probably just get the basic. Cheers lads.
I don't have one but IMO the back lit one is stunning.

Depends how much you want to spend obv but I would get the paper white if I got one.

bud

Wenger knew that if he signed Sanchez Conte would resign.

If Conte leaves so does Pogba.

Wenger gets Pogba.

Always thinking one move ahead.

WENGYYYYYYYYYYY

same thing happened with ozil. holy fuck.

welcome to arsenal, paul labile pogba.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Man Utd are a bigger club, can offer bigger wages, with a more reputable manager and were in from the start where we'd just look to him like vultures trying to swoop in and capitalise on Conte's leaving

Plus, with Suarez leaving, I'd be wary of joining us if I was in my prime, since there's a fucking huge question mark over our trajectory. Signings we've made so far don't exatly scream 'let's win the title next year.'

Perhaps we could convince him that he could be that signing pushing us to the heights, doubt it though at this point.

Man Utd will eventually spend what it takes to get back into the top 4, and then back into the title-challenging positions, and that has 'sign Vidal' written all over it.

I should read this with a smile on my face but I actually felt rather sad

Dont lose hope Hitcher :(

itll-be-alright-man.jpg

D_prOdigy

Yurt, Zabo ;_;

If it's because of Vidal, I would genuinely not have him if it meant fixing things. It's not worth breaking up a family.

You can even have Nani for free.

Serie A would pretty much be finished as a major league if Juventus do end up selling Vidal and Pogba. Big older teams like the Milans, Lazio and Fiorentina are shells of their former selves and just don't have the money for a push back; Napoli can't even string together a couple of loan deals for new players and it's inevitable Benitez won't stick around with that kind of backing, whilst Roma will probably sell Benatia, they'll sell Strootman soon and Pjanic will be gone next season.

In a nutshell, what happened to Serie A? Skill drain? Lack of funding? Corruption?

I should read this with a smile on my face but I actually felt rather sad

Dont lose hope Hitcher :(

itll-be-alright-man.jpg

See, everyone's a Liverpool fan at heart

I have hope still, expectations have been masively dampened though

Rodgers and Sturridge will be the two who determine whether we have another good season. Sterling as well maybe.

sohois

In a nutshell, what happened to Serie A? Skill drain? Lack of funding? Corruption?

I'm not Italy GAF but I think anyone could tell you their pathetic TV deals, especially Internationally, really hampered the league, whilst Inter and AC have been chronically mismanaged for a while now. Juventus were the sole big club that seemed to be well run.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
See, everyone's a Liverpool fan at heart

I have hope still, expectations have been masively dampened though

Rodgers and Sturridge will be the two who determine whether we have another good season. Sterling as well maybe.

I watched the Hanson doc on the BBC and its the closest ive come to liking Liverpool in my lifetime, I actually think Gerrard is a standout player and a decent human being. You lost major browny points for Suarez though, I know he brought success but man, thats a hateable human being.

If my spawn supported Liverpool in its current state I would not object.

kharma45

Enjoy yo' regular screen

Paperwhite has a high res screen too, longer battery life (twice as long in fact if you go by Amazon's figures) and has a quicker CPU inside as well.

Hixx

Chelsea really are going to win the league arent they?

Absolutely. Their only excuse last year was Torres and Eto'o; now they've got a stronger midfield, 'keeper and striking options.

Enjoy yo' regular screen

Paperwhite has a high res screen too, longer battery life (twice as long in fact if you go by Amazon's figures) and has a quicker CPU inside as well.

None of that is worth double the price to me. Can get a Kindle Fire for the price of a Paperwhite.

GQman2121

Banned
Thunderstorm just started here. No bullshit, I opened up Twitter, read the Conte news and this huge boom of thunder went off and scared the shit out of me. The timing was crazy.

It's a sign. We'll sign Pogba now.

jtb

Banned
We really do have to make a run at Pogba. I'll be crushed if he goes to Chelsea, especially if we only end up with fucking Khedira.

Suen

Poor Morata can't get a break

wait now that there will be a mass exodus at Juve Morata will become the star they need.

LNBL

Newcastle United FC ‏@NUFC 2m
0-1 - Siem de Jong's free-kick hits the wall but he absolutely lashes the rebound into the top right corner. Stunning goal on his debut!

kharma45

None of that is worth double the price to me. Can get a Kindle Fire for the price of a Paperwhite.

You'd also get eye strain too.

For reading books the Fire doesn't even compare to a proper Kindle in the slightest.

Basic Kindle is fine though. Some good deals on it.

1. Go to Real Madrid Shop
2. Grab stock shirt
3. Hang it in front of the Khedira Shirt
4. Turn around the other Khedira Shirt
5. Take a picture and post it on Twitter
6. Become a Sports reporter

Mr Cola

I swear before this WC everyone was calling Khedira shit

Also if you spellcheck Khedira the only thing that comes up is "Dickhead", true story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom