• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Schwarzer, Kane. Chalobah, Christensen, Aké, Romeu, Baker, Van Ginkel, Swift, Piazon, Bamford

Subs: Beeney, Ivanovic, Zouma, Dasilva, Boga, Houghton, Solanke, Brown, Matic, Terry

Van Ginkel and Bamford to score early.

Oh hey, John Swift? Looked a great little player when I have seen him, been wondering what was going on with him.

Not that it matters, got no chance. DOA

The Tanc:
"Juve fans protesting and kicked Marotta's and Allegri's cars as they left."

What a nice welcome.

VLAvP1i.png

Stulaw

West Ham Starting XI against Ipswich: Jaaskelainen, Demel, Collins, Tomkins, Cresswell, Noble, Kouyate, Diame, Jarvis(Downing?), C.Cole, Jarvis.

Subs bench: Adrian, O'Brien, Reid, Chambers, Page, Lletget, Poyet, Nolan, Cullen, Vaz Te, Zarate, McCallum, Sadlier, Harney and Spiegel

No Andy Carroll again.

Edit, apparently, according to the website, there are 2 Jarvis', I'm guessing one is Downing.

Salvadora

There isn't actually anything solid linking us to Schneiderlin.

I'd be surprised if that happened.

In other news - Forbes most valuable teams in the world:

1. Real Madrid (3.44 billion)
2. Barcelona (3.2 billion)
3. Manchester United (2.81 billion)
7. Bayern Munich (1.85 billion)
16. Arsenal
48. Chelsea
49. Manchester City
50. AC Milan

We big, baby.

West Ham Starting XI against Ipswich: Jaaskelainen, Demel, Collins, Tomkins, Cresswell, Noble, Kouyate, Diame, Jarvis, C.Cole, Jarvis.

Subs bench: Adrian, O'Brien, Reid, Chambers, Page, Lletget, Poyet, Nolan, Cullen, Vaz Te, Zarate, McCallum, Sadlier, Harney and Spiege

No Andy Carroll again.

Injured or unfit?

3Sixty

West Ham Starting XI against Ipswich: Jaaskelainen, Demel, Collins, Tomkins, Cresswell, Noble, Kouyate, Diame, Jarvis(Downing?), C.Cole, Jarvis.

Subs bench: Adrian, O'Brien, Reid, Chambers, Page, Lletget, Poyet, Nolan, Cullen, Vaz Te, Zarate, McCallum, Sadlier, Harney and Spiege

Noble, Kouyate, Diame is not the most creative of midfields.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

16. Arsenal
48. Chelsea
49. Manchester City
50. AC Milan

We big, baby.

I feel huge

Meier

£12m for a 21 y.o GK isn't that cheap.

It's pretty cheap when you consider he's probably the second or third best young keeper in the world. But regardless, the Portuguese clubs usually include a release clause that far exceeds the value of a player -- Oblak's clause being that low feels like it was very short-sighted to me. On an open market, he was certainly worth more now or would have been in another season.

Ostinatto

16. Arsenal
48. Chelsea
49. Manchester City
50. AC Milan

We big, baby.

But Arsenal doesn't have a single international trophy right?

Stulaw

I thought he'd need as much match-time as possible. The difference between Caroll when he's fully fit and when he isn't is ridiculous

Yeah he does need match time, but apparently he, Cole and Zarate had tight leg muscles before the Stevenage game, and I guess AC hasn't got over it or something.

DBT85

Jesus christ the callers in on MUTV

I'm not sure they are functional people

Nobody that phones in to these things is functional. I've lost count of the amount of daft stupid cunts that call in to the PLTV Fanzone program every night, and I have to sit there and listen to it.

16. Arsenal
48. Chelsea
49. Manchester City
50. AC Milan

We big, baby.

Juve are not even the list

ibg1yxwimtZgdv.png

K1LLER7

Honestly, I'd be shocked if they had to pay anything for him. It will be minimal at best you'd think.

Yep, he's been very open with the press about it. If Madrid pay the 80m Monaco wants, they'll get him.
He was good last season. Scored 14 goals from the wing.

Meier

He was good last season. Scored 14 goals from the wing.

Doesn't matter. Who else will buy him? He's in the last year of his deal and Benfica definitely won't be paying him a higher salary than he's been getting from United. If United get anything, it'll be maybe like €1-2m at most. I would expect it'll be a free transfer though.

Pennywise

Ginter is real !
10486969_918102561540251_344045747129380878_n.jpg

Medicine check perfect.
Costs about 10m plus bonus.

What a stunning defense.

Durm - Ginter - Hummels - Großkreutz
Schmelzer - Subotic - Sokratis - Piszcek

Doesn't matter. Who else will buy him? He's in the last year of his deal and Benfica definitely won't be paying him a higher salary than he's been getting from United. If United get anything, it'll be maybe like €1-2m at most. I would expect it'll be a free transfer though.

Bebé to Benfica is a chance for him to rebuild his image as a player. he'll take whatever we offer him, he can't go bigger than us at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom