• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/16/louis-van-gaal-flies-in-mark-manchester-united?CMP=twt_gu

Louis van Gaal began his first official day as Manchester United manager on Wednesday by being briefed by his staff, Albert Stuivenberg, Marcel Bout and Ryan Giggs, regarding which players had impressed during his absence, before the Dutchman took his first session at 5.30pm.

Van Gaal addressed the players regarding his ambitions – he stated that reclaiming the championship is next season’s aim – but it was Stuivenberg, his assistant coach, and Bout, the chief opposition scout, who had led the debrief regarding the squad, with his countrymen having emerged as the more prominent figures when leading training.

Van Gaal was unable to meet all of the club staff but at 1pm he took lunch with the first-team players and young players plus their respective coaching staffs, as he had ordered, and which will be the ongoing routine.

The players had been at Carrington since 9.30am for the first of the double sessions Van Gaal had ordered, with the first of them being taken by his backroom team. After lunch the squad were told to report back for the 5.30pm session, with players free to go home or sleep on site, as Van Gaal prepared to lead them for the first time.

As Thursday is expected to be a day off for the squad to be with their families before flying to Los Angeles around noon on Friday, Van Gaal will devote the day to speaking with Woodward and agents regarding his pursuit of players, with Mats Hummels another potential acquisition.

As Vidal was a target for Moyes he remained on the list retained by United for Van Gaal to consider. However, the Dutchman recently informed the executive that he was not interested in him.

All JJ mind you.

I think they mean that Conte talked with our board two months ago, after Seedorf has been sacked there were some reports about him signing with Milan. Then he decided to stay with Juve, Milan promoted Inzaghi and this deal was off.

Clearly at this point Inzaghi will be our coach at least for one season: the staff was presented yesterday, we had to sign a couple of people from other clubs per Pippo's request (Gianni Vio for example), the transfer market has been set up (sort of) to buy players helpful to our next formation and so on.

Interesting. I didn't know he had ever been in contact with Milan.

Stubo

Is it just me or is the AI/rubberbanding in Motorstorm (Pacific Rift) horrendous.

I'm LTTP on this series, thought I'd check it out since it's probably the last 'good' racing franchise I've not played. I'm ~75% through the game golding everything and it's starting to get properly stupid.

Suen

have you ever cheated on your significant other?

ieWQRwVFXk29S.png

Salvadora

Is it just me or is the AI/rubberbanding in Motorstorm (Pacific Rift) horrendous.

I'm LTTP on this series, thought I'd check it out since it's probably the last 'good' racing franchise I've not played. I'm ~75% through the game golding everything and it's starting to get properly stupid.
Not just you, it's awful.

Turned me right off the game.

Barzul

Sport Witness ‏@Sport_Witness 3m
Bayern Munich have contacted Real Sociedad over Antoine Griezmann. [DV]

Exceptional?

Interesting. I didn't know he had ever been in contact with Milan.

I don't have anything confirmed by Conte or Milan on my hands, I think nobody actually does outside of those two (not even this "friend", who, btw, is a TV presenter. And a bad one, too). I remember that back in May something came up, Conte wanted to leave, Milan was without a coach, Conte wanted a new challenge and so on. Then, as Yurt said, it didn't really made sense to leave a team that doesn't really make a great mercato every year to another that doesn't make an actual mercato since 2010, so he decided to stay with Juve.

Arnie

Meier, your assessment is one that ignores everything that has happened in the past.

Liverpool have always nurtured their brightest talents and brought them through to the first team. Always. And with Rodgers in charge that will only intensify.

Players like Flanagan and Sterling won't disappear. Neither will the likes of Ibe and Rossiter. Many won't make it, but unlike at City and United these players will be given a chance to prove that they can.

And it's not something that fundamentally precludes winning, as seen by the likes of Barca, Dortmund and Bayern.

Really feels like Sturridge turned a corner when he joined us

Think I heard that he felt his move to us would be the move that either out his career back on the right path, or would lead to him ending up at a Fulham or someone if he didn't knuckle down.

Not that he was unprofessional before, but he's a completely different player now to the one I thought he was before he joined

We have to go for Shaqiri if Bayern get Griezmann

Meier, your assessment is one that ignores everything that had happened in the past.

Liverpool have always nurtured their brightest talents and brought them through to the first team. Always. And with Rodgers in charge that will only intensify.

Players like Flanagan and Sterling won't disappear. Neither will the likes of Ibe and Rossiter. Many won't make it, but unlike at City and United these players will be given a chance to prove that they can.

And it's not something that fundamentally precludes winning, as seen by the likes of Barca, Dortmund and Bayern.

Come again?

Stubo

Not just you, it's awful.

Turned me right off the game.
I'm doing a 'win this race on a bike because fuck you' event right now and every vehicle seems to have the objective of smashing me and themselves into trees/rocks instead of crossing the line first.

I love racing games but the rubberbanding is extremely frustrating.

Terry being a Chelsea youth makes me respect him a lot for some reason. Like, he had to be the absolute cream of the crop to get through there and stay at the top for as long as he has, not to mention remaining as Chelsea's most iconic figure (imo)

inky

I'd probably keep Fellaini unless the money is immediately put to use in one of the big targets (a great CM or CB). He's probably worth more to keep than United would get for him after the ridiculous fee they paid.

I also want Hernandez to get more playing time, but he seems intent on staying, so hopefully he is been considered and given more minutes than last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom