• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

10298731_752329191455253_2191778151035247286_n.jpg

Pennywise

If we start bad, Dortmund has definitely a shot at the title.

We're both up to shaky start, if our national players aren't fit or integrated.

Bayern :
Manuel Neuer, Philipp Lahm, Dante, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Jérôme Boateng, Julian Green, Arjen Robben, Thomas Müller, Mario Götze, Javi Martínez, Xherdan Shaqiri

Dortmund :
Weidenfeller, Durm, Hummels, Großkreutz, Adrian Ramos, Ciro Immobile, Mitchell Langerak, Sokratis, Dong-Won Ji, Ginter

Allthough some of our players might be back faster, it's kinda shitty.
We both had key players leaving and have to integrate new players.

Will be a weird start.
Kuba and Subotic were out for so long, Gündogan and Reus are still missing....

Meier

Utopia s01e03

Fuck me this is dark

No way an American show would ever do this

David Fincher is leading a remake for HBO for the record.

(Yes, it seems stupidly premature, but then again we're getting Broadchurch/Gracepoint with the same actor before s2 is even out in the UK)

Blablurn

We're both up to shaky start, if our national players aren't fit or integrated.

Bayern :
Manuel Neuer, Philipp Lahm, Dante, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Jérôme Boateng, Julian Green, Arjen Robben, Thomas Müller, Mario Götze, Javi Martínez, Xherdan Shaqiri

Dortmund :
Weidenfeller, Durm, Hummels, Großkreutz, Adrian Ramos, Ciro Immobile, Mitchell Langerak, Sokratis, Dong-Won Ji, Ginter

Allthough some of our players might be back faster, it's kinda shitty.
We both had key players leaving and have to integrate new players.

Will be a weird start.
Kuba and Subotic were out for so long, Gündogan and Reus are still missing....

i think HE is up to smth them

viU7WfP.jpg

Meier

Love watching Chelsea and City fans talk about their ickle ressies.

Let's be honest, the only reason the Liverpool kids got a chance was because the squad was very weak and they had no other options due to years of disappointing results. You're spending boatloads now though.. this will mark a similar end of the road for youth products at Liverpool.

Salvadora

Let's be honest, the only reason the Liverpool kids got a chance was because the squad was very weak and they had no other options due to years of disappointing results. You're spending boatloads now though.. this will mark a similar end of the road for youth products at Liverpool.
Eh, don't think that will be the case.

Liverpool are a different type of organisation compared to City/Chelsea and Rodgers comes across a manager who puts a large focus on developing youth. It's not like Liverpool haven't spent a lot of money on players before either.

Just like Wenger.

Word.

Besides, I think complaints about "not playing the youth herp derp" are dumb anyway. Football clubs aren't fucking day cares and in a business where short term gains are much more attractive than long term planning, buying experienced players rather than praying young ones turn out well is better.

Word.

Besides, I think complaints about "not playing the youth herp derp" are dumb anyway. Football clubs aren't fucking day cares and in a business where short term gains are much more attractive than long term planning, buying experienced players rather than praying young ones turn out well is better.

Hahahahahahahahaha oh wow

wedward

Word.

That's the oil money talking alright.

Word.

lol spoken like a true oil barren

Barzul

There isn't actually anything solid linking us to Schneiderlin.

I'd be surprised if that happened.

In other news - Forbes most valuable teams in the world:

1. Real Madrid (3.44 billion)
2. Barcelona (3.2 billion)
3. Manchester United (2.81 billion)
7. Bayern Munich (1.85 billion)
16. Arsenal
48. Chelsea
49. Manchester City
50. AC Milan

We big, baby.

Where is Liverpool in that list? History tells me they are one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Meier

Eh, don't think that will be the case.

Liverpool are a different type of organisation compared to City/Chelsea and Rodgers comes across a manager who puts a large focus on developing youth. It's not like Liverpool haven't spent a lot of money on players before either.

Just like Wenger.

Doubt it. There is an expectation of success now especially since they'll probably end up spending some £100m or so this summer. They'll continue to buy more established players at this point especially if they want to continually challenge for top 4.

Doubt it. There is an expectation of success now especially since they'll probably end up spending some £100m or so this summer. They'll continue to buy more established players at this point especially if they want to continually challenge for top 4.

We'll buy established players like we always have, and when a youth player performs to a higher standard than the established player, he will take his spot in the squad/team

@Dissonance, who are you on Steam? I forgot :p

I'm confused by this: http://football-italia.net/52207/friend-conte-had-milan-deal

Why would Conte have a deal with Milan if Inzaghi is the coach? Doesn't make much sense.
I think they mean that Conte talked with our board two months ago, after Seedorf has been sacked there were some reports about him signing with Milan. Then he decided to stay with Juve, Milan promoted Inzaghi and this deal was off.

Clearly at this point Inzaghi will be our coach at least for one season: the staff was presented yesterday, we had to sign a couple of people from other clubs per Pippo's request (Gianni Vio for example), the transfer market has been set up (sort of) to buy players helpful to our next formation and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom