• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

At first I wanted Messi to win it.

But Ozil winning the FA Cup and then the World Cup and then doing the treble with Arsenal would be pretty cool.

Croyles

If you are LVG and you sub out your keeper for penalties surely you have to consistently see this through and do it for every match after that.

There was just no way that keeper had any confidence after the last game.

jtb

Banned
At first I wanted Messi to win it.

But Ozil winning the FA Cup and then the World Cup and then doing the treble with Arsenal would be pretty cool.

no.

he must lose so that the treble can be his redemption, the redemption Gervinho never had a chance to fulfill. also, fuck bayern

fuenf

details pls
Scholl on LVG:
Overly complicated tactics, the Netherlands fell apart during the last 2 games, it looked like the players were afraid to make a tactical mistake and played it back instead. He had the impression that LVG wanted to prove that he isnt just a great coach but the greatest with his tactics. His unnecessary goalkeeper antics resulted in destroying the confidence of the #1 keeper...

basically sounded like he was just summarizing LVG's stint at Bayern. ;)Yeah that's Louis in a nutshell.

I'd rather we had played Holland.

This bad Messi will win it all.

that's my fear too. I believe he'll be able to kick it up a notch or two.

If you are LVG and you sub out your keeper for penalties surely you have to consistently see this through and do it for every match after that.

There was just no way that keeper had any confidence after the last game.

Confidence did not matter for that keeper. He's never saved a pen in his career.

Elchele

Scholl on LVG:
Overly complicated tactics, the Netherlands fell apart during the last 2 games, it looked like the players were afraid to make a tactical mistake and played it back instead. He had the impression that LVG wanted to prove that he isnt just a great coach but the greatest with his tactics. His unnecessary goalkeeper antics resulted in destroying the confidence of the #1 keeper...

basically sounded like he was just summarizing LVG's stint at Bayern. ;)Yeah that's Louis in a nutshell.

yep. the "playstation coach" thing, players can't use their brains or he gets mad

jtb

Banned
Netherlands barely created anything all game. I don't know if that's considered playing for penalties or just playing poorly but if your keeper can't even save a penalty (AND all your players already took penalties last time around) then they probably could have benefited from pushing a few more men forward.

Yen

I really don't think Netherlands impressed at all in the knockout rounds, nor was I wowed by the keeper sub.

FootballFan

Zabaleta battled on with that injury. Respect.

Palacio, Aguero and lavezzi pls improve. PLEASE.

Really happy with the outcome.

Either deutschland or Messi. Happy with either.

fuenf

I just realized that Argentina advancing could make watching the final in Barcelona a little bit more interesting to me, figure the Barca fans will root for Messi / against Germany=

Marc

:lol

what a strange observation

Dat tenuous City name drop.

LVG doesnt take the easy route or complete players. He wants to shape them, he wants to be known as their discoverer / creator.

Kroos is younger than Vidal, its not like he has made a Messi, Ronnie or whoever in his time.

Is he going to bring through Nick Powell or someone at united? I will bet on that being a no.

K1LLER7

LVG did well. Got an average Holland to the World Cup Semi-final. Now on to more pressing matters at Manchester United.

Look forward to seeing how he gets us playing.

FootballFan

Gotta say, the main complaint about Argentina has always been the defending, they've done really well this wc.

Maradona used fkin Gutierrez as Rb. Sigh.

Clegg

Van Persie needs a rest for a few weeks before rejoining the United squad. Has been very much off the boil since the start of the knockouts. Looks like LVG could officially start as early as this day next week.

Expect more transfer stuff to happen once he's fully in charge.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You just don't want Italy's stars to be matched right? :p
Please don't take this away from Italy

I like Germany's team though and it would be cool if they win it. And I think they will:

Brazil had to wait 24 years for their next WC

Italy: 1982 -24 yrs- 2006
Germany: 1990 + 24 = 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom