• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
Van Persie needs a rest for a few weeks before rejoining the United squad. Has been very much off the boil since the start of the knockouts. Looks like LVG could officially start as early as this day next week.
He really does. Has been very off since the knockout phase.

scently

I think hating on LVG is ridiculous. This Holland team is quite weak, with only Robben and, initially, RVP as the real solid players they have. That they got to the semis and beaten only through penalties is an achievement they should be proud of. Saying his tactics is terrible is really overlooking the fact that that is what got them here in the first place, and destroying the previous WC holders en-route.

Anyway, I think Germany will take this one, unless Messi, ADM, and Aguero decide to give it all their best.

Suen

You're laughing at Van Gaal for getting to the semis when everyone thought they would lose in the group stages.

Calma calma.

Yes Messi!! Glad Argentina won.
You don't understand KidA. I'm laughing because it's funny. I'm laughing because I want to believe that Van Gals facial expression was a glimpse of the near future.

Marc

Argentina winning in Brazil will be pretty hilarious.

2548958-8619868524-no.gi.gif

No it bloody won't.

Whenever you set your stall out like that and lose - well you come in for some criticism and you have to take it really.

But yeah on the whole Holland have done better than most people expected of them. Just don't really have the required quality.

Hope Messi does it.

So, I wanted to ask for some advice or rather if someone had been in a similar situation. My friends just laugh it off as no problem and I don't really want to talk about it with my family, so here you go, guys. I have to get up early tomorrow, so don't expect an answer in the next few hours. Thought I might as well post it now since it's already done, though.

I think I have some kind of fear of commitment and it's really annoying me lately. See, I've never been in a proper relationship. Because I spent the whole day playing games and watching/playing football in my teens and since I went to university, I've enjoyed the single life and being (more or less) completely independent way too much. In fact, I still enjoy the single life but I feel like I'm missing out at the same time. I'm 22 now, people I went to school with already get married and shit and here I am having not a single experience of a proper relationship.

But while I'd love to start something serious, I can't. Since I've started thinking about it, my head has started to go crazy and I always do stupid stuff lately. Like, if I meet someone at a night out, I "run away" in the morning at the latest. And it's like I'm back to my 14-year-old self when sober in that regard. If there's a girl I'm interested in on a train/class/whatever giving obvious signals, I do fuck all. I don't know why. Hell, there's this girl who I think is cute as fuck in one of my classes for almost two months now, I still haven't done shit. It's not about my confidence, I have no trouble with girls in general but I panic at the thought of "she's nice, that could be working". It's bothering the hell out of me but I don't know how I could change it. Already considered that I could be afraid of getting hurt but I must admit I enjoy being miserably every now and then way too much, so I doubt that's the main problem.

I know there are obvious and simple answers, like "just go for it", but I've been on this for a few months now. And I don't really know what else to expect as an answer but, well yeah, maybe someone has a good idea before I have to go to a psychiatrist :lol

wedward

So, I wanted to ask for some advice or rather if someone had been in a similar situation. My friends just laugh it off as no problem and I don't really want to talk about it with my family, so here you go, guys. I have to get up early tomorrow, so don't expect an answer in the next few hours. Thought I might as well post it now since it's already done, though.

I think I have some kind of fear of commitment and it's really annoying me lately. See, I've never been in a proper relationship. Because I spent the whole day playing games and watching/playing football in my teens and since I went to university, I've enjoyed the single life and being (more or less) completely independent way too much. In fact, I still enjoy the single life but I feel like I'm missing out at the same time. I'm 22 now, people I went to school with already get married and shit and here I am having not a single experience of a proper relationship.

But while I'd love to start something serious, I can't. Since I've started thinking about it, my head has started to go crazy and I always do stupid stuff lately. Like, if I meet someone at a night out, I "run away" in the morning at the latest. And it's like I'm back to my 14-year-old self when sober in that regard. If there's a girl I'm interested in on a train/class/whatever giving obvious signals, I do fuck all. I don't know why. Hell, there's this girl who I think is cute as fuck in one of my classes for almost two months now, I still haven't done shit. It's not about my confidence, I have no trouble with girls in general but I panic at the thought of "she's nice, that could be working". It's bothering the hell out of me but I don't know how I could change it. Already considered that I could be afraid of getting hurt but I must admit I enjoy being miserably every now and then way too much, so I doubt that's the main problem.

I know there are obvious and simple answers, like "just go for it", but I've been on this for a few months now. And I don't really know what else to expect as an answer but, well yeah, maybe someone has a good idea before I have to go to a psychiatrist :lol

This is what happens when Ballack steals yo girl.

Lightning

Banned
Extremely proud of both LvG and the players. Got a hard group, many thought we wouldn't get out of it, and we managed the semi finals. Just disappointed we couldn't pull through.

Sad day.

Marc

Just go for it.

Or beat up Ballack, he has to be stopped.

You're only 22, when you're 35 and alone you might have a problem so calm down a bit. Take the pressure off yourself, take it easy and see where things lead. Take a small step and ask that girl out for a coffee, you're not exactly getting married with a coffee so should hopefully make it through that. Leave things up in the air and come back here or to friends and see where your head is at then decide what next. Just do that small step.

FootballFan

Extremely proud of both LvG and the players. Got a hard group, many thought we wouldn't get out of it, and we managed the semi finals. Just disappointed we couldn't pull through.

Sad day.

Unlucky mate. Netherlands were one of the most impressive teams. Argentina defended really well but in the end, Pk shootouts are harsh.

Pennywise

Relax Milch, forcing it won't work. Get in touch with the girls and start a normal conversation with no thoughts behind it. If you get to know them better, it's alot more relaxing and eventually your fear of Ballack will vanish. And being single sucks, at least if you found the right person.

Elchele

I also have commitment problems. I start going out with X girl I really like, but when the relationship starts getting 'real', I usually stop because of it. I'm trying to 'fight' against it now, because you miss out in a lot of great things. If you can you should go to therapy, it could help.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

I'm genuinely drunk but so I'll prob post something else for you tmw but for starters

Getting married at 22 is not normal :lol and you don't need a psychiatrist you just a need someone to kick you up the arschloch. One day you'll look back and regret every single girl you 'passed' on. You don't want that now do you? Seriously "go for it" is spot on, what's the worst that could happen EH? She says no? Good, that's one crush off your list (if shes in ur class, if you're in a club go to the next girl :lol)

Sure being independent and lazy is fun and everything but lets be honest here, nothing in life beats sleeping with your girl/guy/Ballack.

And relax I have commitment issues too :lol its pretty normal. I'd prob never get married until I knock someone up :lol you don't have to MARRY the girl ffs, just go out and have fun and have sex and watch BVB together

AND ALWAYS WEAR A CONDOM

arkon

This is what your players have been going through in the last few years when deciding whether to commit to the club. Hopefully you'll have more empathy for Gotze and Lewandowski now.

Yen

Yurt, my parents got married at 22. Are they not normal? Am I the spawn of an unholy union? Is that what you're saying. It sounds like that's what you're saying.

Gambit

oh man, I am devastated for Holland. Really wanted them to go through (regardless of Germany).

Ironic that van Gaal's need to prove he is not only a great coach (which he is) but an absolute genius above all others (which he isn't) undid them at the end.

Still, without him they'd have never got this far.

If you think it'll help, do it. I haven't heard of anybody who went to a session and then came back saying, "GOD! WHAT A TERRIBLE IDEA!"

But there's nothing wrong with you regardless. Relationship signifies different things for different people. It'll come around when you're ready.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt, my parents got married at 22. Are they not normal? Am I the spawn of an unholy union? Is that what you're saying. It sounds like that's what you're saying.
No no that's not what I meant

Nowadays you rarely see couples getting married in their early 20s. Not exactly the best time to stick with one for life

wedward

Messi is going to win Argentina the world cup and Argentinians will still prefer Carlitos because he came up and stayed true.

Cruel world.

Arnie

I too am going to work and have to be up in five hours Milch, but let me tell you without any hint of hyperbole that our situations are EXACTLY THE SAME.

Age. Situation. Fear towards any hint of commitment. If I'm honest it does worry me.

FootballFan

Messi is going to win Argentina the world cup and Argentinians will still prefer Carlitos because he came up and stayed true.

Cruel world.

Some people in the wc thread are saying even if he wins wc, he hasn't performed good enough to make him closer to being GOAT.

Lol.

LNBL

Man this could have ended so different, but unfortunately we ran out of subs before the PK :( Should have started with De Jong on the bench, though I was happy to seem him in the starting 11 at first.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I too am going to work and have to be up in five hours Milch, but let me tell you without any hint of hyperbole that our situations are EXACTLY THE SAME.

Age. Situation. Fear towards any hint of commitment. If I'm honest it does worry me.
And you're genuinely attractive

Ffs I can't punch you in the face all the way from here

SO PUNCH YOURSELF

Guys, you don't have to commit to the girl, you can just be an awful boyfriend you know :lol

Firemind

Man this could have ended so different, but unfortunately we ran out of subs before the PK :( Should have started with De Jong on the bench, though I was happy to seem him in the starting 11 at first.

Should have started RVP on the bench, but being the captain and ManU player, of course LVG wasn't going to desert him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom