• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vidal has had plenty opportunities to kill off any speculation but hasn't done so
REALLY?????? :lol :lol You would think saying "Juve is just as big" and "I don't mind staying here for life" is enough :lol

Talk is cheap though Artorias. :)

And yeah his house was robbed not that long ago, true. Anything his neighbours would say is outdated anyway since that was months ago, way before your apparent interest

REALLY?????? :lol :lol You would think saying "Juve is just as big" and "I don't mind staying here for life" is enough :lol

And yeah his house was robbed not that long ago, true. Anything his neighbours would say is outdated anyway since that was months ago, way before your apparent interest

Being serious - he said those things as caveats. If he really wanted to kill it off he'd just say "i'm not leaving".

I know it's not that simple - but he's not really helped to dispel the rumours.

Zabojnik

IT'S OVER, YURT. IT'S ALL. FUCKING. OVER. CHRIST.

I don't know if we will start slow in terms of points on the board or not but I am pretty concerned about our team adapting to LvG's visie and structuur.

Alot of our players are really stupid, I get the sense of that anyway. In a tactical sense I mean.

Think a strong start is important mostly for confidence though. Last season will have hurt alot of the players and if we don't get results early on I think they'll find it tough to believe in themselves again.

Felt Adnan became stupider as the season went on due to Moyes. He went from an elegant #10 to a winger that just tries to dribble past players. Of course he still had some real quality performances, but his playstyle changed. He went from a player that used to come for the ball at every opportunity to a player that would just wait on the wing waiting for the ball to come his way.

That's why I'm happy with LVG. I didn't want Moyes teaching this kid and ruining his potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOt5fCij1nU

That's how he used to play for the reserves even when played on the wing or as the 9.

Moyes has properly fucked him. He taught him that movement is shit, getting to the byline and crossing is the most creative way to break a team down, and that the perfect way to train is not to work with the ball, but rather run as much as you can.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
In case you missed it ManU GAF:

-one of our ITK ultras said we're selling Vidal in August for 50 million (euros)
-La Stampa is reliable when it comes to Juve most of the time.

;)

Tbh I think the only person who really knows what's going to happen is Vidal himself, so we'll know for sure after he comes back from his holiday in a few days

Stop selling your lies Yurt!

I am expecting a slow start due to the players having to adapt to LVG's ideas, but the fact there is an actual fucking plan will be comfort. I expect slow start, come good after Xmas, finish third/fourth.

It is very hard to call, Fergie got an extra 50% out of half the players during his last year, if LvG is that type of manager then maybe we dont need much reinforcements? But if he cant then we definately do need them.

From my perspective I am skeptical that half the squad can improve enough to get top4, but the fuck do i know?

Felt Adnan became stupider as the season went on due to Moyes. He went from an elegant #10 to a winger that just tries to dribble past players. Of course he still had some real quality performances, but his playstyle changed. He went from a player that used to come for the ball at every opportunity to a player that would just wait on the wing waiting for the ball to come his way.

That's why I'm happy with LVG. I didn't want Moyes teaching this kid and ruining his potential.

That's how he used to play for the reserves even when played on the wing or as the 9.

Moyes has properly fucked him. He taught him that movement is shit, getting to the byline and crossing is the most creative way to break a team down, and that the perfect way to train is not to work with the ball, but rather run as much as you can.

Ha, yeah, I agree. But Januzaj can follow instructions - that's what I was getting it.

I really don't know if alot of our players will be able to do that and actually understand what the manager wants.

Januzaj will be fine though. He didn't play too much in the second half of the season, which on the whole I still think is good for him. Expecting good things this season. A nice aim would be 10 goals.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I would love Janujaz to be a starter next year, him and Mata are my favourite players <3

K1LLER7

Ha, yeah, I agree. But Januzaj can follow instructions - that's what I was getting it.

I really don't know if alot of our players will be able to do that and actually understand what the manager wants.

Januzaj will be fine though. He didn't play too much in the second half of the season, which on the whole I still think is good for him. Expecting good things this season. A nice aim would be 10 goals.
Yep. Looking foward to seeing how he does this season.

Mr Cola

They're both useless in red.

Everyone was useless under Moyes, Adnan was one of the better performers. Mata had a good end of season.

I have absolutely no idea how well either will play under LvG.

subtles

The damage is already done. Like poor Pacheco/Suso/Wilson etc under Hodgson.

It's over. I'm sorry.

FootballFan

Don't worry Yurt.

b0OSHGL.jpg

I don't know about lot. Top of my head I say Mata, Herrera, Shaw, Kagawa, Rafael, De Gea, Janunaj, RVP, Carrick, Valencia, Welbeck should be fine. I think Evans will be fine too.

Rooney, Cleverly, Jones, Young are suspect. If Rooney can swallow his pride he can thrive under LVG.

KidA I really don't think you're in the position to opaquely judge Januzaj's development.

Or lack thereof.

I'm the best person to judge him because I have watched him at youth levels. I know his strengths and I know his weaknesses. I don't just jizz over a youth player based on a pre season match like you do with Ibe.

Clegg

Young needs to go. His theatrics are an embarrassment to the club which possibly could've been tolerated if he was putting in good performances, but he's not. He can't beat defenders with trickery or pace and apart from the occasional blooter, has no end product. He's just a dumb footballer who's deathly afraid of trying anything other than a cut inside and cross.

But even then he isn't 100% to blame. For far too long United have adhered to a functional style which was about grinding out results. It didn't leave much room for fluid tactics or a progressive style. Ferguson deserves some of the blame for that. On not even sure if "blame" is the word that I should use. That style still won us matches and championships, but there is no doubt in my mind that performances were getting worse in the last years of his tenure and he didn't attempt to put that right.

I seem to remember Young being a slightly better player for Villa than he is at United. He joined in attacks by moving in centrally from his position out wide. At United there is precious little of this. He's out on the wing and isn't getting much service because our midfield is so poor. A new midfield will hopefully sort some of those problems as they'd be able to find our wingers in better attacking positions. Young shouldn't be a part of that though.

Mr Cola

Hixx was on me a few weeks ago for having my earbuds in and listening to music while I was getting served in budgens, the women asked me three times what I was listening to and refused to keep scanning the items, I didnt hear her first two times but on noticing that she had stopped I took one and out and said "Some football thing" then put them back in.

Apparently Im the bad guy here even though she stopped our entire transaction to ask me a useless question.

Wooden was on my side

Young needs to go. His theatrics are an embarrassment to the club which possibly could've been tolerated if he was putting in good performances, but he's not. He can't beat defenders with trickery or pace and apart from the occasional blooter, has no end product. He's just a dumb footballer who's deathly afraid of trying anything other than a cut inside and cross.

But even then he isn't 100% to blame. For far too long United have adhered to a functional style which was about grinding out results. It didn't leave much room for fluid tactics or a progressive style. Ferguson deserves some of the blame for that. On not even sure if "blame" is the word that I should use. That style still won us matches and championships, but there is no doubt in my mind that performances were getting worse in the last years of his tenure and he didn't attempt to put that right.

I seem to remember Young being a slightly better player for Villa than he is at United. He joined in attacks by moving in centrally from his position out wide. At United there is precious little of this. He's out on the wing and isn't getting much service because our midfield is so poor. A new midfield will hopefully sort some of those problems as they'd be able to find our wingers in better attacking positions. Young shouldn't be a part of that though.

100% Agreed. Young has to go.

Fergie never saw the problems with the squad because he was able to get 150% out of it. United fans have been screaming for midfield players for 2-3 seasons before Fergie retired and it never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom