• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I see Jordi Hiwula finished his hat trick for the U21s. He's a future star of England -- goal-scoring machine. Apparently he is less interested on going to Crewe this season than staying at the club. League 1 probably isn't worth it to be honest.

Other scorer (who assisted Hiwula's 3rd) was Thierry Ambrose. He's going to be our next Marcos Lopes. Ridiculously good.

I see Jordi Hiwula finished his hat trick for the U21s. He's a future star of England -- goal-scoring machine. Apparently he is less interested on going to Crewe this season than staying at the club. League 1 probably isn't worth it to be honest.

Other scorer (who assisted Hiwula's 3rd) was Thierry Ambrose. He's going to be our next Marcos Lopes. Ridiculously good.

He's going to be 20 in September and has never played a first team game.

If he becomes a star - he's leaving it late.

Poor result but some good displays I think!

Holtby showed his characteristic spunk, being everywhere at once. I love him.
Lamela's main contribution was getting in a fight but its good to see him back in a white shirt (rather than topless on Instagram in someone's car.)
Cabellas was pretty confident on the ball, and it's nice to know he's alive. His move that won him that panalty was great - ditto Pendado.
Brad could see their third goal coming a mile away, he was already pointing at the runner.
Our defence is awful and bad.
Friedel cannot play the sexy Neuer/Lloris style of sweeper keeper and not just because of his age.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I am slowly finding out that the people with the best teams in FUT have no fucking idea how to play fifa :s

If you come across a silver team be fucking aware, usually those guys can play

L1NETT

Yeah, that's the story (http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Crew...City-striker/story-21463313-detail/story.html). We'll see how it pans out. He's probably good enough to be in the Championship at worse. I know Crewe are known for developing talent though so I wouldn't be surprised if he goes there in the end. Scored like 20+ goals last season for the U21s.

Never played league football, dunno about championship at worse

Look at Bamford last year, let' see if this kid can have a season like that before hyping him up the hoopla!

Looks a talent though. Would rather we get him but dem Crewe links

Him and Pogba

eeks

LIWgn2G.jpg

Zabojnik

Young player potential should be measured with the Sterling scale. Goes from 0 to 1 (Sterling). Well, 0 to 0.9999999etc. really, since nobody can ever be as good as Sterling. Berardi is currently at 0.86S.

If he was at Southampton or some other smaller club he'd have scratched the first team by now I'm sure. He did draw a penalty and convert it in our friendly vs Al-Ain at the end of last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f47lHB4oOm0#t=93 -- Sumptuous.

But he's not at Southampton, he's at City - who don't really give youth a chance.

U21 level only does so much and kills an awful lot of talent. Even if he is a prodigious talent, he's wasting it.

Scum

I am slowly finding out that the people with the best teams in FUT have no fucking idea how to play fifa :s

Of course they don't. Always been the way. Watch out for the players who play with 4* teams though.

FootballFan

The worst players play Ultimate Team.

AndresON777s favourite game mode is Ultimate Team, all I have to say.

I genuinely can't believe it's so popular lol.

Meier

Unless you watch him regularly I'm not sure you can say that.

I do. He's fast and strong, I've mentioned him a number of times. I think he's got a very nice future ahead of him.

But he's not at Southampton, he's at City - who don't really give youth a chance.

U21 level only does so much and kills an awful lot of talent. Even if he is a prodigious talent, he's wasting it.

Yeah, it's not ideal but this thread is very much against the B team idea I'm for so it is what it is. It doesn't hurt learning from Patrick though -- I'm sure he's doing these kids a lot of good.

Salvadora

Young player potential should be measured with the Sterling scale. Goes from 0 to 1 (Sterling). Well, 0 to 0.9999999etc. really, since nobody can ever be as good as Sterling. Berardi is currently at 0.86S.
I'd like to think not, considering Sterling has already peaked.

Scum

Poor result but some good displays I think!

Holtby showed his characteristic spunk, being everywhere at once. I love him.
Lamela's main contribution was getting in a fight but its good to see him back in a white shirt (rather than topless on Instagram in someone's car.)
Cabellas was pretty confident on the ball, and it's nice to know he's alive. His move that won him that panalty was great - ditto Pendado.
Brad could see their third goal coming a mile away, he was already pointing at the runner.
Our defence is awful and bad.
Friedel cannot play the sexy Neuer/Lloris style of sweeper keeper and not just because of his age.

Holtby as a started pls.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

I hated it too, then I put some time into it and now I love it.

Only complaint is the league system is shit for it, I dunno what they can do but a 10 game season feels unfulfilling.

Also the market is a joke, every player costs sub 3000 except for about 20 players who then cost 5m+

bobito

Banned
I don't get why kids sign up for big teams, surely it makes alot more sense to go with a smaller club where you at least have a chance of playing football

Classic Jose saying our spending is over! Crazy bastard, he still needs a partner to go with Matic and he has several others to sell and possibly buy

I hated it too, then I put some time into it and now I love it.

Only complaint is the league system is shit for it, I dunno what they can do but a 10 game season feels unfulfilling.

Also the market is a joke, every player costs sub 3000 except for about 20 players who then cost 5m+

What is your team looking like?

Yeah, it's not ideal but this thread is very much against the B team idea I'm for so it is what it is. It doesn't hurt learning from Patrick though -- I'm sure he's doing these kids a lot of good.

Haven't teams asked for him on loan? Or haven't City tried to find a club for him? Should have happened at least a year ago.

He should take any chance he gets. Playing in League 1 would be better than playing at u21 level. The u21 league isn't really that competitive - and you pick up bad habits if you play there for too long because you just don't really get a grasp of what "real" football is like.

He's played for 3 years at that level. More than enough - I'd say it's detrimental for any player to player to stick around it for that long.

Scum

It brings in a lot of money for EA though. Those players cost a shit load and everyone wants the best players too, innit. Good only know how German players must cost now. looool

jesalr

Daily Mail
Meanwhile, Sandro will not be leaving Spurs for Napoli this summer.

Rafael Benitez did have an interest in Tottenham’s midfielder, but will not pay the asking price set by Daniel Levy.

Spurs’ chief decision-maker has a reputation for driving a hard bargain but Benitez was stunned by the £16m fee.

Eat a dick Napoli, and Levy I suppose.

I don't get why kids sign up for big teams, surely it makes alot more sense to go with a smaller club where you at least have a chance of playing football

Some may be attracted by money. Others may think that training under some of the best coaches and training facilities in the world are attractive to their development. First team football is not an end all be all to everyone.

Meier

He's played for 3 years at that level. More than enough - I'd say it's detrimental for any player to player to stick around it for that long.

I'm sure the club would prefer he accept the Crewe loan. We'll see what happens after the pre-season camp finishes. He missed most of 12/13 due to injury so last year was his first season being the primary striker for the U21s.

Hindle

Banned
Crewe have a few decent players coming through the academy. Max Clayton is showing promise.

Crewe, Southampton, Everton, Liverpool between them can hopefully produce a decent starting English 11.

bobito

Banned
Well, in his case, he's been at City since he was like 8 or so. Most all of the big clubs have far more players who are in this boat than players they've brought in from elsewhere.

Loool, well played.

Makes more sense if he has been there this long considering city use to give acedemy players a good chance. Its sad as I know what you mean about the b team thing. I'm not sure if it is a coincidence that the last two winners of the world cup had them.Would be good to have more coaches though as well

What i mean is if I had a choice between chelsea and charlton now as a youth player, i would pick charlton all day. As there is no way to really make it at chelsea or other massive clubs unless you are basically amazing from day 1

Mr Cola

What is your team looking like?

Still using my BPL team, pretty good now, everyone is dirt cheap and I ended up packing Silva, him and Toure are the only ones that cost over 2500.

muxuEtl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom