• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

2010/2011 was the last time United looked good. Rooney was motivated and happy to play with newly acquired Chicharito. Nani was still a professional player. Berbatov actually had a good season. We still had Scholes and Carrick began to get recognition. We still looked like a team with a bit of pace and could counter attack.

Selective memory, we were clanky as fuck in 10/11 and possibly more so than 12/13.

We haven't been truly entertaining to watch since 07/08.

Pennywise

Cigars in the summertime under the sky by the light I can feel you read my mind I can see it in your eyes under the moon as it plays like music every line there's a rug with bleeding dye under the fan in the room where the passions burning high by the chair with the leapoard skin under the light it's always penny and me tonight

Don't worry bae it's gonna be alright

iU4CkK0z0FJjb.gif

Hummels isn't leaving this season.
If you win the PL and LvG builds up a good squad, it might be different IF Dortmund is going down this season.
It's not going to happen though.

Close enough.

Ok, then. Both squads were shit.

Our backline was worse than yours. Really no disputing that.

I honestly don't know how we conceded so few. On an individual basis, many players were having bad seasons.

Vidic was injured for the 2nd half of the season.
Rafael and Fabio were injured a lot that season and weren't nearly as good as in 2011.
Smalling was injured a bit, and also wasn't nearly as good as in 2011.
Evra was still shit.
Evans was reliable, but was much better in 2013 and 2014.
Jones started off well, but started performing worse in the 2nd half. I remember his Newcastle mistake well.
De Gea, was shaky in the first half of that season, but was great in the 2nd half which ultimately led to the Juan Mata freekick save.

I can't remember Rio's season tbh.

Jarnet87

Selective memory, we were clanky as fuck in 10/11 and possibly more so than 12/13.

We haven't been truly entertaining to watch since 07/08.

Definitely. I thought 2010/2011 was a decent year. At least Chicharito brought some excitement. 07/08 was so much fun.

Interesting, I wonder what the official rules are on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43-EtYWhhAc#t=17&hd=1

Vlaar's penalty is saved and then the ball rolls into the net while the keeper celebrates. I wonder when the penalty 'ends'? It can't be just after when the keeper touches it.

I'm certain there has been an incident in the past where that has happened and the goal was given. I would think the penalty 'ends' either when the ball goes out of play (ie missed) or the ball has stopped.

WJD

Definitely. I thought 2010/2011 was a decent year. At least Chicharito brought some excitement. 07/08 was so much fun.

It picked up slightly towards the end and represented Rooney's only decent stint in the hole but overall it was pretty dire. Nani and Berbatov we're dragging us through games on their own for a good portion of it.

It picked up slightly towards the end and represented Rooney's only decent stint in the hole but overall it was pretty dire. Nani and Berbatov we're dragging us through games on their own for a good portion of it.

Vidic and Smalling were dominant in 2011 as well. Vidic especially. Rafael was having a great season, but fell off in February.

Nani should have won PL player of the year over Bale. Bale winning was a disgrace.

Meier

Interesting, I wonder what the official rules are on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43-EtYWhhAc#t=17&hd=1

Vlaar's penalty is saved and then the ball rolls into the net while the keeper celebrates. I wonder when the penalty 'ends'? It can't be just after when the keeper touches it.

You can't tell in this view that Vlaar touches it after it bounces back. It also appears that the ball stops on the line anyway.

Here's a video which shows the ball bounce off him and actually does confirm that it stops on the line: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRZHqFKP_hQ

Lightning

Banned
It's almost like you're trying too hard to love him. That's not the case, I know. You genuinely love him. And why not? It almost seems that way though.
It's the crap he gets, he's actually done really well. Wished Arsenal players well throughout the world cup, now despite an upcoming world cup final he thinks of Arsenal's signing. When he signed we got the "He doesn't really want to be here" but he shows genuine care for the club. I love that from our players.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fucking hell...

Fiorentina patron Diego Della Valle blasted Cesare Prandelli for “running away from Italy. It’s in his DNA.”

The Azzurri Coach resigned after an early exit from the World Cup in Brazil and within days had taken a new job at Galatasaray.

“If there is someone who is no longer surprised by Prandelli’s behaviour, then that is me,” DDV told reporters in Rome today.

“I’ve seen him at work. Seeing him running away from Italy after the chaos he caused is not remotely out of character.

“It is in the man’s DNA. Prandelli is a person who is incapable of doing things properly. He manages to create a great profile in the media, but when it comes to proving himself with action he goes AWOL and doesn’t even have the modesty to explain what happened.
”

Oh FUCK OFF

De Laurentiis “Well, I can tell you that last year when I signed Higuain’s contract there was a €100m release clause.

“As you can see, the media are always misinformed. They dive into these stories and hypothesise, but do you really think that after 10 years running a club, someone who comes from cinema and produced more than 400 films doesn’t know how to write a player’s contract?

“Do you believe I am someone who doesn’t know how to negotiate a good deal?"
ADL <3
How can you kill that which has no height?

not you too Zabo

stop bullying me guys. Do you want me Pulga'd too?

Zabojnik

Morata is done. 18M&#8364; to Real. Buyback option set to 30M&#8364; if they buy him back next year, 35M&#8364; if they take him back in 2016.

WELCOME ALVARO!

bud

arsenal winning the treble next season, united failing to qualify for a cl spot, mourinho having another trophyless season, and liverpool returning to obscurity; next season is going to be wonderful.

it's happening m69s. the future is now.

Meier

Jesus at that story about Simeone being the one to break the news to the Argentine journalist's wife by tweeting his condolences. That is the most painful thing I've seen in awhile.

dc89

Looks like City have let Danny Barbir (USMNT young defender. He's a tank) go to West Brom. Shame.

Edit: oh it happened six days ago. I missed it.

Baki

Remember when people were crying because Wenger was playing beach volleyball and were worried he wasn't working on signings.

That was fun.

edit-I see Baki is still angry. Lovely.

Ofcourse, Chelsea smashed us 6-0 last season and now they've signed Costa, Fabregas and soon to add Pogba to that.

Yes, Sanchez is a good start. But if we want to challenge for the PL title. We need to match Chelsea's ambition. That means abother Sanchez-class signing at the minimum.

Meier

Looks like City have let Danny Barbir (USMNT young defender. He's a tank) go to West Brom. Shame.

Edit: oh it happened six days ago. I missed it.

It actually happened about 2 months ago. A shame, would have been nice to see an American kid come through. We apparently have a few coming from an academy in LA but they're very young (U-13).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom