• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

noal

Banned
Thanks for paying his huge wages since January bby. Much appreciated.

Pat-Riley.gif

PatRileyFaceLeBronTech.gif

iG9gWENm1h3q4.gif

He returns!

Welcome back.

Again, United's cash is completely legitimate and any expenditure made is in spite of the Glazer's if anything.

Liverpool too.

The only top clubs that need to be worrying about FFP are Chelsea and City.

We don't have anything to worry about. We've made massive sales (Luiz £40m-£50m, Mata for £37m, KdB for £20m) and saved a ton on wages - Lampard, Cole, Luiz with more to come in whoever we sell. Obviously Costa and Cesc weren't free for wages or transfers fees but its all covered by our recent outgoings and our sponsorship deals have never been higher than ever before plus the new TV money.

We don't need to be concerned about FFP if we want to have a big summer for buying.

Elchele

OMG

Sammer's been saying that they're thinking of playing Alaba at CM to replace Kroos.

I ca

nt

:lol:lol:lol

posted yesterday or 2 days ago
Alaba always said he wants to play as CM, like he does for Austria NT, so it's not a surprise. Still I think Højbjerg will take the empty spot in the XI

Wilbur

Banned
We don't have anything to worry about. We've made massive sales (Luiz £40m-£50m, Mata for £37m, KdB for £20m) and saved a ton on wages - Lampard, Cole, Luiz with more to come in whoever we sell. Obviously Costa and Cesc weren't free for wages or transfers fees but its all covered by our recent outgoings and our sponsorship deals have never been higher than ever before plus the new TV money.

We don't need to be concerned about FFP if we want to have a big summer for buying.

I think he meant in general, not just this summer.

Lightning

Banned
Our line up

DDG (when everyone still thought he was shit)
Smalling
Jones
Evans
Evra (when he was shit)
Nani
Anderson
Cleverley
Young
Welbeck
Rooney

I think many people would fucking die of laughter if we fielded that team now.

Yours was Chez; Jenko, Koscielny, Djourou, Traore; Ramsey, Coquelin; Rosicky, Walcott, Arshavin; RVP

Dont think there's an awful discrepancy between the two.
Our team was wank. You had the better wank players.

Jarnet87

OMG

Sammer's been saying that they're thinking of playing Alaba at CM to replace Kroos.

I ca

nt

:lol:lol:lol

When life gives you great fullbacks, you turn them into medioce midfielders.

8-2 Arsenal was a nice mirage of what could of been. The next week Kevin Davies (the shit) went and fucked Cleverly's foot, and that was the end of the Ando-Cleverly partnership being successful.

Walshy

I kinda have to agree, none of our signings/potential signings scream we are trying to get top 4 let alone win the league, yet Man U, Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea all show that intent. I'm starting to question Rodgers transfer clout. Tactically he is great but his transfers seem lacking in ambition/hoping for a surprise success that may never come.

At least he isnt a Dalglish MK2 at transfers, or Hodgson :/.
Spurs transfers looked brilliant last year when they shown intent, but look what happened there. Fellani and Mata looked as if United where showing intent, they didn't impact their season whatsoever, but Moyes was in charge.

We don't need too many first team players. It's the squad that needs improving. We've added a really promising defensive midfielder in Can. We've got a reliable third/fourth choice striker in Lambert. Lallana will really add something to our attack as well. His versatility and creativeness, especially with being ambidextrous will help our attack become even more fluid. It was a staple of Arsenal's attack last season, it will be nice to add that element to our attack as well.

Markovic is a good addition to the squad too. Hopefully we can add more first team players in soon though, starting with the defence. Also it's only July, so chill.

wedward

wedward pls read the last page post

Rvy <3

Just look at our back line. It's a fucking disaster. Shz was also pure shit at the time.

Coquelin was and still is garbage. Ramsey was shit back then. Our attacking options are pretty good, but that mid and backline is a disaster.

Probably shouldn't have given up 8, but when we collapse we collapse.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
All this silence since the Shaw, Herrera deals, this is going to go long I can feel it

WJD

I meant in general rather than just this summer.

Pennywise

I'm leaning towards Rodriguez after seeing his world cup performances. He's a fucking wall aside from the France match.

I guess if we have Flanagan on the right though, we want an attacking leftback, and I'm not sure if Rodriguez is good in attack since he was very much defense-first for Switzerland

BundesGAF, fill me in

He's pretty great.
75 games with 5 goals and 15 assists, and only 4 yellow cards.
He was shooting alot of free kicks last season and they we're always dangerous.

Allthough he still has to work on some things, he's pretty far for his age and would be a damn good signing for alot of clubs.

Man Utd are one of the too 4 clubs in the world, they make a metric fucktonne of money from sponsorships, merchandise, tickets sales etc

Say what you like about the way they spend it, but they make it legitimately

Of course they make it.
And with the deals they made lately, it's looking pretty good.
Still they had a massive debt in 2013, allthough it was shrinking by 10 percent.

I guess the cunt quota had to be filled by someone, now that we lost one today (maybe two). Welcome back RVY. Lets just not get NaughyGods back again then.

Wilbur

Banned
Just look at our back line. It's a fucking disaster. Shz was also pure shit at the time.

Coquelin was and still is garbage. Ramsey was shit back then. Our attacking options are pretty good, but that mid and backline is a disaster.

Everyone was laughing at DDG then. Did people rate Evans or Smalling? Evra was shit then too.

Anderson was a fat joke. Young is Young.

Lets not pretend that at the start of 2011/12 Arsenal fans saw both line ups and thought that "fuck that United team is much better"

He's pretty great.
75 games with 5 goals and 15 assists, and only 4 yellow cards.
He was shooting alot of free kicks last season and they we're always dangerous.

Allthough he still has to work on some things, he's pretty far for his age and would be a damn good signing for alot of clubs.

Of course they make it.
And with the deals they made lately, it's looking pretty good.
Still they had a massive debt in 2013, allthough it was shrinking by 10 percent.

Debt is debt I guess, but afaik it's easily servicable and exists because the Glazers leveraged debt on the club to buy it, rather than themselves, not because they spend money the club doesn't have.

Sounds strange and vaguely dodgy either way, but still

Bring me the Ricardo

WJD

Everyone was laughing at DDG then. Did people rate Evans or Smalling? Evra was shit then too.

Lets not pretend that at the start of 2011/12 Arsenal fans saw both line ups and thought that "fuck that United team is much better"

If I remember rightly that United team was tearing teams apart at that point and Arsenal were Arsenaling to the best of their abilities. On paper the teams were both shit but Rooney was on fire and Cleverley/Anderson was brilliant together.

rvy

Banned
rvy! Welcome back!
Hello Scum.

Please change your name to Sweetheart. Or Wonderful Person.

He returns!

Welcome back.

Thank you.

Hello rvy

Why you trying to do us wrong, man? You have plenty of midfielders. Why you trying to take our best player away? You should have paid Garay's wages.
He has no business being in Russia. Do they even play football in Russia? With the cold and the vodka and the funny bride business. What a waste.

Hello Mr. Sausage. Mr. Weenie. <3

Welcome back rvy :)

Tell me about Markovic
Gracias.

Good kid. Drinks too much when he wins titles. Drives while drunk.
Get a chauffeur and he'll be your best player in a couple of years.

ZABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Maddox

Why is everyone shitting bricks because Arsenal have signed Sanchez? They got all excited when they signed Ozil too.

They ended up in a battle for 4th with the toffees.

Clegg

All this silence since the Shaw, Herrera deals, this is going to go long I can feel it
Shaw and Herrera were relatively straightforward deals to make though. I imagine the players we're now targeting are with clubs who have their own lofty ambitions and no great financial burden a to ease. These transfers will always take longer.

Wilbur

Banned
Didn't FF say he was leaving too?
Zioey3m.png

I don't think so

If I remember rightly that United team was tearing teams apart at that point and Arsenal were Arsenaling to the best of their abilities. On paper the teams were both shit but Rooney was on fire and Cleverley/Anderson was brilliant together.

Yeah I remember us beating Bolton 5-0 as well, but the Arsenal game was only the second or third of the season. Think Bolton came after, Clev got injured and all our hopes died.

wedward

You won the league that year. Certainly not your best squad, but I refuse to accept that your back line was anywhere near as bad as Arsenal's.

Evra wasn't THAT shit.

Wilbur

Banned
You won the league that year. Certainly not your best squad, but I refuse to accept that your back line was anywhere near as bad as Arsenal's.

Evra wasn't THAT shit.

No we didn't, Citeh did

And yes, Evra has been shit for three years now.

I wanted to say hi to my dear pluga but I heard he left. What a sad story.

And it wasn't even before the end of the World Cup ;_;

WJD

Shaw and Herrera were relatively straightforward deals to make though. I imagine the players we're now targeting are with clubs who have their own lofty ambitions and no great financial burden a to ease. These transfers will always take longer.

We've got two more in us I think. One defensive signing (the Vermaelen rumours are too weird not to be taken seriously) and one genuine prospect with a name that probably ends in 'ic'.

Salvadora

So, Arsenal GAF, where does Sanchez play in our side?

Think with Walcott continuing his rehabilitation (until months into the season) he will be on the right wing.

But where after that? Admittedly, he's better than all our options on the left but I don't know if that's his most effective position. Can't put him in the middle either because, Ozil.

Our team was wank. You had the better wank players.

Probably shouldn't have given up 8, but when we collapse we collapse.

Are we looking at the same teams?

Smalling at rb. Ando and Cleverley. Ashley fucking Young. Jones and Evans (wasn't as good back then). Evra fell off in 2010/11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom