• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned

Horse person. I have grown fond of your hoofs.

There was another Horse. Parading around the WC thread. Or here. I don't remember.
He was a weird horse person. Brazilian horse. Do not associate with other horse people such as yourself.

Oh, Wenger signed Alexis. Neat. Should have signed Gaitán instead.

wedward

So, Arsenal GAF, where does Sanchez play in our side?

Think with Walcott continuing his rehabilitation (until months into the season) he will be on the right wing.

But where after that? Admittedly, he's better than all our options on the left but I don't know if that's his most effective position. Can't put him in the middle either because, Ozil.

On the right until Theo comes back. Maybe up top a bit. See how he does. We could have Ox on the right when he plays up top.

Are we looking at the same teams?

Smalling at rb. Ando and Cleverley. Ashley fucking Young. Jones and Evans (wasn't as good back then). Evra fell off in 2010/11.

You won the league with that squad. You were playing well at the time.

Meier

Why is everyone shitting bricks because Arsenal have signed Sanchez? They got all excited when they signed Ozil too.

They ended up in a battle for 4th with the toffees.

I don't think anyone is too worried about them yet (Liverpool fans probably have some room to worry). But it's a very good signing.

i've said it a few times here, but i'll just condense it. i'll be happy with the LFC transfer window if we get 3 first team defenders. LB, RB and CB

Clegg

I don't think there's much point in signing Sanchez and then putting him on a flank. Play him through the middle or as a roving forward.

3Sixty

Feyenoord connections mate. Get Eredivisie shopping. I recommend sigthorsson, I can get you a good price.

Castaignos/Tadic for dat link up play init.

No surprise we're in for a load of Eredivisie players.

Clasie looked good t'other night...

L1NETT

i've said it a few times here, but i'll just condense it. i'll be happy with the LFC transfer window if we get 3 first team defenders. LB, RB and CB

u wot m8

article_de6898c43545653b_1382353067_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

I don't think there's much point in signing Sanchez and then putting him on a flank. Play him through the middle or as a roving forward.

Agreed

Ozil and the like finally have someone who can stretch it who they can find, don't waste him with touchline hugging shite.

They have been bogged down by lumpy forwards, time to change I reckon

Linius

Argh, I wanna see the new CL groups :/
Gonna take so long until we know who we're up against.

And pot 2 for Dortmund once again :/

Also really want to know. Almost two months till the draw I think? :(

Castaignos/Tadic for dat link up play init.

No surprise we're in for a load of Eredivisie players.

Clasie looked good t'other night...

Was surprised to see the team improving so much when Clasie came on. He does well for Feyenoord as far as I know.

I would have liked Tadic for Ajax. Not that we would ever get him, Twente would never sell to us :p

Salvadora

On the right until Theo comes back. Maybe up top a bit. See how he does. We could have Ox on the right when he plays up top.
Aye, think this might be a case of testing the waters and seeing what works.

It would be an absolute dream if he could fit in up top, but I'm a tad doubtful.

We are going to have some serious pace in our side, that's for sure.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity

Think with Walcott continuing his rehabilitation (until months into the season) he will be on the right wing.

But where after that? Admittedly, he's better than all our options on the left but I don't know if that's his most effective position. Can't put him in the middle either because, Ozil.
Put Giroud on the bench where he belongs and put Alexis at 9. I'm sad to see him go, he was one of the lone bright spots in last season's trainwreck.

When are we going to announce Suarez already

Clegg

We've got two more in us I think. One defensive signing (the Vermaelen rumours are too weird not to be taken seriously) and one genuine prospect with a name that probably ends in 'ic'.
Vidalic will rip up trees next season.

Seriously tho. I'm genuinely curious as to who our back ups are for Hummels and Vidal. We can't go into the new season without another new cm or cb.

wedward

Aside from Theo none of our wide players play out on the flank really. I think if we play him with Giroud he will be pretty central.

I am hopeful he can play up top, but we will have to see how it goes.

Salvadora

Put Giroud on the bench where he belongs and put Alexis at 9. I'm sad to see him go, he was one of the lone bright spots in last season's trainwreck.

When are we going to announce Suarez already
Being able to bench Giroud will be a serious positive for next season.

Think it's sometimes understated just how much weight is on his shoulders.

Like, we literally had no options.

Jarnet87

Smalling at rb. Ando and Cleverley. Ashley fucking Young. Jones and Evans (wasn't as good back then). Evra fell off in 2010/11.

2010/2011 was the last time United looked good. Rooney was motivated and happy to play with newly acquired Chicharito. Nani was still a professional player. Berbatov actually had a good season. We still had Scholes and Carrick began to get recognition. We still looked like a team with a bit of pace and could counter attack.

You won the league with that squad. You were playing well at the time.

We didn't win the league. We lost on goal difference.

Fergie was Fergie. The reason we were close that year was because of Rppmey smashing in goals, Nani (before his injury) and Valencia tearing the wings apart, Scholes come back, and Carrick having his best season (before 2013). Most of the players in that lineup were terrible that season, but they were good the first 2-3 matches.

Wings: Young was good to start the season and reverted to being shit for the remaining 3/4 of the season.
Midfield: Ando and Cleverley were good for about 2-3 games to start the season before getting injured and going back to their shit form.
Defense: Smalling was plagued with injuries and wasn't as good as in 2011. Same with Fabio and Rafa. Jones started off well, but quickly reverted back to headless chicken. Evans wasn't that good that year.
Bench: Chicha and Park had their worst seasons.

Hummels isn't interested :)
Cigars in the summertime under the sky by the light I can feel you read my mind I can see it in your eyes under the moon as it plays like music every line there's a rug with bleeding dye under the fan in the room where the passions burning high by the chair with the leapoard skin under the light it's always penny and me tonight

Don't worry bae it's gonna be alright

Clegg

One of the reasons I want us to sign Di Maria is because he'd add some serious pace to the starring XI. We've some suberb attacking players in the side but they have no speed. And the ones who do have it are mostly crap.

Salvadora

From the looks of it, Theo has seriously bulked up during his time off.

True, he doesn't have anything else to do, but that could be a sign.

Would break my heart if he came back and had lost some of that pace.

wedward

We didn't win the league. We lost on goal difference.

Fergie was Fergie. The reason we were close that year was because of Rppmey smashing in goals, Nani (before his injury) and Valencia tearing the wings apart, Scholes come back, and Carrick having his best season (before 2013).

Close enough.

Ok, then. Both squads were shit.

Our backline was worse than yours. Really no disputing that.

Arsène's Son ‏@hughwizzy 1m
SHOTS FIRED @LFC RT @MesutOzil1088: welcome to @Arsenal
#AlexisSanchez – you definitely have chosen the right club! ;-) #AFC #SanchezSigns

Ozil is GOAT

Scum

<3 rvy.

Enjoy your break?

Sanchez on the left, Walcott on the right. Ozil in front of Ramsey & Schneiderlin in the middle. Sanchez, Walcott & Ozil free roaming.

Lightning

Banned

How many of those players in that team are now regulars? Coquelin had potential but gone, Jenkinson is emergency back up, Tarore and Djourou? Seriously? Arshavin had long since lost interest at Arsenal. Too many issues with that team and we were woeful on the day.

Flan and Dom as our 2 RBs isnt a terrible idea, but I get the feeling that just wouldnt cut it for a whole season with all the games we are bound to have (we need shot of Johnson no matter what though)

We've started going way over the top on the Johnson hate tbh

He's easily good enought to be second choice rightback imo, or 3rd at very least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom