• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fintan

I don't think it will fix us, but it will substantially improve us.

Having some proper counter-attacking menace out wide will help relieve some pressure from the middle, too.

In a perfect world we'd get someone a bit more cultured on the ball as well - Modric would be my muppet - but I don't really understand the naysayers against the Fellaini move; just because he plays for Everton and not Bayern/Barca doesn't mean he's a bad player. Brings a lot to our midfield that we don't have. I'm happy with him.

If we don't do any more business after that... at least we've done some business.

Yeah, this was pretty much what I was thinking. He gives your midfield something, even if it's not the same thing Fabregas or Modric would give. The price for him and Baines seems reasonable and combining that with the fact that Cesc and Modric seem unlikely to happen this window, it's a good signing. I'd have him at Chelsea.

Is there anyone a little less high profile than those two, but still suitable, that could happen this window?

bud

madrid have been the better side so far, passing the ball around more easily and fluidly.

chelsea's midfield is mediocre.

Salvadora

Ronaldo is desperate for a goal
KuGsj.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah, this was pretty much what I was thinking. He gives your midfield something, even if it's not the same thing Fabregas or Modric would give. The price for him and Baines seems reasonable and combining that with the fact that Cesc and Modric seem unlikely to happen this window, it's a good signing. I'd have him at Chelsea.

Is there anyone a little less high profile than those two, but still suitable, that could happen this window?

Mmmm... not off the top of my head. Players as good as those two and with skill sets like those two are few and far between. I'm sure there is someone... just can't think of anyone.

Baines :p

Alaba will be up there.

RAMIRESSSS OMG

Alaba's great, yeah. Cole, Baines, Alaba, Alba (although is a colossal cunt) and Marcelo is all I can think of really I would say is world class or close to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom