• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shagwell

Oh dear oh dear.

How many times did you see Everton over the last few years. Did they look boring on the highlights?

---

Roy Keane and Neville are the best pundits. Fact.

Gary Neville should have been appointed to the coaching staff for the Mancs. What does Phil know that he doesn't

Here's a half-time update from our man at Wembley, Greg Stobart:

"Having been pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere before kick-off, I must say that the atmosphere here is dreadful. It’s as quiet as I’ve ever heard a football stadium - and there must be around 70,000 people here. Not that the players gave them much to cheer in that dreary, soporific first-half. Manchester United just about deserve their lead but the supporters, and David Moyes will want to see more vibrancy in the final third after the break."

Welp.

Leaving this again

What did you think of Sebastian Perez trial @ Arsenal today? Any chances of staying?

Came on for 30 minutes, fouled Navas (IIRC) with a tackle from behind. That's really the only thing he did. But I do think we've already decided to take him on full-time. It would be bizarre to give someone outside of our club the final 30 minutes of the final pre-season game.

I really had no opinion of him before taking him on trial, and yesterday didn't change that; I'm just happy to have more people in to make up the numbers at this point.

DBT85

Gary Neville should have been appointed to the coaching staff for the Mancs. What does Phil know that he doesn't

I have to wonder as to the reasoning why he wasn't. Either Fergy didn't think he was worth it or Neville didn't want the job. Bearing in mind Moyes has Phil, Giggle and also wanted Scholes you have to assume Gary would have fit in very well.

pappe

I have to wonder as to the reasoning why he wasn't. Either Fergy didn't think he was worth it or Neville didn't want the job. Bearing in mind Moyes has Phil, Giggle and also wanted Scholes you have to assume Gary would have fit in very well.
I think he didn't want to take up a coaching job yet.

Or was that Scholes?

Wilbur

Banned

Will work with Sky until he finishes his coaching badges. England's a part time ting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom