• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Forgot to mention Kolo Toure. I honestly think we have signed Man city's second best defender. The man is a fucking tank, still very fast and is actually dangerous from set pieces.

Cheers City.

eugghhhhh watch a live game or wait for MOTD?????

I said at the time, Liverpool got a great defender who would get in to 17/20 teams in the pl.

He's good.

bud

for the first time in his life szczsczceszcszzssczsney stops a penalty, only to concede to assist a beneteke header half a second later.

Manager

Forgot to mention Kolo Toure. I honestly think we have signed Man city's second best defender. The man is a fucking tank, still very fast and is actually dangerous from set pieces.

Cheers City.

eugghhhhh watch a live game or wait for MOTD?????

He made some £100k at City, no way for the 4th choice.

Wes

venison crêpe
Benteke you knob.

Gonna get like +1 point for that, idiot.

Also...I don't think that should be a pen, he played advantage right....?

The played advantage is why he was only given a yellow I would bet as it was a clear red.

This is Vidic in the Carling Cup final all over again.

That the ref was able to play advantage and the VIlla winger still got a shot on goal after Agbonlahor was taken down probably stopped it from being "denying a clear goal scoring opportunity."

What's the rule on advantage though?

Cos he let it go and Villa did have an advantage...an open net, but Weimann missed.

Can you still pull it back?

Wes

venison crêpe
Does Benteke get the assist for his goal? Maybe that'll cover the penalty miss points subtraction.

Ouch, hope Gibbs is alright.

nemesun

Giroud needs to move to a bigger club if he wants to win anything.
RhQ5p.gif

Mastadon

Banned
But you have to call the foul immediately if it involves a player getting sent off, no?

Nope.

Advantage
The referee may play advantage whenever an infringement or offence occurs.
The referee should consider the following circumstances in deciding whether to apply the advantage or stop play:
• the severity of the offence: if the infringement warrants an expulsion, the referee must stop play and send off the player unless there is a subsequent opportunity to score a goal
• the position where the offence was committed: the closer to the opponent's goal, the more effective it can be
• the chances of an immediate, promising attack
• the atmosphere of the match
The decision to penalise the original offence must be taken within a few
seconds.
If the offence warrants a caution, it must be issued at the next stoppage.
However, unless there is a clear advantage, it is recommended that the referee stops play and cautions the player immediately. If the caution is NOT issued at the next stoppage, it cannot be shown later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom