• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Is Monaco - Tottenhosen on right now? The channel I'm watching it on says 'live', but I thought it ended 2-2 or something earlier?

Nah, it's live, 1-0 to Monaco after an awful gaffe from Lloris. We've got a shitload of players out and it's being played at snails pace.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Old?

Mourinho talked about Pepe and Cristiano Ronaldo, whom he did not say goodbye to. "Pepe was well on his way to leaving Real and I brought him back on board. I fought for an appropriate contract for someone who I consider to be a fantastic player, and who was out of action for a long time through injury. A youngster started playing who was 12 years younger than him (Varane), who deserved to play in my opinion, and he couldn't handle that."

"Everyone who wanted him out, who called him 'Killer', who constantly recalled his incident with the Getafe player whose head he almost ripped off – all of a sudden they took his side and defended him to the hilt. A manager's job is to bring the hatred upon himself and leave the players in good stead. Now he'll have a better chance of things going well for him," he added.

As for Cristiano, he underscored his performance on the pitch and his inability to accept criticism. "He's had three fantastic seasons with me. I've only had one problem with him – when criticising him from a tactical viewpoint, trying to improve what in my view could be improved, he didn't take it very well, maybe because he thinks he knows it all and a coach can't help him keep developing."

Salvadora

That result was better than a win for us because it highlights our many squad problems whilst showing our new found mental fortitude and never die attitude.

c4cGp41.jpg
YmfPcgO.jpg

Wow. Phil Dowd lost a ton of weight!

subtles

Yeah, but always welcome for those who haven't seen it. It basically explains why Ronaldo was so isolated in big games that Madrid failed to make an impact on. Ronaldo being Ronaldo while the rest of the team were following tactical instructions led to games like the Dortmund one. Some people say Ronaldo would have been a better player than he is today if he learned more from Mourinho, but how much of this is exaggerated we may never know.

Ushojax

lol Spurs

Still can't defend set plays. At least we have an excuse this time. Can't let your man reach the ball so easily.

Wilbur

Banned
Gary Neville's analysis of Pep Guardiola's split centrebacks

Great video. Gary Neville is the man.

Nice insight into how Pep Guardiola set up his CB's and DM too. Barca stopped doing this under Vilanova.

That was great, cheers for that.

I think Martino's Barca is going to be a fair amount more direct than Pep's but Busquets is still so important for them; they're far more lateral but he likes to drop into that space in between both centre backs and pick up the ball. They're intelligent footballers that haven't forgotten how to play the game they were taught by Pep, but I think they try to become a little more proactive in their play and making space for themselves as opposed to occupying space left when opposition players move out of it. So the ball normally goes straight out to Busquets now instead of wide to a centre back and then with Alves/Alba pushed so high up the pitch anyway, pressure's on immediately.

Ushojax

3-0 loooooooool

Go home everybody. If only we had some CBs...

Wilbur

Banned
Spurs wot is going on

Although to be fair, this team is pretty shitty, let's not get too much from this. Fryers-Livermore-Rose in defence, Parker in midfield with no Sandro-Paulinho, and Kane up front.

Ushojax

You can't play properly in a game like this with such bad CBs. Everything is wrong about the build up and organisation.

It's alarming how we've gone from 4 to 0 CBs in one week.

Ushojax

We are missing Ade, Defoe, Soldado, Bale, Sandro, Paulinho, BAE, Dawson, Vertonghen, Kaboul and Holtby. We're playing a team that spent £100m with a third of our squad.

This is a fitness exercise now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom