• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showaddy

I really hope that £8 million Spur's got for Steven Caulker was worth it, Vertonghen, Kaboul & Dawson had better be fit sharpish.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I really hope that £8 million Spur's got for Steven Caulker was worth it, Vertonghen, Kaboul & Dawson had better be fit sharpish.

We'll get Chiriches once Steaua play their second leg this week.

Ushojax

Well done Harry. He's got a good future this boy, I like him. He should have scored earlier.

Is their convict owner actually letting us buy him now? Regardless as good a footballer as he is I do worry about his size in the Premier League.

Size is not everything. Daws and Caulker are huge but we still didn't defend set plays well. It's about positioning and knowing when to challenge. Good defenders can do that no matter how big they are.

arkon

Kane could have had another one earlier too, when he was through on goal. Shit touch let him down though. Plus considering the team Spurs have out there it ain't all bad.

Sane_Man

Fuck me, watching casuals play video games is so frustrating. My Mum's boyfriend has been playing the mission where you have to burn the weed farms on Far Cry 3 for the last two hours. He's playing it on hard and still only has one weapon slot. I've told him at least 10 times to go and kill a goat so he can carry another weapon and he keeps saying "I will in a minute". Fuck this. How does he expect to take out 6 guys, 2 dogs and 5 crops with a flamethrower when he doesn't even know how to play stealth? And I have to keep reminding him to fucking heal and crouch. He's blown himself up fifteen fucking times by burning petrol cans from 2 metres away. AGH.

I'm raging here.

Well done Harry. He's got a good future this boy, I like him. He should have scored earlier.

Not with us though, needs a pacey striker next to or infront of him to make use of his good aerial ability. He'd do well for a mid table prem team, maybe another loan this season.

Ushojax

Not with us though, needs a pacey striker next to or infront of him to make use of his good aerial ability. He'd do well for a mid table prem team, maybe another loan this season.

He's only just turned 20 and scored goals in the Championship. He can succeed with us, he's technically very sound.

His best position is as support striker, not centre forward.

I don't usually complain about officiating because I'm not a fickle Serie A fan but today's Zenit game was ridiculous. Hulk got a second yellow for taking a free kick before the ref's whistle except it wasn't Hulk who did it. It was Shirokov. Smh.

Ingeniero

Lennon's beard looks stupid. It's the same shape and size as his fucking normal hair.
image.php

arkon

Fuck me, watching casuals play video games is so frustrating. My Mum's boyfriend has been playing the mission where you have to burn the weed farms on Far Cry 3 for the last two hours. He's playing it on hard and still only has one weapon slot. I've told him at least 10 times to go and kill a goat so he can carry another weapon and he keeps saying "I will in a minute". Fuck this. How does he expect to take out 6 guys, 2 dogs and 5 crops with a flamethrower when he doesn't even know how to play stealth? And I have to keep reminding him to fucking heal and crouch. He's blown himself up fifteen fucking times by burning petrol cans from 2 metres away. AGH.

I'm raging here.

Don't watch him then? Do something else. All that rage isn't good for you.

He's only just turned 20 and scored goals in the Championship. He can succeed with us, he's technically very sound.

His best position is as support striker, not centre forward.

He will never play as a lone striker for us in the league, not with the three in front of him. He needs regular game time at this age, common sense.

subtles

Gary Neville was a breath of fresh. I just hope they get more pundits/analysts in that mold. Hearing the same jargon every year has been tedious.

I hope Martino stays brave to his style. I would love to see Barca players flooding the box in the Newell fashion .

bud

Gary is really good technically, how good do you think managers are compared to him? I'm not talking about Moyes or Mou but someone who's coaching a mid-table club?

Do you think he'd add something to United if he joins?

eh, analyzing is completely different from coaching. besides, is his analysis really that eye-opening? anyone who'd seen barca a few times could see what they were doing with their centre backs.

arkon

I don't usually complain about officiating because I'm not a fickle Serie A fan but today's Zenit game was ridiculous. Hulk got a second yellow for taking a free kick before the ref's whistle except it wasn't Hulk who did it. It was Shirokov. Smh.

I assume you guys are going to appeal the suspension get gets then?

Carbonox

Falcao's boring to watch when he has the ball and tries to take someone on. He literally cannot do it.

Edit: But he shows his actual qualities where positioning and finishing are concerned. :p

Sane_Man

Don't watch him then? Do something else. All that rage isn't good for you.

If Dexter has taught me anything it's that I'll stick around and watch something to the end, no matter how fucking frustrating and shit it may be. Either that or I just crave misery, which would explain being a Liverpool fan.

Gary is really good technically, how good do you think managers are compared to him? I'm not talking about Moyes or Mou but someone who's coaching a mid-table club?

Do you think he'd add something to United if he joins?

I have no idea tbh, we have very little to go on to judge manages since we never get a chance to see how they work - just their results and there are lots of different variables which impact on that.

It seems like he is a very sharp tactically. How he is coaching and man management wise, who knows.

I don't think he should join up with United right now anyway and I don't think he will. He said he wants to have a long apprenticeship and go about learning as much as he can before he accepts any kind of position. Good for him and if he ever does join up with United we'll be the ones to benefit from that.

Wilbur

Banned

Loooool the Russian league is the best

eh, analyzing is completely different from coaching. besides, is his analysis really that eye-opening? anyone who'd seen barca a few times could see what they were doing with their centre backs.

Wouldn't say I disagree; you could easy read a million pieces about Barca playing it out from the back but I think that's the first piece I've seen that talks about the splitting of their centre backs

Carbonox

If Dexter has taught me anything it's that I'll stick around and watch something to the end, no matter how fucking frustrating and shit it may be. Either that or I just crave misery, which would explain being a Liverpool fan.

It's depressing and painful sitting through this Dexter season. It's fucking terrible. Still, it's the finale and the rumoured spoilers actually excite me.

arkon

Fair enough. I'd have left the room in disgust after about 10 minutes.

His analysis isn't always eye-opening but he is very good at explaining patterns and concepts in a simplified way.

subtles

No it isn't, but it goes a long way when it comes to educating the average football fan. At times it's like the PL is it's own bubble where fans regurgitate the same nonsense pundits do.

Ushojax

We really don't care anymore.

We've played at walking pace the entire game and with these 'defenders' it's impossible against someone like Falcao. We're playing our 6th best CM as a CB and a LB who's never played a senior game.

Wilbur

Banned
Bit disheartening for Spurs, the result doesn't really tell the story of the sides :lol.

poor avb

come to me

come to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom