• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Arsenal can't defend for shit.

Fulham should've scored. Walcott also should've got his head up and noticed his teammates sooner. Arsenal could've scored if he did.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
He really hates Martinez, doesn't he? :(

I don't know. I think people put too much emphasis on Fergie when discussing United's success.

If building teams that win titles whilst spending less than your rivals is easy everyone would do it. Also his management of players, of introducing young with experienced is almost unrivalled.

Wilbur

Banned
Well I'm sorry but he wasn't some kind of wizard that managed to turn a shit squad into a team that won title after title. The squad is good and if Moyes isn't a complete fuck-up he'll probably win again.

Yeah this really is confuziz type tomfoolery

Ferguson v Di Matteo/Benitez v Mancini

OR

Moyes v Pellegrini v Mourinho

Come on, ElTopo. Half your fans are already shitting their knickers because Guardiola is playing Mandzukic as a left back, things like this clearly have an impact. Not to mention that Chelsea and City have improved their squad and we haven't.

Well I'm sorry but he wasn't some kind of wizard that managed to turn a shit squad into a team that won title after title. The squad is good and if Moyes isn't a complete fuck-up he'll probably win again.

The squad is good, but imo weaker than City and possibly Chelsea's. There were two quality gaps that won them the league last year

1. The difference between Van Persie and City/Chelsea's strikers
2. The difference between Ferguson and Mancini/RDM/Rafa

bjaelke

Man I knew I should've left Hangeland on the bench.

Copenhagen scum
LLShC.gif

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Well I'm sorry but he wasn't some kind of wizard that managed to turn a shit squad into a team that won title after title. The squad is good and if Moyes isn't a complete fuck-up he'll probably win again. Obviously I'm only referring to recent success, not the twenty years he worked there. Moyes could certainly fuck up as times goes on.

I'm just saying the squad isn't as bad as people pretend when discussing the chances of United winning, not discussing his fundamental influence on the club's success (in principle).

Should've made that more clear, sorry.

Ah ok, if i came across snide im sorry, didnt mean it. And yes I have been most critical of the squad this season and had to eat a little humble pie in regards to the first game, its not that the squad is bad but MOST United fans would argue that last season was odd, given how much implosion happened around us. We played well yes but there were still some very key vulnerabilities, especially in our midfield, which simply were not exposed enough, especially in the second half of the season. Combine this with a summer of strengthening from both of our main rivals and i was very nervous about Swansea. Im still nervous honestly, but knowing RVP is fit and well is a huge boost.

It's well boring when one of the teams you want to lose are playing and they're 2-0 at HT.

Nothing to look forwards to in the 2nd half.

Fucking Fulham..

Lightning

Banned
that's good to know, I don't know when the rumours popped up but with Schalke being on the verge of crashing out of the CL there's still a possibility.
Yeah, Schalke and Celtic both have a lot of work to do. They both had poor first legs of their qualifiers. Celtic's being worse.

We just need to wait and we will kill this game off when Fulham come at us. Our counter attack has been quite good.

Hopefully Wenger thinks this is a fantastic performance in which Arsenal showed real character and belief, thus negating the need for any transfers except maybe Flamini on a free.

Lightning

Banned
Hopefully Wenger thinks this is a fantastic performance in which Arsenal showed real character and belief, thus negating the need for any transfers except maybe Flamini on a free.
That was quaranteed the moment we killed Fenerbache.

Still going to finish above Baleless Spurs though so not going to matter.

Arnie

Innit. Game's a damp squib now unless Fulham score pretty quickly.

Wouldn't rule it out.

Arsenal have been flatter than a disco in their own half. Fulham need one goal and they're right back in it, and Ramsey will be sent off for an accidental second yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom