• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
He stagnated lately at Madrid, but he's still young (24) and extremely talented. I think he would be a great fit for a club like United actually.

It's like someone was saying yesterday, it's really difficult to assess players at Madrid because everything they do is routed through Ronaldo. I think Ozil would truly shine elsewhere.

Wilbur

Banned
Ozil is overrated.

He stagnated lately at Madrid, but he's still young (24) and extremely talented. I think he would be a great fit for a club like United actually.

We already have two lazy hole players that don't defend in Kagawa and Rooney, we don't need another one :lol

Serious tho, we don't need him. If Rooney stays, we definitely don't need him. If Rooney goes then I'd rather Kagawa becomes de facto second striker. We need a centre midfielder over everything. Everything.

L1NETT

Ozil would be ace at United, no questions there but could the money be spent better elsewhere? Deffo.

All about priorities now.

FootballFan

Not surprised ManUtd turned down Ozil. Weak and inconsistent douche with stamina that is a joke for a professional athlete. Windass could probably outrun him.

#MoyesIn

Arnie

Ramsey's got to play 70 minutes on this pitch, in these conditions as a defensive midfielder with a yellow card.

Trouble's brewing for Arsenal.

bud

I don't know why Arsenal are so insistent on playing possession based football, they're so much better on the counter.

arsenal can't defend. not having the ball, and relying on the counter would only make that more noticeable.

a player like walcott would be better suited to a team like that, however.

arkon

I thought you were a Barca-bro arkon.

I don't hate Barca like some here do so there is that. I normally prefer them over Madrid but some of the antics in recent years...yeah, let's leave it at that. Plus now that Madrid have got rid of Mourinho and signed players like Isco they're in a better standing in my eyes. I'm not really rooting for anyone particularly. Just like the meltdowns when they do play against each other :D

http://images.wikia.com/logopedia/images/b/b5/Huddersfield_Town_FC_logo_%28simple%29.png[IMG]

He's a Huddersfield-bro. Well, an only child, really. Arkon <3[/QUOTE]

Pretty much.

Wilbur

Banned
arsenal can't defend. not having the ball, and relying on the counter would only make that more noticeable.

a player like walcott would be better suited to a team like that, however.

I just think Arsenal always strive to be like Barcelona, but none of their players are as intelligent with space as Xavi/Busquets etc, so when they allow the opposition time to get back and sit on the edge of their box, they run out of ideas.

bobito

Banned
You need to think bigger. Of course you're gonna win the Premier League, but when do you get another chance to get a player of his calibre? Also you're shitting on Kagawa? If a player doesn't help defend you gotta work with him on that, see e.g. what Bayern did with Ribery.

Edit:
Looking at United's squad I think you could really use him. Doesn't look like there's someone of his level at United.

Are you so sure?

Wilbur

Banned
You need to think bigger. Of course you're gonna win the Premier League, but when do you get another chance to get a player of his calibre? Also you're shitting on Kagawa? If a player doesn't help defend you gotta work with him on that, see e.g. what Bayern did with Ribery.

Edit:
Looking at United's squad I think you could really use him.

I love Ozil, and I love Kagawa. But as L1nett says, its about priorities. We don't need Ozil if we have Kagawa and Rooney, because to play all three together you'd be playing two of them out wide and they're not great out there. There'd be no point Ozil coming in unless Rooney left which is a big if, and then if he did come and we still didn't buy a central midfielder I'd be disappointed.

FootballFan

I don't hate Barca like some here do so there is that. I normally prefer them over Madrid but some of the antics in recent years...yeah, let's leave it at that. Plus now that Madrid have got rid of Mourinho and signed players like Isco they're in a better standing in my eyes. I'm not really rooting for anyone particularly. Just like the meltdowns when they do play against each other :D

Nah I knew you weren't a Barca-bro, was just false hope.

We don't need you, we have Andres and G Unit. <3

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
pcfifabros im online in 15 minutes, can go any, lets doo this

GQman2121

Banned
Trying out this NBC app with my parents cable details and it's complete junk on my phone. Keeps crashing. It looks great when it does work, but it's consistently force closing.

The website on my PC won't even connect. :|

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I'll play, doubt anyone else will

Dunno we had 6 on yesterday :eek: im still amazed after 11 months we can get people together

Btw the most used phrase in the Club OT thread is "Im done (with fifa)"

Quiche leads the ranks having said it 55 times :O

fuenf

It's time:
1239807_556333141068615_172135427_n.jpg

Neuer - Dante, Thiago, Ribéry, Mandzuki&#263;, Robben, Boateng, Götze, Lahm, Alaba, Schweinsteiger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom