• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graham Hunter
"Ozil not happy at the threat of Isco and #Bale to his place. Özil's father is actively seeking to place him in the Prem. #United

However an initial approach to #United one week ago, brought no encouragement at all. Don't know if that has changed, but doubt."

Moyes and Woodward better not turn him down.
We already have.

Yep.

1377352086_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

@cremino; Sauce.

Poor choice of pants and wearing a Spurs shirt to your new club is not a hot look*

* I know that's not a Spurs shirt.

valeo

So now we've won 2 games comfortably, which team will be in everyone's crosshairs this week? I'm picking Man Utd after they lose to Chelsea and don't sign anyone.

bud

if kagawa, who is a lot more dynamic than ozil, can't even make it at united, then what makes you think ozil would? 4-4-2 is ingrained in united's way of playing. united will need a forward in that position, not a midfielder.

Clegg

Why would they turn him down :(

Transfer window has sucked.

TBF we don't really have any need for him. Yes he's class but we already have two very good attacking midfielders in our squad and we sometimes don't use them the way we should.

We really need a CM this summer. Anything else is just a luxury signing.

Mastadon

Banned
So now we've won 2 games comfortably, which team will be in everyone's crosshairs this week? I'm picking Man Utd after they lose to Chelsea and don't sign anyone.

Nope still you. Gala and Fulham aren't exactly tough tests, come back after you've played Spurs.

Or, us when we lose to Villa 5-0 today.

K1LLER7

Tbf he's a brilliant player but he'd probably cost lots and we have no pressing need for him.

Can see some rationale behind it.
If he wants to leave, he shouldn't cost more than 30m.

He would work in a 433 or a 451. He can also play on the wing, even though its not his best position, similar to Shinji. Behind the striker, he's better than both Rooney and Shinji.

Nani hasn't signed a contract and Rooney is still angry and confused.

GQman2121

Banned
Yeah, those jeans on Bale are no good. Why so tight?

edit: holy shit at this Windows tablet commercial on the NBC site. Over and over and over again......

If he wants to leave, he shouldn't cost more than 30m.

He would work in a 433 or a 451. He can also play on the wing, even though its not his best position, similar to Shinji. Behind the striker, he's better than both Rooney and Shinji.
It's about priorities. Why pay £30m for a player who isn't going to play in his best position, when we need a LB, CMs and wide forward more urgently.

Don't get me wrong if we signed him I'd be over the moon but it'd be a luxury.

Meier

Nathan Redmond was a good buy for £2-3 million. He's only going to be worth more than that for the foreseeable future.
Very good young player. Quite a smart signing...figured he'd end up moving for closer to £5.

Interesting, probably old news but NBCSN said Sunderland are making a move for Michael Bradley. Dat Team USA.

Hixx

Very good young player. Quite a smart signing...figured he'd end up moving for closer to £5.

Interesting, probably old news but NBCSN said Sunderland are making a move for Michael Bradley. Dat Team USA.

Our DoF was in Rome this week, so may be true.

Wilbur

Banned
It's about priorities. Why pay £30m for a player who isn't going to play in his best position, when we need a LB, CMs and wide forward more urgently.

Don't get me wrong if we signed him I'd be over the moon but it'd be a luxury.

Mm, I said the same thing earlier. We don't need him. Would rather get Fellaini, as weird as that sounds on paper.

You should watch the Newcastle game. Best goalscoring chance was a header that went two meters wide.

That was Downing being a wally, if he'd just put it towards goal instead of trying to set-up Maiga, who clearly had no idea he was going to do that, it would have at least been on target.

Embarrassing that Newcastle's best shot so far was a near-own goal from Winston Reid.

Got Charlton vs Doncaster in my bet, bet on Doncaster. They're 3-0 up but its raining so much that they've stopped play (Doncaster were at big odds) and they've finally gone back out.

I hate the weather in this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom