• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus wept, give us a chance to embed a system! We'll destroy you in September, the Clank Clank will seize up, mark my words.

oOaW8jV.gif

I'd be worried but does your system involve taking Hart out? :p

GQman2121

Banned
Seems like most were watching City shit the bed, so in case you missed it, Soldado did absolutely nothing again. Hit another penalty, but I don't think that's what Spurs paid all that money for.

You wouldn't be saying this any other season, but because you've won back to back games for the first time in 5 years you've sprouted a set of footballing cojones.

Factually incorrect, I've always thought it, and we've had enough shitty opening days for me to have formed an opinion on it :p

doicare

The good thing about Man City having both Kompany and Nastasic out injured today is we all know injuries don't matter so it had no effect on the result as Cardiff scored from two easy headers in the box.

Wilbur

Banned
Seems like most were watching City shit the bed, so in case you missed it, Soldado did absolutely nothing again. Hit another penalty, but I don't think that's what Spurs paid all that money for.

I had an eye on it. I think Spurs as a team look pretty disjointed to be fair, and he got two in midweek (albeit against a shit team). At the moment, they're getting points on the board and Soldado's looking a bit lightweight up against PL defenders. Williams had him covered the entire time.

He'll step up, I'm sure of it. He's a quality striker and he's got four goals in his first week at the club.

dc89

The good thing about Man City having both Kompany and Nastasic out injured today is we all know injuries don't matter so it had no effect on the result as Cardiff scored from two easy headers in the box.

You're my new best friend on here.

--

Anyway, don't know why you guys are surprised. You lot say we are shit in Europe.

Suen

Cardiff beat city? I guess we're going to lose against them as well. It was nice to hope that we could challenge for the title this season with new signings but the dream is over. Let's aim for the fourth spot Arse bros.

ShogunX

Said it about 14 times before but games like Cardiff v City are why the Premier League is still the most entertaining to watch.

Soldado had no service today, that was the problem.
Paulinho looked very lively, i think we need to get him more forward and drop Dembele for Sandro.

Townsend and Chadli aren't the sort of wingers you need to set Soldado up, both seemed to struggle getting down the flank today.

Still, two clean sheets and six points from two games, I'll fucking take it.

rodvik

They need someone who is able to partner with him. They should have been in for that Willian bloke, he would have been perfect.

Wilbur

Banned
His best season was 11-12. IMO.

He was good that year but I do think he was better at Birmingham. Was rank average last year though.

Soldado had no service today, that was the problem.
Paulinho looked very lively, i think we need to get him more forward and drop Dembele for Sandro.

Townsend and Chadli aren't the sort of wingers you need to set Soldado up, both seemed to struggle getting down the flank today.

Still, two clean sheets and six points from two games, I'll fucking take it.

Townsend's a greedy little cunt. But today you had five players that started often last season; Lloris, Dawson, Vertonghen, Walker and Dembele. Four new players and then the returning Townsend and Rose, understandable that everyone needs to acclimatise and get into the groove.

Bo-Locks

Hah.

Sky have got a TV in their post match manager interviews. I'm looking forward to seeing that utilised for Wenger's next interview.

Wenger: "I didn't see it".
Geoff Shreeves: *Wheels massive TV out*

Lunchbox

Banned
:loooooooooooooooooooooooool, lunchbox are you gonna take that from a Liverpool fan?
the shirt i took off to soak the spilled cereal milk off my rug after Fraizer campbell scored costs more than his weekly income bra

words cant hurt lacoste wiping rags

justjohn

Gary neville rightly criticising joe hart but isnt this going to affect their relationship in the England team? I always thought he had to give up one of those jobs since its becoming a conflict of interest.

FuturusX

They need someone who is able to partner with him. They should have been in for that Willian bloke, he would have been perfect.

Sub Zero, brother.

shitzney > shart

Shit Sandwich or Glass of Urine...hmm choices.

Hart is suffering from the contagion of playing for England. Look at Rooney. He's a sad state.

Maybe England should stop competing on any level.

England haven't competed since 66*

*Not including 5-1 Victory over Germany

Koko

Banned
There's not nearly enough Serie A talk in here. What's up with that?

Well Juve and Milan played yesterday, which is equivalent to most if not all of Serie A-Gaf.

Then Inter isn't losing (yet), so no one can shit on them.

The rest of the games start in half an hour.

Wilbur

Banned
There's not nearly enough Serie A talk in here. What's up with that?

Not too many fans. We got like, 6/7 Juventus, 3 or 4 Milan, then one Lazio, one Napoli and one Inter, none of who post regularly.

And then a PSG fan who followed the money of Torino.

But I love Serie A. Got Inter on, looking predictably shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom