• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw nothing of either team.

We needed someone to aim for. Should have started with Lukaku imo, problem for Torres is that no-one ever sticks the ball in for him.
Lukaku made his own stuff against Villa and did well.

Not really concerned after this performance but neither team were great. Coming off watching City lose to Cardiff I think the top 3 could be tight this season.

dc89

I saw nothing of either team.

Chelsea will Be happier of the two for sure.

That game reminded me of the derby at City a few years back, where both sides settled for 0-0

They're still a point ahead of us at this stage and that's really all that matters. : Still a bit in disbelief about Wales being our kryptonite.

Do not fear my blue companion.
We will conquer Wales before long.

Well this explains a lot

A7biB9C.jpg

justjohn

Very happy with the result. Also utd under moyes clearly aren't going to be as shit as I thought. Very solid evertonesque performance from them. Roll on bayern.

The good thing about this chelsea team is how they look very strong at the back; I never once panicked everytime utd got forward.

Not quite sure what to make of that. We were pretty poor. Chelsea more so in my opinion. Both sets of defenders were great, Rooney was good but both teams were too scared of losing to really go for it.

Nice to see we didnt just counter the entire time though. Poor game. But eh, I expected worse to be honest.

Panic mode Wilbur is worst Wilbur. Ruining CL for us is not enough for you?

Bo-Locks

Our problems were out wide, with Valencia, Jones and Welbeck all having a poor game. Carrick and Cleverley did well and controlled the game for large parts, which was a surprise because I thought they were going to be blown away when I saw the lineups.

Some better width with Rafael and Nani, and we would have won that game because as poor as we were at times, Chelsea were even worse.

Also, buy a central midfielder!

Chris R

Draw is a better result than a loss. Even more so away at Old Trafford.

Would have been nice to see more attacking from Chelsea though...

Clegg

Klopp will be crying a lot this season.

We looked solid defensively but offered no threat through the middle or out wide. Welbeck isn't a winger and Valencia can't attack with the ball any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom