• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_prOdigy

"I thought we played very well but couldn't get the final cross in to get the final chance in front of goal. We put three forwards out but Chelsea made it hard to score."

"I didn't have a great view of the penalty claims, but I think it's still a situation where the referees don't know what is handball and what isn't. I think the referee had a good game but I don't think the managers are quite sure.

"I am frustrated we didn't get the points but we'll take it and go and build on it"

Hmm. 50/50, David. You go ahead and build on it.

Suen

The difference is that last season we would it either draw or loss this kind of game.
I know but when you consider how much we've spent on the squad and the coach we have it shouldn't be anywhere close to this result. One goal against Granada? Not to talk shit about them, maybe they've improved but with our squad it should have been more than one goal. The most depressing thing that can happen is if we end up being just as shit with Bale in the squad, that will be even worse than the Kaka fiasco.

Wilbur

Banned
We wanted some creativity, but left out Kagawa for Giggs. If Moyes wanted defense from the left winger he should have left Welbeck on. He wasn't doing much wrong defensively. He was having trouble producing in the final third. If we're not even willing to bring him on now, what's going to happen when Nani and Chicha come back? Phil Jones just had a bad game. It's obvious he's not a natural fullback. It will be telling to see what Moyes thinks of Fabio next week.

We'll see what happens next week.

Moyes is a very reactive manager. He's not the type to say "well this is the team I pick and the opposition will have to deal with that". He'll pick his team to counter specific dangers from other sides.

Would I have made the same choice sending Giggs on instead of Kagawa? No. But with a few minutes to go, I can understand why Moyes made that choice.

I'm not going to read too much into it. Liverpool will see us carry more pace and not linger on the ball as much and I think we'll try to counter, and it'll be the same at the Etihad and I don't have a problem with that. Conceivably with Kagawa's speed of thought and strengths with his back to goal I could easily see him starting next week.

If he doesn't start vs Palace, that's the time Klopp should come with his motorbike and helmet.

Hahahaha

David Moyes is hilarious

I'm properly laughing

'This is a special club'

you wont be laughing when gare7h 9ale turns up at anfield next week.

How was it there??

Ah it was amazing, mostly because I've never been to a game in a standing section with a beer before haha. Since it was Gamescom all the trains were packed, plenty hot cosplayers around though. I would have went but I was with my dad, don't think he'd enjoy it.

Meier

Thing Fady retweeted is probably not true but at least makes a modicum of sense.

CFCnet.co.uk ‏@OfficialCFCnet 2h
Do you think Jose has started without a striker to show Rooney that he has a place for him?

Carbonox

Fellaini and/or Cabaye on their way?

Cabaye is offski. No two ways about it. Is McCarthy the right replacement? Who knows.

What is a priority for me though is that we get a new striker in. Remy may never play for us and Cisse is 100% fucking horse crap.

K1LLER7

"Spanish reporter @Manu_Sainz suggests ManUtd want Ozil in the next few days and there could be more news tomorrow. #MUFC #MANUTD #RMFC"

Ozil #7

Koko

Banned
I know but when you consider how much we've spent on the squad and the coach we have it shouldn't be anywhere close to this result. One goal against Granada? Not to talk shit about them, maybe they've improved but with our squad it should have been more than one goal. The most depressing thing that can happen is if we end up being just as shit with Bale in the squad, that will be even worse than the Kaka fiasco.

I agree with you, but the thing is this was only the second official match that we had and still really early to make some kind of judgement on Michelangelo/New Transfers.

Salvadora

Someone post a gif of the Cashley dive. I almost forgot about it.
I couldn't find it, but I found this.
Karma_is_a_Bitch.jpg

RAWK continues to embarrass.

Turok_TTZ

We said the same thing throughout the whole last season and still did bad in the league. I'll give you that it's still early in the season, it's just two games but soon that excuse shouldn't count anymore. Remember our supposed comeback in the second half of last season the media was talking about? Sure we did play better, but we still played quite bad.

Except last season Mourinho backstabbed Benzema and caused much controversy with the squad.

This season will be different. will be without the backstabbing and the controversy. though the latter i am not sure how long we will be without that. Casillas not playing this one did raise an eyebrow for me. Mind you I prefer Diego atm but Casillas should be given a fair chance.

in any case if u watched madrid match, take notice that for the first time in a long time, Benzema played a full 90 mins. very rare that happened last season. such is what Benzema needs. A consistent run of 90min games will improve his form. CR7 is still learning the new stuff he is expected to do from Carlo so it is to be expected.

We are still getting adjusted to Carlo's designs. We must give Carlo time.

Wilbur

Banned
Looking at our first five games and what comes after, it was very conceivable that we could have finished this run with 4 points, or at least to negative cunts like me. I expected a draw at Swansea, a win against Palace and the other three to be losses.

If we get out of this period with two draws away and the Palace win with 9 points, I'll be happy. A lot of winnable games after that.

K1LLER7

Fantastic player. Pointless signing.

Klopp would cry.
He'd be better than Valencia on the right. He does decent going backwards too. Will add more creativity and make a difference to the team.

I think it's a bit of a panic buy but one that could work out.

Still doubting it though. We should know more soon.

Wilbur

Banned
Özil isn't pointless if we sell Rooney.

But we'll still all go 'ffs moyes pls bring on kagawa'

What's the point if we have Ozil? I don't get it. Doesn't look like Rooney's leaving. Let's put that to bed, get Fellaini in, don't bother over Baines. That's the bare minimum we should be doing right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom