• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

Considering how shit the game between Utd and Chelsea was it only makes sense that Shrek would join Arsenal now. Who'd want to play for these two boring cunts clubs.

Wilbur

Banned
Klopp will be crying a lot this season.

We looked solid defensively but offered no threat through the middle or out wide. Welbeck isn't a winger and Valencia can't attack with the ball any more.

Young made a few good crosses, and Valencia was good until he came near the box, which is a shame.

Tonight wasn't the right game for Kagawa considering Rooney and Van Persie played. Welbeck and Valencia were the right choices. If we'd played Kagawa out wide we wouldn't have competed as well and Hazard/KDB would have been more of a threat.

We were marginally the better team, and I'll take some solace from the fact we didn't just play on the counter. Small things, but its early days. Not going to panic or overreact.

dc89

The people who've had a season ticket at Old Trafford for as long as I've lived will be in shock.

They've never seen United play for a draw at home before.

It truly Is a new era.

arkon

I think both teams will be pleased to have avoided defeat but ultimately disappointed to not have picked up the three points. It was certainly a game of football over the 90 minutes.

Clegg

The people who've had a season ticket at Old Trafford for as long as I've lived will be in shock.

It truly Is a new era.

Except ya know

We didn't actually play for a draw.

Wilbur

Banned

It truly Is a new era.

You can stop talking shit now, please. It's not even entertaining shit, its just tired and boring.

The evil Kagawa on twitter is amazing :D

I no believe own eye! Giggs on before Kagawa? It take Neville 3 minute to wake old bastard from sleep!

YES! Ashley Young can win us game all on own. Mr Moyes you are both wise and also handsome of man. I hope you appreciate sarcasm of Kagawa.

I interupt Moyes team talk. "NO goal, NO assist, NO play-a-make! PLAY KAGAWA!" He say if he wanted hear from arse hole he would of farted!

Anderson 1st half statistic. 2 Mars-a-bar 1 box Malteser 1 Pack Dorito crisp (family size) 3 curly wurly 1 FAT BASTARD!

During minute silence I think I hear heart of Klopp breaking.

Meier

I think both teams will be pleased to have avoided defeat but ultimately disappointed to not have picked up the three points. It was certainly a game of football over the 90 minutes.

:lol Very professional analysis, arkon. Seriously, I'd expect to hear someone who is getting paid to do it say that.

justjohn

I understand mou's thinking here. This was moyes' s first game at old trafford and there's no way he was going to give him a victory. Imagine the boost to united if they had won; Top of the table, beating chelsea and mourinho. Couldn't let that happen.

Tbf that was a very Fergie era performance except we looked a bit better at the back.

We look better because Vidic is back. We were looking good defensively at the end of last season when Vidic came back too.

I hope Fabio and Shinji get some game time. He has to play them eventually.

It truly Is a new era.

You have the most expensively assembled team in the world and you just lost to Cardiff. We just drew to a Mourinho led Chelsea side at home whilst looking the stronger side.

Just drink that down for a moment. Let it settle in. Context, Crehan.

Suen

Salva made that clear to us earlier. Weird how Arsenal playes all jumps ships as quickly as they can though despite of this and the bigger teams play styles not fitting them.
can't wait to see Mellberg making your entire defensive system collapse <3

Wilbur

Banned
We look better because Vidic is back. We were looking good defensively at the end of last season when Vidic came back too.

I hope Fabio and Shinji get some game time. He has to play them eventually.

He does and he will, but I understand why he didn't tonight.

Turok_TTZ

Three points baby

But Carletto's still got work to do

Indeed but its still fairly early into the season and you could see some of our boys just not in form just yet.

Benzema despite the goal is still not in form. he is about 60% ready. but the effort is there. its only a matter of time.

CR7 is just having another one of those nights. effort was there also, he will be fine.

I am currently troubled by Ozil and Casillas.

Salvadora

Salva made that clear to us earlier. Weird how Arsenal playes all jumps ships as quickly as they can though despite of this and the bigger teams play styles not fitting them.
What are you talking about :lol.

I was commenting on Van Persie's play style at Arsenal vs United. Can't get a word in edgeways round here without it coming back to trophies.

Let's be real here and admit that this game has changed the order of things:

Serie A > Two-team League/Lol Liga > Premier Boring > One-team League/Bundeslol

But as Yurt retweet : This match was like watching Juve play Juve.

What are you talking about :lol.

I was commenting on Van Persie's play style at Arsenal vs United. Can't get a word in edgeways round here without it coming back to trophies.

Giroud and Bendtner fits you better anyway.

D_prOdigy

I think I'd have been happier with that point if it came deeper into the season after we'd been chugging along season staying in-touch with the top. I guess it feels more frustrating because it was the first home game - bit of a fear that it sets a precedent.

Need that first great/dominant win in a big game.

Suen

Indeed but its still fairly early into the season and you could see some of our boys just not in form just yet.

Benzema despite the goal is still not in form. he is about 60% ready. but the effort is there. its only a matter of time.

CR7 is just having another one of those nights. effort was there also, he will be fine.

I am currently troubled by Ozil and Casillas.
We said the same thing throughout the whole last season and still did bad in the league. I'll give you that it's still early in the season, it's just two games but soon that excuse shouldn't count anymore. Remember our supposed comeback in the second half of last season the media was talking about? Sure we did play better, but we still played quite bad.

But as Yurt retweet : This match was like watching Juve play Juve.

Giroud and Bendtner fits you better anyway.
:lol you're such a cunt.

dc89

Except ya know

We didn't actually play for a draw.

I saw a team that didn't play to win. Neither side played to win imo.

You can stop talking shit now, please. It's not even entertaining shit, its just tired and boring.

:looool

You have the most expensively assembled team in the world and you just lost to Cardiff. We just drew to a Mourinho led Chelsea side at home whilst looking the stronger side.

Just drink that down for a moment. Let it settle in. Context, Crehan.

I'll drink it in. :(

Wilbur

Banned
Well that means we've made a very poor and undervalued bid for Bale that'll be rejected but shows 'ambition'

fucking lol

this joke club

He does and he will, but I understand why he didn't tonight.

We wanted some creativity, but left out Kagawa for Giggs. If Moyes wanted defense from the left winger he should have left Welbeck on. He wasn't doing much wrong defensively. He was having trouble producing in the final third. If we're not even willing to bring him on now, what's going to happen when Nani and Chicha come back? Phil Jones just had a bad game. It's obvious he's not a natural fullback. It will be telling to see what Moyes thinks of Fabio next week.

We'll see what happens next week.

Koko

Banned
We said the same thing throughout the whole last season and still did bad in the league. I'll give you that it's still early in the season, it's just two games but soon that excuse shouldn't count anymore. Remember our supposed comeback in the second half of last season the media was talking about? Sure we did play better, but we still played quite bad.

The difference is that last season we would it either draw or loss this kind of game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom