• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

keit4

Banned
Group A
1. Real Sociedad
2. Manchester United
3. Shakhtar Donetsk
4. Bayer Leverkusen

Group B
1. Real Madrid
2. Juventus
3. Galatasaray
4. Copenhagen

Group C
1. Paris St Germain
2. Benfica
3. Olympiakos
4. Anderlecht

Group D
1. Bayern Munich
2. Manchester City
3. CSKA Moscow
4. Viktoria Plzen

Group E
1. Chelsea
2. Schalke
3. Basel
4. Steaua Bucharest

Group F
1. Napoli
2. Dortmund
3. Arsenal
4. Marseille

Group G
1. Atletico Madrid
2. Porto
3. Zenit
4. Austria Wien

Group H
1. Barcelona
2. AC Milan
3. Ajax
4. Celtic

Copenhagen is going for the CL title this year. They've put all their eggs in one basket.

We can still win the Danish cup.

Im gonna lick so many Wooden tears this year yum yum

Meh, I'm expecting a beating every match. I would have anyway, but in Group C a victory or two could at least have been possible. If you want to lick tears it's going to be from the Danish League where we at least should be able to win.

panty

We can still win the Danish cup.

Meh, I'm expecting a beating every match. I would have anyway, but in Group C a victory or two could at least have been possible. If you want to lick tears it's going to be from the Danish League where we at least should be able to win.

Wooden lets go see Copen-Real game in Copenhagen?

Fergie

Banned
@OptaJoe: 1 - Manchester United have won just one of their last eight matches in Spain (D4 L3). Overpowered.

izZzaDePbMqoZ.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Agree with everything except A. United will finish second or third. Like always, you guys are overestimating your team.

Yeah could come back and blow up in my face but I think we'll qualify. First or second, gotta keep the faith. Forgot Shakhtar lost all their best players. Sociedad are great and Leverkusen will be tough but we can do it.

I'm excited as fuck, can't wait to see it.

Of course we had to pick Barca, it's the CL after all. Ajax and Celtic in the same group means four great matches, Barca is an added bonus. If we win, great, otherwise it's no big deal.

I'm seriously thinking about getting a CL Group-Ticket, if only I could find somebody else to go to see the matches.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I wouldn't call group F a group of death. BVB and Napoli will dick Marseille and Arsenal.

Group of death is really our group if anything. 2 QF and 1 SF! BUT WE'RE GONNA FINISH TOP!

PSG with the easiest, again.

pulga

Banned
Im fucking ecstatic Madrid and Juve drew the group stage. Im moving in two weeks to Rome, Ill definitely be trying to book a seat at Juve's home game! <3

nemesun

Alright so I see the groups finishing like this:
Group A
1. Man Utd
2. Shakhtar Donetsk
3. Bayer Leverkusen
4. Real Sociedad

Group B
1. Real Madrid
2. Juventus
3. Galatasaray
4. Copenhagen

Group C
1. Paris St Germain
2. Benfica
3. Olympiakos
4. Anderlecht

Group D
1. Bayern Munich
2. Man City
3. CSKA Moscow
4. Viktoria Plzen

Group E
1. Chelsea
2. Schalke
3. Basel
4. Steaua Bucharest

Group F
1. Napoli
2. Arsenal
3. Dortmund
4. Marseille

Group G
1. Atletico Madrid
2. Zenit
3. Porto
4. Austria Wien

Group H
1. Barcelona
2. AC Milan
3. Celtic
4. Ajax

My prediction.

Wilbur

Banned
Because it was in the middle of the CL draw:

I'm going to go full on DC PR here because I've just received an email confirming a very sweet gesture for a young Chelsea fan with terminal brain cancer here in Baltimore.

The Craig Willinger Fund (www.cwfund.org) is an ngo that gives young football fans battling cancer the opportunity to attend a live home game of their favorite club.

On the 7th of September during the international break there's going to be a pub crawl to raise money for about five different kids to travel this season to see their clubs play.

Our Chelsea in America chapter has already made arrangements for our fan, Nolan, who is 18, and will travel to London to watch Chelsea play Fulham at Stamford Bridge on the 21th next month.

What's special--and is a surprise for Nolan--is that the club reached out and Frank Lampard has agreed to take sometime and meet with Nolan during his tour of Stamford Bridge on the 20th. Frank is Nolan's favorite player and we're all so grateful that he's going to have this opportunity. His cancer is at a stage where he's likely not going to see the end of this current Chelsea campaign, so this is a real special treat to make happen.

Happy enough with our group.

Not easy, some testing games, but we should still have the quality to come through it.

Arsenal's group looks like the toughest to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom