• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

Looked like Evra was gonna over hit it by miles aka The Bebe but his crosses were brilliant.

Thought RVP was gonna re-create his Community Shield goal with 1 of the crosses.

Suen

:lol Timu, :lol Wooden, too early. Munari scored a while ago, Amauri assist. Can't find any stream but I'll have to assume Amauri did a good job! Nice!

Yeeeeeeeeeees Palladino scores through a Biabiany assist!!!

Salvadora

I honestly enjoy visiting other teams boards. I have regular visits to Blue Moon, Grand old Team, RAWK, Ready To Go and Arsenal Mania. Oh and the Inter Milan forums every time Coutinho has a good game so I can see them all get pissed off.
I find Arsenal Mania fantastic as an aggregate of news surrounding the club, as I imagine all the other fan sites there are. In terms of actual discussion, it's disappointing imo. Everything is split up into so many different sections (even players getting individual threads!) and that makes it difficult to enjoy.

When I've went looking for lols in RAWK or RedCafe, I've actually been surprised at lack of it.

Hixx

REAL Believe FC

datgplvlpjl.gif

K1LLER7

I love those early crosses like the ones he swung in today.

I wish Walker would do that a bit more, he always tries to run with the ball when sometimes a quick delivery is what's needed.
He seems to be hitting in harder with less loop. Hated when he'd float balls in. Similar to Valencia.

Wilbur

Banned
proxy.jpg

Says it all really doesn't it.

Fucking cunt. Two assists in half an hour tho. Maybe we should keep the fuck around and bring him off the bench every game. He doesn't deserve to start over Welbeck.

Who, even aside the goals today (and his dumb mistake) was fucking great.

That Welbeck chip was perfectly executed

Did anyone else think Johnson was particularly good today? Didn;t give away any silly fouls, got forward constantly, played it smart, I think all of his dribbles were successful, and he remained very calm when he was under pressure and managed to pass it out of the back.

I think everyone played pretty well today except for the the set piece defending, which was a joke

arkon

Fucking cunt. Two assists in half an hour tho. Maybe we should keep the fuck around and bring him off the bench every game. He doesn't deserve to start over Welbeck.

Who, even aside the goals today (and his dumb mistake) was fucking great.

To be fair the first assist was hardly much of one at all. Although, yeah, his movement off the ball gave RVP that extra bit of time to do his thing. The second pass through to Welbeck, no arguments there.

Suen

Juve Stabia, the real Juve, is fighting for survival in Coppa Italia against Varese, they are on ET.

Cagliari at ET with Frosinone (Serie C), wtf is happening in these games :lol

edit: seems our next opponent will be Juve Stabia/Varese.

Mads Albæk scored 7 minutes into his debut today against Lille, well done. I'm sad Copenhagen missed out on him, the talent has been obvious for some time but we were too slow to get him.

Clegg

Rio Ferdinand ‏@rioferdy5 50s

Going home to watch some football, heard Ross Barkley at Everton was producing some nice stuff..very comfy baller..got the tools in locker
Multimedia tapping up.

justjohn

They analyse every single player in the world 24hrs a day? Thats practically impossible isnt it?

Wenger truly has gone mad. Not a joke, I think he's actually beginning to crack.

Meier

Unconfirmed reports saying Oxlade Chamberlain will be out for 3 months.

Wow, that's tough for AFC if true. I don't remember him ever getting hurt other than when he fell and fouled Luna but somehow caused Luna to get a yellow card. They really should try and buy The Assassin from us as was rumored earlier this summer -- they desperately need the coverage for Arteta.

Jesus, they just lost a football match to a team in the same league FFS. These things happen.

A reaction like that is born out of more than just one result.

Even if you were to look at today alone then losing 1-3 at home to a team that scraped relegation by the skin of their teeth last season is simply not good enough.

jtb

Banned
I don't mind Wenger's blind spots, so much as I hate his total refusal to admit they exist and/or compensate for them. The transfer policy has been complete shit for at least the past five years or so, the concepts of rotation and squad depth are totally alien to him, and he is a fucking terrible defensive coach. Or he just buys shit defenders. Either way, we lose.

I wish Wenger would just admit that he was wrong for once, that his course of action isn't working, and would work to fix this shit rather than pretend they don't exist.

today's defeat... meh, in the grand scheme of things, it's practically meaningless. It's one less point than we earned last season from game 1. Once we're knocked out of every competition, lack of depth won't be an issue and we'll finish fourth. Again. Hope Ox isn't out for 3 months, but if he is, maybe it means Wenger will spend some money. It's frustrating but I'm not too concerned either way.

Hixx

My views on how our new players gelled in today:

Celustka: quick, strong and had a WICKED shot well saved. Seriously, it was a perfect strike from 25 yards, just well saved. Got turned a few times by Taarabt and Berbatov but who doesn't?

Roberge: He wasn't tested defensively at all but he is a real ball-playing defender. He was bringing it forward whenever he could and was good with BOTH feet which is refreshing. Big surprise.

Giak: touch of class but really needs to get fit and beef up a bit. Couple of nice shots and crosses, on another day would have had an assist at least.

Cabral: this lad can play. Just controlled the midfield from start to finish, if we can get a playmaker next to him we will be laughing. Endless energy, clever passing and movement and looks a threat around the box considering he is pegged as a holding midfielder.

Altidore: strong and fast but with a good footballing brain. Excellent ability to bring a ball down and bring others in to play, good vision. Swiped at a few shots but is going to be a real threat when we get settled. Not at all hard to see why he destroyed the Dutch league.

As for our play style: we resorted to the long ball very few times and when it was, it was pretty much always O'Shea. Roberge, Colback and Celutska all happy to bring it out from goal kicks to find either Cabral or Larsson. Seriously we utterly dominated today, they had one attempt but we were just incredibly profligate. We will be fine this season.

Play style has shifted from being like a shit Stoke to more like Swansea under Rodgers. Good possession but lacking any real penetration. Hopefully we can fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom